United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-07-2014, 08:23 AM
otbarney

Top four, just as long as we're above the vermin.

Unread 31-07-2014, 08:32 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Top four, just as long as we're above the vermin.

This and providing we actually turn up against the verm and bitters this season.

3-0 at home to both of them... Shocker - £#%&! Moyes.

Unread 31-07-2014, 08:51 AM
Child of Darkness

To have a chance of coming in the top three there needs to be at least two if not three more signings .

Don't underestimate the loss of three of the first choice back four .

Right now we are a top 6 side no more .

Unread 31-07-2014, 09:03 AM
puressence

Carrick ilike u but I'm sure I've started were gonna win the league thread in april .... Top from day one

Unread 31-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
To have a chance of coming in the top three there needs to be at least two if not three more signings .

More accurate than most on here.

Even with new signings, they'll take time to gel.

Assuming 2 super signings (a central defender and a zesty midfielder) I think we can get 3rd, depending on if the others have big CL runs, injuries etc.

Can't see us overtaking Chelsea for the same reasons we used to constantly win. Stability, organisation and a winning mentality.

Unread 31-07-2014, 09:26 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
don't think we will mate. theyre in another division.
See! It can't get harder than that!

Unread 31-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
I just hope louis doesn't get a link to giggsy's reality tv stint as manager for those four games.

not a chance pol - Giggsy looked the part in the club blazer after Motes but......lvg: alpha+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness

those three missed a lot of games last season and Rio was awol half the time he played anyway. Evra, love the lad but.......

that's why big Louis is playing 3 at the back. Don't think we'll let in many. No worse anyway.

Unread 31-07-2014, 09:44 AM
Jethro

Somewhere between 1st and 4th. I have a feeling some much maligned players will step up to the plate this season

Unread 31-07-2014, 10:00 AM
The Watcher

None of our rivals impress me atm. Even with the players currently on the books, United should put up a proper challenge for the title. Add a wordly midfielder and centre back and I’d be disappointed if they didn’t manage a domestic treble.

Unread 31-07-2014, 10:12 AM
S/Side.Red

Major issues in midfield still, especially with Carrick out, while the defence is worse now.

But we will make signings.

Basically, it's too early to ask this question

Unread 31-07-2014, 10:14 AM
fix up look SHARPE

i'll be gutted if we don't win the league.

Unread 31-07-2014, 10:21 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
None of our rivals impress me atm. Even with the players currently on the books, United should put up a proper challenge for the title. Add a wordly midfielder and centre back and I’d be disappointed if they didn’t manage a domestic treble.
i love your optimism.

I firmly believe chelsea will get between 90-96 points.

We need a heap of new signings and imo, it's not looking very progressive on that front.

Unread 31-07-2014, 10:29 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
i love your optimism.
I'm appalled tbh

I imagine Chelsea will improve now that Mourinho has got more of his players in. Really, it was in their hands last season and they blew it spectacularly. The performances against Sunderland, Palace and even Atleti at home were abysmal. Their manager’s slapped arse behaviour didn’t help them either.

City, for all their money and quality, are a bit of a joke. Just look at how a poor Barcelona side with a crap manager easily took them apart at the Council House. Liverpool shouldn’t have got close to them in the League yet they managed to hand the scousers the title, only for the murdering bastards to give it right back.

The scouse were an average side carried by an outstanding player. They’ve no chance now he’s gone.

Unread 31-07-2014, 10:42 AM
witter87

Vidal and a decent cb and the title will be on like Jimmy saville in a children's hospital.

Unread 31-07-2014, 11:00 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Anything in the top 4 will be a huge relief

Unread 31-07-2014, 11:03 AM
Neo

Reckon we'll challenge for the title as long as we sign a good centre-back.

I think having no European football will be a huge help domestically, particularly with the extra time Van Gaal will have to perfect his system on the training ground.

Unread 31-07-2014, 03:38 PM
gbmufc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Anything in the top 4 will be a huge relief
This and not to be dry shafted by Arsenal. Citeh, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Unread 31-07-2014, 03:44 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
This and not to be dry shafted by Arsenal. Citeh, Chelsea and Liverpool.
Agreed, above liverpool and top 4 would be good, no reason we cant sign a few players and win it though imo

Unread 31-07-2014, 03:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Agreed, above liverpool and top 4 would be good, no reason we cant sign a few players and in it though imo
See where we are in January too, non of that CL Cup Tied %@#$&!s to hold us back

Unread 31-07-2014, 03:51 PM
vangaalsbigballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
See where we are in January too, non of that CL Cup Tied balls to hold us back
It will still be there since we will claim to be interested in players from other CL clubs
Closed Thread