Unread 14-12-2007, 08:18 PM
stax

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Glad to be of help, sonny.
five years is a lot at that age

Unread 14-12-2007, 08:21 PM
BarryX

Forest away, either 79 or 80. Can't remember the score, just remember thinking that was it for me in terms of all my other child hood passions. From that day, until now, I am so £#%&!ing pleased my old man didn't listen to me mam and took me with him

Unread 14-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Crumps

Montpellier 06/03/91 (1-1) - Main Stand, towards the Stretty and I spent more time watching people in the Stretty than the match according to my Grandad.

Unread 14-12-2007, 08:28 PM
fergieslovechild

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39694

*originally posted on RI a couple of years ago, I've just come across it while looking for some old work documents*

Saturday 26th April 1980 v Coventry, 2-1 (Mcllroy 2)

I was 10, it was the dark days of the Dave sexton era.

There was an older lad who lived over the road from me who was about 15 and was a regular match goer. My mum and dad were divorced and I didn’t see much of him so my mum knowing I was mad into united arranged for the lad to take me, as he was the son of her best friend.

We set off at about mid morning got the 52 bus from outside the Ben Brierley pub on Moston lane and arrived at OT at about 1.00pm or so, well the place was pretty empty anyway.

I was pretty excited and was probably going on a bit and we made our way down to the bottom of the Stretford end (that’s west stand to you JCL’s) and I promptly took my positions behind one of the crush barriers, only for the older lad to educate me in the error of my ways and place me in front of the barrier.

The ground eventually filled up and the game took place, but I don’t really remember much about it.

Do you know why? (and my clearest memory of the whole day), not long after I got settled a lad about the same age as me came and stood near me. This lad had a prosthetic, false, discoloured left arm (which were really obvious in those days) with an old bar scarf tied around the wrist, and I couldn’t stop staring at it all game.

Why did he have to stand so close to a 10 year old who was not only at his first united game, had never seen a false arm before?

Selfish @#%&!!

Unread 14-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Terry Silver

December 17th 1988

Arsenal away, Lost 2-1

Wasn't all bad, as those points helped stop the Scousers win the title that year.

Unread 14-12-2007, 09:57 PM
puressence

j stand .utd v stockport county leage cup august 1978 won 3 2 aged 7

Unread 14-12-2007, 10:12 PM
edwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bestial
Luton Town '89. Won 2-0 in front of 35,665. Ticket was £3.50 in the old F stand.

Crazy to think that we're now getting over twice as many through the turnstiles and paying ten times the price.
Remember that game well. Think it was after a cup exit or something and loads stayed away for that game.

Unread 15-12-2007, 02:42 AM
shenwen

honestly can't remember. my oldest OT memory is from late 70s, playing a team in black and white stripes (west brom? newcastle? notts county) and I was sat in the stand that used to have the glass partition to the roof.

my strongest memories of being young at OT were sitting in B stand and looking at what i think was a huge grain warehouse I could see through the gap between the stretty and united road. I can hardly remember any football. strange what the mind remembers.

Unread 15-12-2007, 03:14 AM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
sounds like the bitters on the hill at Blackburn...
1st Was cup final vs Arse - Older brother had to go to Skeggy for camp, don't remember any of it apart from the sadness at the end. To be fair I'm not a top red as the Sexton era passed me by, remember Gary Baily kicking the ball on the roof where the away fans now sit, and a midweek night game Vs Dukla Prague who played in yellow, and the poor little bloke who used to sell tobacco and sweets in his little booth under K stand. Always remember wanting to sit or stand in the stretty.

Unread 15-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Desmond

fa cup final, 1990

Unread 15-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Desmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan_Tier2
1st game or replay?
First game and went to the replay too, wish I could remember it. Did you do the business last night virg
Closed Thread