United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Should we sign WW permanently?
Yes. Oat bags galore 57 59.38%
No. Stable round the back and shoot him. 39 40.63%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 02-03-2023, 04:54 PM
NedKelly

Poll isn’t nuanced enough. If you’d have included an option for ‘yeah if we sign another centre forward who is prolific in front of goal’ I’d have gone for that.

Unread 02-03-2023, 04:55 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
He’s been part of a good run of performances and that’s great but he’s been less effective than Fred in that run and nobody wants Fred here next season. The fact people are now saying they’d like to keep him as long as he doesn’t play that much should tell you all you need to know.

I hope he continues to play his part. I pray to god he’s not here at the start of next season.
Perfectly put and the exact point I’ve been trying to make but you’ve made it much better than i could have.

People want to sign a striker who isn’t a goal threat. No the air, not on the deck, not even a target man and as slow as anything. But yeah sign him up !

Unread 02-03-2023, 05:09 PM
Ethers

Quote:
He’s been part of a good run of performances and that’s great but he’s been less effective than Fred in that run and nobody wants Fred here next season. The fact people are now saying they’d like to keep him as long as he doesn’t play that much should tell you all you need to know.

I hope he continues to play his part. I pray to god he’s not here at the start of next season.
Well I’d say that’s arguable tbh. For every good performance Fred has put in, there’s been an awful performance to counter it. That’s probably a bit unfair, it’s more like 2:1 in favour of the good performances.

The point being that even when he’s in good form, he’s wildly inconsistent. Steady Weggy doesn’t fluctuate half as much. You know what you’re getting from him, game in game out.

Unread 02-03-2023, 05:15 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Well I’d say that’s arguable tbh. For every good performance Fred has put in, there’s been an awful performance to counter it. That’s probably a bit unfair, it’s more like 2:1 in favour of the good performances.

The point being that even when he’s in good form, he’s wildly inconsistent. Steady Weggy doesn’t fluctuate half as much. You know what you’re getting from him, game in game out.
really hope this doesn’t catch on.

Unread 02-03-2023, 05:21 PM
Pop

Striker who doesn't score goals.

I don't care what else he does or how Dutch he is, what's the point?

If Ragnick or Ole signed him he'd be torn apart on here.

Unread 02-03-2023, 05:29 PM
marlo

saf touched on it the other day.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/footba...arcus-rashford

We actually signed a striker last window that most want to offer a permanent contract despite him not scoring goals

Unread 02-03-2023, 05:37 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
saf touched on it the other day.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/footba...arcus-rashford

We actually signed a striker last window that most want to offer a permanent contract despite him not scoring goals
Probably best not to link to an article where Fergie also says his signings have been really good, if you’re trying to imply that Fergie thinks one of his signings is shit.

Unread 02-03-2023, 05:38 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Poll isn’t nuanced enough. If you’d have included an option for ‘yeah if we sign another centre forward who is prolific in front of goal’ I’d have gone for that.
Don’t poo-poo for the hay or neigh, please.

This a colours nailing mast of a poll.

Separate the Ethersers from the Marlonians

Unread 02-03-2023, 05:39 PM
Travis Bickle

Quote:
and nobody wants Fred here next season.
Er, I do.

As for Weghorst - I would sign him. He adds something different and seems like a positive guy to have in the squad.

Unread 02-03-2023, 05:43 PM
jem

Quote:
really hope this doesn’t catch on.
weg in your face.... weg in your face! (from the ten hag fest)

Unread 02-03-2023, 05:56 PM
Medlock

Like the lad, and he's played his part. However, I would like to think the club would be thinking bigger

Unread 02-03-2023, 05:57 PM
Finport Red

When I think of soldiers, I can think of nothing better to accompany them than a nice runny Weg. The big man has been great for us, his energy and desire to keep going has rubbed off on others too. That he annoys Marlo greatly is good too, and a solid indicator that he’s decent at football.

That said, I’m not sure that he’s a long term solution to anything. What he does should be done by someone who scores goals and, let’s face it, he doesn’t. Haggers reckons the goals will come, and I’m happy to trust his judgment on absolutely anything football related, and probably on most other subjects too. If he’s right, and the big man scores a few goals (starting this weekend), then I say we keep him.

Unread 02-03-2023, 07:35 PM
Bunker Buster

Weggy

Unread 02-03-2023, 07:45 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Weggy
not only wins the ball and puts it back to fred, but drags the defender out of the way of the shot as well. the thinking man's thinking player.

funny that they didn't put the sitter he missed in that compilation, though.

Unread 02-03-2023, 09:23 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesper
Ronaldo scored goals, were we a better team with him or now with Weggy?
Are they the only two options? There’s a reason no top European team plays with a non-scoring baby giraffe up front

Unread 02-03-2023, 09:26 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Are they the only two options? There’s a reason no top European team plays with a non-scoring baby giraffe up front
Apart from us

Unread 02-03-2023, 09:38 PM
jesper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Like Barca perhaps? Did them a lot of good, should have bought Weggy

Unread 02-03-2023, 10:05 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Could you imagine Martial doing any of that?

Wout

Unread 02-03-2023, 10:14 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
Could you imagine Martial doing any of that?

Wout
Haters back off

Unread 02-03-2023, 10:25 PM
jesper

We've scored two or more goals in the last 12 games, and he's played in them all. Team player
Closed Thread