United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-09-2021, 01:42 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Never heard of him.

I’m sure it’s too early to decide whether Ronaldo masks our flaws. If we win the league or the champions league then he would have done exactly that. Journalism is dead nowadays, the well respected sources have resorted to troll articles rather than decent pieces that capture what’s happening.
If Utd win the league, Ronaldo will have failed as they didn't win CL. If Utd win the CL, he will have failed cos they didn't win the league.
If they win both, they'll start writing/talking about what Utd will do when Ronaldo finally retires.

£#%&! them. Bask in their bitterness. It's lovely.

Unread 12-09-2021, 02:33 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Fair enough. I’ve never read him before
Couple of his recent ones.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-at-wage-bills

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ted-see-in-him

Unread 12-09-2021, 06:53 PM
andyroo

The annoyance is he's actually quite good at bigger picture history and culture of the game stuff, I've read a couple of books by him I enjoyed, a really good one about Argentinian football. But his hot takes on current Premier League issues are invariably utter hogwash.

Unread 12-09-2021, 07:05 PM
dinger

The guy is one of the founding members of the trequartista,false 6,double pivot,xg club. £#%&! him and any weirdo that pays heed of him , sucking the joy out of football £#%&!er

Unread 12-09-2021, 07:48 PM
red in cumbria

People in this thread responding with "but there's truth in what he says" are missing the overriding point tbh - which is that he is not opining in good faith.

Unread 12-09-2021, 07:57 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

The gryawn sports writers are as bad as most of the commentary writers, absolute dogshit attention seeking nitwits with delusions of being authorities of sharp comment and insight. Can only assume this pillock does not have an editor.

Unread 12-09-2021, 08:02 PM
Chris Quayd

The Independent leading the good fight for sports journalism, just the three rabid Liverpool fans on the sports desk. Still, at least they can put their allegiances to one side out of concern for our next generation of young players.

Melissa Reddy ex LFC employee ‘Ronaldo’s goal shows masks lingering issues United must solve’
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b1918441.html

Tony Evans Heysel murderer ‘Ronaldo’s ego leaves no room to inspire United’s next generation’
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b1913676.html

Unread 12-09-2021, 08:04 PM
red in cumbria

Indie used to have Glenn Moore, who was genuinely good and pretty fair towards Fergie's United.

Unread 12-09-2021, 08:07 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
The Independent leading the good fight for sports journalism, just the three rabid Liverpool fans on the sports desk. Still, at least they can put their allegiances to one side out of concern for our next generation of young players.

Melissa Reddy ex LFC employee ‘Ronaldo’s goal shows masks lingering issues United must solve’
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b1918441.html

Tony Evans Heysel murderer ‘Ronaldo’s ego leaves no room to inspire United’s next generation’
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b1913676.html
Evans is a £#%&!ing #@&%!.

Unread 12-09-2021, 08:25 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

I can't think of one so called journo I'd make a point of reading regularly. You only have to watch Ole's press conferences to see that none of the current crop have any knowledgeable questions to table or insights to offer and none of them 'break' any news I couldn't pick up or make up myself.

These clots get away with it because the content is pitched at the ignorant masses these days now that everyone is into the 'footy'. Before football became an out and out media product, the journalists were serving a far more football savvy readership and they had to be on their game.

Unread 12-09-2021, 08:36 PM
d_knight

I bet these £#%&!ers were crying (for real or in their hearts) when they were writing these dross.

Can see it now, gritting their teeth, typing on their laptops with so much force you can hear the keys breaking, eyes red, misty and puffy. Hair disheveled, shirts not tucked in, ties loosened.

Long may it continue

Unread 12-09-2021, 11:07 PM
red in cumbria

Will he be writing a piece about today's game along the lines of "Liverpool were bound to win given how much they have spent"?

And if not, why not??

Unread 13-09-2021, 06:19 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
I can't think of one so called journo I'd make a point of reading regularly. You only have to watch Ole's press conferences to see that none of the current crop have any knowledgeable questions to table or insights to offer and none of them 'break' any news I couldn't pick up or make up myself.

These clots get away with it because the content is pitched at the ignorant masses these days now that everyone is into the 'footy'. Before football became an out and out media product, the journalists were serving a far more football savvy readership and they had to be on their game.
And they also get away with it because there is no secretary correcting the grammatical errors; no sub-editor either re-writing or spiking it; and no editor to challenge their thought. No-one buys newspapers anymore; instant online pieces to satisfy the needs of those with the attention span of a gnat. In the same way singles ( if they still exist) are binned if they don’t have a hook in the first 30 seconds. But that’s progress.

Unread 13-09-2021, 06:24 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Inhale it all in lads. Beautiful
Isn’t it? We’re £#%&!ing back lads and all these @#%&!s are worried. They’ll be digging up shit on all of them soon enough and it’s ace

Unread 13-09-2021, 06:56 PM
red in cumbria

And he is STILL at it in today's "10 things we learned about the PL over the weekend" thing.
Closed Thread