United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 04-05-2017, 09:06 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Will take a score draw here and now.
Just as well that

Unread 04-05-2017, 09:45 AM
barca99

Already booked Stockholm so fully expect us to lose

We should be scoring 2 or 3 against this lot but Mourinho will play it safe.

One of the few problems I have with him is that he plays it too safe at times, go for it tonight and end the tie. They could easily score 1 goal at OT and we are in the same situation as the other week.

1-1

Unread 04-05-2017, 09:57 AM
Baron

Do we ever fare well in Spain?

I remember us doing Deportivo with a Beckham stunner from 25 yards... other than that it seems to an unrelenting procession of draws or defeats

2 wins in 22 games apparently

I'd take a score draw right now.

Unread 04-05-2017, 10:12 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Do we ever fare well in Spain?

I remember us doing Deportivo with a Beckham stunner from 25 yards... other than that it seems to an unrelenting procession of draws or defeats

2 wins in 22 games apparently

I'd take a score draw right now.
Yeah, we're shit in Spain and we're knackered and down to the bare bones facing a side who are primed, rested and waiting for this game. A serious test of the mettle of this squad and management imo.

Unread 04-05-2017, 10:13 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yeah, we're shit in Spain and we're knackered and down to the bare bones facing a side who are primed, rested and waiting for this game. A serious test of the mettle of this squad and management imo.
You do realise who we've declared fit for tonight?

lock. down.

we're £#%&!ed

Unread 04-05-2017, 10:14 AM
Bunker Buster

Will you be allowed to watch the game tonight Whip ?

Unread 04-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Will you be allowed to watch the game tonight Whip ?
yes mate why?

Unread 04-05-2017, 10:43 AM
andyroo

Whipped Hubley

Unread 04-05-2017, 10:44 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Whipped Hubley

Unread 04-05-2017, 10:44 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Whipped Hubley

check user cp

Unread 04-05-2017, 11:11 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Whipped Hubley

Unread 04-05-2017, 11:43 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Already booked Stockholm so fully expect us to lose

We should be scoring 2 or 3 against this lot but Mourinho will play it safe.

One of the few problems I have with him is that he plays it too safe at times, go for it tonight and end the tie. They could easily score 1 goal at OT and we are in the same situation as the other week.

1-1
You do realise United's biggest problem this season is converting chances?

Unread 04-05-2017, 11:57 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You do realise United's biggest problem this season is converting chances?
Agreed, but we should still be scoring 2 or 3 tonight.

That said I cant wait to see Lingard miss a sitter and shrug it off like he will get another 100 chances

Unread 04-05-2017, 12:05 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Agreed, but we should still be scoring 2 or 3 tonight.

That said I cant wait to see Lingard miss a sitter and shrug it off like he will get another 100 chances
That sense of entitlement is a bit

United shouldn't be scoring 2 or 3 away from home in a European semi-final unless we play £#%&!ing brilliantly & the oppo are a bit shit.

Neither of those scenarios are likely to be played out this evening, however the possibility exists & I feel like with the right approach, starting XI & a bit of steel...

Sorry, can't keep that up.

Let's just hope not to £#%&! it up.

Unread 04-05-2017, 12:07 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:

United shouldn't be scoring 2 or 3 away from home in a European semi-final unless we play £#%&!ing brilliantly & the oppo are a bit shit.

Neither of those scenarios are likely to be played out this evening, however the possibility exists & I feel like with the right approach, starting XI & a bit of steel...

We shouldnt be beating chelsea either...

Unread 04-05-2017, 12:11 PM
Cream

Cup comp. Anything can happen.

Celta Vigo look a bit shit though so ggmu.
0-1

Unread 04-05-2017, 12:15 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Yep

If the £#%&!ers are motivated enough...

That first 30 mins vs Swansea was £#%&!ing criminal. Cruising and getting over-run. Saving it for a big day in Stockholm. .... right @#%&!os, now is your time.

Unread 04-05-2017, 12:25 PM
dunk

Quote:

This. Get a goal and get out with as little damage as possible. @#%&! them at OT

Unread 04-05-2017, 12:31 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
That was a delightful surprise. Let's hope for another... if you expect it then you're somewhat setting yourself up for quite the kick in the dick I suspect.

Unread 04-05-2017, 12:39 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
That was a delightful surprise. Let's hope for another... if you expect it then you're somewhat setting yourself up for quite the kick in the dick I suspect.
i've stuck £20 on Celta...
Closed Thread