rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
bjork bjork bjork

Unread 14-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
The lad who gave me nailed on Tevez info said everything was in place for a move this Summer but Utd - for whatever reason - decided to hold back. He will move to a 'big' club within 12months IMO despite his public comments. I'd take those with a pinch of salt.

He knocked back several enquiries in the Summer too and actually said he'd only consider a club to someone like Manchester Utd (mentioned a few others too but I don't have the link, sorry).

Johann Elmander at Toulouse is worth a look apparently. Not seen much of him but my friend reckons he's got the lot to go on and be a very good player.
i had it on very good authority that we were going to sign him this summer but in May when it transpired that Tevez was available on a 'loan' deal they changes their mind and spent the money on nani and anderson. They had never planned to buy either of them until this summer but interest in the pair forced United's hand.

Unread 09-01-2008, 08:03 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB
A source with a good track record has told RN that Utd are in for Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and there are rumours of a supposed £12m bid which Ajax have rejected. We shall see. (Ajax apparently want closer to £18m but are in financial difficulties)
http://www.sisv1646.com/showthread.php?t=109629

hm.

Unread 09-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Hmm what?

A source in RN VIP seperate to the Red News source (i.e 2 seperate people) also broke this today

Barney doesn't post shite WUM's on his News feeds so I would say it is likely to be on the cards one way or another. Lets just hope it gets sorted this month rather than wait for the summer

Unread 09-01-2008, 09:04 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Hmm what?
Just a bit sceptic but the rest of your post has dispelled that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
A source in RN VIP seperate to the Red News source (i.e 2 seperate people) also broke this today

Barney doesn't post shite WUM's on his News feeds so I would say it is likely to be on the cards one way or another. Lets just hope it gets sorted this month rather than wait for the summer

this ones just for Whalefish

Unread 09-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
this ones just for Whalefish

Don't normally get carried away by these 'sources' tales tbh but this one looks like it could have legs (wishful thinking? I hope not!!)

we will just have to wait I suppose

Unread 09-01-2008, 09:26 PM
utd for ever

It wont happen sadly...

Unread 09-01-2008, 11:05 PM
legendary saf

Why?

Unread 09-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Whalefish

I'd wear no pants to work for a month if it happened.

A gamble since the Dutch league isn't the best but from what I've seen he's got the ability to step up. Needs to move now or in the Summer though.

Unread 09-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Part 36 Offer

I've said it for about 2 years - would bloody love him at OT.

Unread 09-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Whalefish

We'll probably be saying the same in the Summer Carrick when the lad signs for Juve.

Unread 09-01-2008, 11:51 PM
legendary saf

Huntelaar last season

Unread 10-01-2008, 12:01 AM
dunk

Chelsea need a striker and now have Ten Caat at Stamford Bridge, surely, if he were that good, Ten Caat, who knows all about him having been his manager, would be insisting Chelsea make a move for him rather than Anelka?

Just a thought like.

Unread 10-01-2008, 12:03 AM
legendary saf

Stats

04/05 = 38 starts, 20 goals.

05/06 = 41 starts, 38 goals.

06/07 = 47 starts, 34 goals.

07/08 so far = 23 starts, 19 goals.

European goalscoring record = 26 starts, 17 goals.

Unread 10-01-2008, 12:11 AM
Serenity Now

He's got his goals again this season, but I don't think he's played particularly well at all. Was a similar story for the majority of last season as well. There's no doubt that he has excellent finishing ability, and his movement around the penalty box is very good, but personally I'd rather we signed a less one dimensional player - someone who has greater ability to participate in the build-up and create his own chances.

Unread 10-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
He's got his goals again this season, but I don't think he's played particularly well at all. Was a similar story for the majority of last season as well. There's no doubt that he has excellent finishing ability, and his movement around the penalty box is very good, but personally I'd rather we signed a less one dimensional player - someone who has greater ability to participate in the build-up and create his own chances.
Perhaps but I think this lad needs a move, a chance to step up. We may see a different player at Utd.

It's a tricky one. There's not a wealth of quality out there IMO but I don't see the point in wishing for a player like Benzema.

For me the player Utd need is one who will be happy with his place in the squad, won't be an automatic first choice, and will end up on the bench more often than not. From where I'm sitting - and whether folk like it or not - when fit our first choice in attack will be Tevez and Rooney.

Benzema isn't going to come and tbh I do not want to see Utd spend over the odds for Berbatov, as good as he is. Huntelaar's a good option for me. Something different to what we already have. It'd be a gamble though.

Unread 10-01-2008, 12:20 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
I'd rather we signed a less one dimensional player - someone who has greater ability to participate in the build-up and create his own chances.
Saw a Bulgarian fella for Spurs tonight who seems to fit that criteria

Unread 10-01-2008, 01:05 AM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

Benzema isn't going to come and tbh I do not want to see Utd spend over the odds for Berbatov, as good as he is. Huntelaar's a good option for me. Something different to what we already have. It'd be a gamble though.

So what makes you so sure Benzema wont come? I know Real are interested but still...

For the record, I consider Benzema superior to Huntelaar who I think lacks pace and is a little one-dimensional. Anyone else worried that Huntelaar would hurt the fluidity/speed of our attacking play?

Unread 10-01-2008, 01:09 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Saw a Bulgarian fella for Spurs tonight who seems to fit that criteria
He was very impressive in the first half tonight, an absolute joy to watch, although I thought he lost focus and got a bit sloppy in the second half. Still, a fantastic performance, though not quite as good as his display against Citeh in the last round of the competition, which was probably the best demonstration of hold-up play I've seen this season.

Unread 10-01-2008, 01:14 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Mackey
So what makes you so sure Benzema wont come? I know Real are interested but still...

For the record, I consider Benzema superior to Huntelaar who I think lacks pace and is a little one-dimensional. Anyone else worried that Huntelaar would hurt the fluidity/speed of our attacking play?
A few reasons, the fee (he'll be very very expensive) and he's already declared he'd like to play for AC or Madrid. Latter have apparently made him a priority target. Also would he arrive and be happy with rotation? I doubt it somehow. A very talented prospect but I suspect wherever he ends up he'll want to be in the starting XI.

Huntelaar isn't slow and technically he's a very good striker. Benzema does look the better player I just don't see that one happening at all. So in answer to your second question, no I'm not worried at all.
Closed Thread