United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside
He's taken what appeared to be certain relegation candidates at the bottom of their division to top of what is probably the toughest, most competitive league in English football in less than one season. I don't think that's ever been done before, has it?
probably not. But it could be coincidence. Only a few more seasons will tell.

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:05 PM
violater

i used to not want to give keane credit for what he has done but its become to obvious and anyone who is refusing to stand up and acknowledge it is either bitter or underestimating the work he has done.

he disciplines players(two of his best ones) and still gets the result.

he has given the club a new lease of life.

he hasnt had any big run ins or given the press anything to write about in an adverse light.

he has been clever in the transfer market (bought in yorke and liam miller for peanuts)
bought arsenals highly rated youngster and has two of united players getting valuable experiance in a hard division.

he also looks the part wearing a suit most match days not going for the "im one of the players approach" like pearce and others.

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:08 PM
chorleyred

you could argue that paul ince has done better than keane as a manager in more difficult conditions

both have started off well, both with lots more to do

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:08 PM
£#%&! KFC

you could argue that paul ince has done better than keane as a manager in more difficult conditions

racist

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:10 PM
chorleyred

keane is an obvious one to watch. ince has gone about it all starting right at the bottom. it will be interesting in the long term which of them has more success.

a hard one to call imo

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:15 PM
violater

excuse my ignorane but i havent been following inces progress. how well has been doing?

im not going to lie ive been keeping a relatively close eye on keane. its got to the extent now where i go on
score.planetfootball.com every saturday and now check derby and birmingham results to show how they will affect sunderland

it will be good to see him in the league next season.

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:19 PM
chorleyred

I have a mate in sunderland who used to regularly slag keane off big time.

the last time we were up there and keane got sent off I stood in a pub in sunderland with him and heard nothing but keane slagging

now all i get is calls claiming he's the new messiah

not fickle us fans

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:24 PM
chorleyred

regarding Ince, I think macc were 10 pts adrift at the bottom when he took over. no money to spend so with the same players he's now 5pts clear of the relegation places with a game in hand

nowhere near the play offs but with a much harder job than keane had imo, he looks to have saved them from relegation

Unread 09-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Riverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
excuse my ignorane but i havent been following inces progress. how well has been doing?
Just about OK - nothing more. Macclesfield are currently 21st in Coca-Cola League Two, out of 24:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._3/default.stm

Unread 09-04-2007, 10:01 PM
celtbion

It's the way that Sunderland play and how often Keane can turn things with the right substitution, given that he didn't even have a pre-season to get to know these players, which marks him out as a very talented lad.

Hughes should be nowhere near the job given how Blackburn play at all levels.

Coppell arguably deserves a sniff using same criteria as Keane though maybe his previous experiences managing massive clubs might stand against him.

We'll see how Keane gets on in the Prem next year (where he's likely to be managing). Think Ferguson will be around for another season or two anyway so Keane (and the rest) will have to perform over that period to be in the running.

After all this, what's the betting the Glazers appoint Bruce Arena?
Closed Thread