United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 08-02-2015, 12:39 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szekely
weak mentality? what does that even mean in this context? I'm not playing. we're observers.

its a simply a reflection of our standard. I want us to be title contenders as much as you, but I recognise that were not. not yet. that's why we drew games at spurs and Stoke - because we're that little level down from turning those in to wins. my post was simply to point out the standard of competition for our aim this season.

Im positive about the direction were heading, but sensible enough to see where we actually are. sorry about that.
We are weaker, but so is the rest of the league.

BTW, this isn't about the title anymore. I'm talking of 4th now. If we don't win today then doubts about even that will continue. Today is must win, as the next few weeks will be vital to whether we get back into the CL or not. Check out our fixtures for march and april.

Your move.

Unread 08-02-2015, 12:42 PM
Szekely

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
We are weaker, but so is the rest of the league.

BTW, this isn't about the title anymore. I'm talking of 4th now. If we don't win today then doubts about even that will continue. Today is must win, as the next few weeks will be vital to whether we get back into the CL or not. Check out our fixtures for march and april.

Your move.

so even though a defeat keeps us in the top four, we absolutely MUST win in order to stay in the top four in three months?

you're exaggerating.

today is important. Every game is important, but it isn't a 'must win'.

Unread 08-02-2015, 12:48 PM
TheKitchenSink

Think we'll win today. Always quite confident when Allardyce is in the opposing dugout.

Unread 08-02-2015, 12:48 PM
Switching Off

I really really hope we win today.

Unread 08-02-2015, 12:51 PM
saffers

Quote:
so even though a defeat keeps us in the top four, we absolutely MUST win in order to stay in the top four in three months?

you're exaggerating.

today is important. Every game is important, but it isn't a 'must win'.
Its no exaggeration pal, especially when we're creating so few chances, don't keep many clean sheets and still have a shocking away record.

Unread 08-02-2015, 12:52 PM
Mr_Ed

They've got injuries at the back do we should be able to score a few. Fingers crossed.

Unread 08-02-2015, 12:55 PM
Szekely

Quote:
Its no exaggeration pal, especially when we're creating so few chances, don't keep many clean sheets and still have a shocking away record.
now you're just pointing out the shortcomings in our games and form. that's totally off point.

The point that caused this mini-debate was whether or not this is must win - ie we have to win or we will NOT reach our objective - which is clearly isn't.

important that we do? Yes! massive if we do? Yes! absolutely essential that we do? no.

Unread 08-02-2015, 12:58 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up

3-0 United.

Unread 08-02-2015, 01:00 PM
Harri Jaffa

2 - 1 Sahko brace

Unread 08-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Jack Duckworth

Football

west ham united 1 - 3 manchester united

Unread 08-02-2015, 01:01 PM
saffers

Quote:
now you're just pointing out the shortcomings in our games and form. that's totally off point.

The point that caused this mini-debate was whether or not this is must win - ie we have to win or we will NOT reach our objective - which is clearly isn't.

important that we do? Yes! massive if we do? Yes! absolutely essential that we do? no.
How is it off point. We've been playing the same way since late sept, and all season have only won 3 times away.

You are gonna make apologies for us missing out on a bloody cl place just the way you did for us failing to challenge for the title. Extremely s2c.

Unread 08-02-2015, 01:15 PM
Szekely

Quote:
How is it off point. We've been playing the same way since late sept, and all season have only won 3 times away.

You are gonna make apologies for us missing out on a bloody cl place just the way you did for us failing to challenge for the title. Extremely s2c.
you've now missed the point three times despite being very clear.

its off point because those are factors to our game/form, whereas we were simply defining the importance of the game. completely different.

making apologise? what are you driveling on about? I'm observing where we are. nothing more. where I think we should be etc is, again, another matter.

I hope we win too. Have a good day.

Unread 08-02-2015, 01:22 PM
Lok

Falcao and Afro to start.

YHIHL.

Unread 08-02-2015, 01:30 PM
Tiberian

Add in the cup games and Utd have 4 wins out of 14 away matches this season

Unread 08-02-2015, 01:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Total opposite to last season when we couldn't win at OT. Very odd.

Unread 08-02-2015, 01:33 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Shocking, remember winning only 5 (I think) away from home in the league when we won it in 2011.

Unread 08-02-2015, 01:35 PM
saffers

Quote:
you've now missed the point three times despite being very clear.

its off point because those are factors to our game/form, whereas we were simply defining the importance of the game. completely different.

making apologise? what are you driveling on about? I'm observing where we are. nothing more. where I think we should be etc is, again, another matter.

I hope we win too. Have a good day.
Looks like we have another undercover city fan here. You're either that, stupid, deliberately obtuse. Anyway...

I don't hope we win, I expect us to win.

Your move.

Unread 08-02-2015, 01:38 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Yeah come back in May. See you then pal.

Unread 08-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Shocking, remember winning only 5 (I think) away from home in the league when we won it in 2011.
18 out of 19 wins at home, 10(ten) away draws.

Post World cup season as this is, top players have been pushed hard over an extended period, inevitable that performances will drop. You can see it across the league this year, the standard is very poor even compared to last year.

Unread 08-02-2015, 01:43 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Utd are no better or no worse then spurs, l'arse, s'ton, pisspool or even wham and maybe even ciddy. the question is whether we can improve and today is certainly a big indicator of that - lose and it's a full on dog fight for a T4 spot, which you'd hope we'll pip one of the places.

Thats where we're at.

1-2 utd