Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2016, 01:47 PM
Kent Brockman

Stoke are very much in this.

Unread 20-08-2016, 01:49 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The problem with this shit now is you will get players diving on corners, and with the ref trying to keep an eye on 10+ players , most of the time they will see the player falling and call it a pen
Any time you introduce a new law or objective, players will look to abuse it. That's can't be helped. All you can is weigh up the pros and cons of introducing it.

In this case, shirt-pulling is a huge problem that players do because they just know they'll get away with it. That's shouldn't be the case now. Players will throw themselves to floor, but they were doing that anyway.

Unread 20-08-2016, 01:54 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Any time you introduce a new law or objective, players will look to abuse it. That's can't be helped. All you can is weigh up the pros and cons of introducing it.

In this case, shirt-pulling is a huge problem that players do because they just know they'll get away with it. That's shouldn't be the case now. Players will throw themselves to floor, but they were doing that anyway.
I genuinly worry for smalling more than anyone he was giving away pens like this BEFORE they clamped down

Unread 20-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Sparky***

Just seen shay given is in goal for Stoke. Just give up and go home.

Stoke are such a bunch of leaden footed lumps.

That touch from Arnautovic

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:06 PM
Billy Redface

They've got more than enough to win this, but city have been very underwhelming again.

Still dodgy at the back, still overly reliant on aguero. Look past the Pep circle-jerk and they're just the same City.

So far anyway.

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Pop

£#%&!ing scumbags.

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Sparky***

£#%&!ing hell Stoke really do look like a bunch of leaden footed oafs when matched against decent footballers don't they.

Fair play to City, they haven't had to do much but they've resisted the urge to give constant set pieces within distance of their goal which is basically all Stoke know how to do. Keep Stoke at bay, don't foul them every 5 minutes near your own goal and you'll beat them easy.

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:17 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
For all the millions that clubs are *****ing on players Stoke are still running around with Walters and Diouf up front.

Absolute £#%&!ing cave man football

Are stoke going to register a shot on target at some point?
No. They're shit.

That little zlatan-lite fella is OK. Bojan is good. The rest of them are all Ryan Shawcross. All of them.

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
No. They're shit.

That little zlatan-lite fella is OK. Bojan is good. The rest of them are all Ryan Shawcross. All of them.
Charlie Adam, Diouf, Ashley Walters..£#%&!ing hell...we turned up there last year and they brushed us aside.

They are absolute shite.

Looks like City aren't going to have any teething problems under guardiola.

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:23 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Charlie Adam, Diouf, Ashley Walters..£#%&!ing hell...we turned up there last year and they brushed us aside.

They are absolute shite.

City top now with that goal.

José out.

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:24 PM
Vedder

Thumbs up

hopefully Stoke go down

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:24 PM
Billy Redface

VERY flattering scoreline.

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:25 PM
waynes ear's

£#%&! are the city mongs singing?

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:25 PM
Sparky***

Well i've watched City 3 times now under Guardiola and they've looked very comfortable in every game. I mistakenly thought that maybe Stoke's rough and ready tactics would catch them out but they've looked very good going forward and utterly untroubled at the back.

I think this 'wake up call' for Guardiola most of us were hoping for isn't going to happen.

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
hopefully Stoke go down
Hopefully there is a bomb on the City bus

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
VERY flattering scoreline.
How is it flattering? I've watched the game since the start of the 2nd half and the only time you knew the City goalkeeper was on the pitch was when he was kicking the ball out.

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
How is it flattering? I've watched the game since the start of the 2nd half and the only time you knew the City goalkeeper was on the pitch was when he was kicking the ball out.
So you only watched half the match?

Apology accepted.

I take it there'll be no wake up call for us then either if we're judging after two games ?

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:34 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Well i've watched City 3 times now under Guardiola and they've looked very comfortable in every game. I mistakenly thought that maybe Stoke's rough and ready tactics would catch them out but they've looked very good going forward and utterly untroubled at the back.

I think this 'wake up call' for Guardiola most of us were hoping for isn't going to happen.
With the squad they have they were never likely to be given a wake up call by Moyes Sunderland and a Stoke side still playing Jon Walters and Mame Biram Diouf, Sunderland gave them a lot more of a game than they had any right to.

I don't think our first two opponents were that good either fwiw but they were both better than Sunderland.

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Billy Redface

This Pep pandering is going to be unbearable

Interviewer to Stones:

"Are you getting instructions you've simply never heard before?"

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:41 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
This Pep pandering is going to be unbearable

Interviewer to Stones:

"Are you getting instructions you've simply never heard before?"