United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-04-2007, 02:10 AM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
To be fair in his last couple of season he only looked like he could play if he got himself up for it against the likes of Liverpool or Arsenal. The rest of the time he was the week link in a 5 man midfield. Scholes has been superb this season ans one of the key factors in our league position. I'll file this thread under reactionary bullshit.
See, the Giles, Dunphy, Brady triumverate have been praising Scholes all year while ripping Ronaldo, Rio, Carrick in particular. I think the truth is probably somewhere in between in both cases.

There was a reason we were still after Hargreaves on signing Carrick. Not been shown up too often this season but I'm hoping today was Scholes' off day before a barnstorming run to the end of the season now cause (whether I agree with or not) he's not going to be replaced by Fletcher or O'Shea except in an emergency.

Unread 15-04-2007, 02:47 AM
tatty

He's been fantastic this season but I agree he wasn't great yesterday (but I didn't think we played particularly well anyway).

If we get another midfielder in this season fergie will be able to pick and choose when scholes plays so we can get the best out of him for another couple of years.

Unread 15-04-2007, 03:17 AM
Coracao

this thread is highly amusing, and shows the idiots up who don't go to the game.

I'm afraid anyone who watches united in the flesh will notice the difference scholes makes.

wow...we beat roma 7-1 and we win 4-1 where scholes doesn't have a great game.

Some of you are deluded to £#%&!, Scholes is the reason we have dominated the vast majority of sides this season. Those willing him out of our side are £#%&!ing idiots, I can't think of any other word for you.

Unread 15-04-2007, 02:55 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
this thread is highly amusing, and shows the idiots up who don't go to the game.

I'm afraid anyone who watches united in the flesh will notice the difference scholes makes.

wow...we beat roma 7-1 and we win 4-1 where scholes doesn't have a great game.

Some of you are deluded to £#%&!, Scholes is the reason we have dominated the vast majority of sides this season. Those willing him out of our side are £#%&!ing idiots, I can't think of any other word for you.
a) 95% of fans could be at every game and still not have a clue what's going on.

b) Well, sure, if we're £#%&!ing idiots, move along to a different thread eh old sausage?

Unread 15-04-2007, 03:03 PM
£#%&! KFC

so what by his own incredibly high standards he had a bit of a poor game yesterday, his form this season has been magnificent but the goldfish element among our support seem to forget how many games he's played already this season and the fact he came back from a career threatening injury and when he does go it will be a far bigger loss than Keane, Cantona, van Nistelrooy , Beckham, Stam etc and they were all pretty £#%&!in big losses

ffs it was only two weeks ago he dismantled Blackburn

Unread 15-04-2007, 03:11 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
ffs it was only two weeks ago he dismantled Blackburn
I thought he was a primary cause of our poor first half in that game.

I'm going to have to try and give people a bit of perspective on what I'm talking about here.

My argument is that if you offered us Fabregas and Carrick as a partnership next season, I'd say no thanks.

My preferred formation/style of play features two holding midfielders to give the fluid front four the chance to "express" themselves.

I'm having a pop at neither the quality of Scholes or Fabregas, I just think football is moving away from that type of central midfielder.

Unread 15-04-2007, 03:15 PM
£#%&! KFC

that's why we're signing Hargreaves then obviously

Paul Scholes is the best midfielder we have had since Bryan Robson and he is on a par with Robbo, I can't pay him any higher compliment, and he's STILL a magnificent player

over and out

Unread 15-04-2007, 03:19 PM
chorleyred

I'll tell you what though. scholes may have been quieter in the last couple of games, but that may be due to the fact that Carrick has been stealing his limelight, loved carrick from the start but the last couple of games his vision and passing has gone up an extra level for me.

all good news as far as our midfield pairing go
Closed Thread