United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:08 PM
wonky no

i take it you're at your sarcastic best with this thread jem?

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
Giggs was pants. nft.
Apologies. He was indeed very poor.

Even Fletcher did well when he came on. His first touch went straight out of play and had me fearing a 4-1 defeat. Picked up after that.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:29 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward #@&%!hands
do you understand football?
probably more than you.

2-1 is a good result(depend son how you look at it) but even with 10 men they were quite shit.

they were walking through our midfield and with our full backs going awol we were prime for a real thrasing but THAT roma team are no more than average.

a team i would liken them to in the premiership is spurs.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
probably more than you.

2-1 is a good result(depend son how you look at it) but even with 10 men they were quite shit.

they were walking through our midfield and with our full backs going awol we were prime for a real thrasing but THAT roma team are no more than average.

Our ball retention for much of the 2nd half was really poor. For the first 15 mins of the 2nd half they were teeing up at will, If they were any good they'd have thrashed us.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
probably more than you.

no I'm afraid you don't. It was a tough away fixture against in a partizan atmosphere, a @#%&! of a ref

what good does comparing them to spurs do? For one it's completely inaccurate and how is that a criticism of our performance?

We had 10 men. Rooney (who you thought should be replaced by Tevez) played well. We fought to hold on against a Roma side who looked more like the team who knocked Lyon out..
and we'll do them in the second leg.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Tiberian

We got a good result given the performance, and anyone who still believes that we do not need Hargreaves needs their head examining. Scholes against a team that play at that pace and with mobility through the team is a problem. Left us with Giggs in center midfield. thats all right when you are controlling the game, but the amount of times they got in between Rooney and Giggs down the left for shots was worrying.

Badly missed our proper full backs, who would get forward and give us out balls. Strangely again after the match Fergie failed to mention Evra when he was talking about players missing, what is going on there?

As usual we started the game slowly, looking to contain what Roma would do rather than play our game. The old heads let us down tonight, really looked their age.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
That is complete %@#$&!s. If Spurs went to Lyon looking for a result, they'd get mauled.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:42 PM
violater

Quote:
no I'm afraid you don't. It was a tough away fixture against in a partizan atmosphere, a @#%&! of a ref

what good does comparing them to spurs do? For one it's completely inaccurate and how is that a criticism of our performance?

We had 10 men. Rooney (who you thought should be replaced by Tevez) played well. We fought to hold on against a Roma side who looked more like the team who knocked Lyon out..
the looked more like the team that knocked out lyon?

what the £#%&! are you on about.

roma are not that good.
infact they proved they are very average.
their 2nd goal was a keepers error.

a better team should have scored about 4/5 goals tonight they way we went about things after scholes went off.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:44 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
That is complete %@#$&!s. If Spurs went to Lyon looking for a result, they'd get mauled.

i dont think you understand me tbh.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
the looked more like the team that knocked out lyon?

what the £#%&! are you on about.

roma are not that good.
infact they proved they are very average.
their 2nd goal was a keepers error.

a better team should have scored about 4/5 goals tonight they way we went about things after scholes went off.
what I am on about - did you see Roma against Lyon in the previous round? That was not an "average" side. They showed signs of that tonight.

It wasn't the best result, but it was satisfying. We can't play away in Europe. It's not the end of the world.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
We got a good result given the performance, and anyone who still believes that we do not need Hargreaves needs their head examining. Scholes against a team that play at that pace and with mobility through the team is a problem. Left us with Giggs in center midfield. thats all right when you are controlling the game, but the amount of times they got in between Rooney and Giggs down the left for shots was worrying.

Badly missed our proper full backs, who would get forward and give us out balls. Strangely again after the match Fergie failed to mention Evra when he was talking about players missing, what is going on there?

As usual we started the game slowly, looking to contain what Roma would do rather than play our game. The old heads let us down tonight, really looked their age.
good post.

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:12 PM
jem

Quote:

what? like lyon did?

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
what? like lyon did?
you can bttt and I'll eat humble pie if we don't go through. I think it's well and truely in our favour.

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:18 PM
jem

Quote:
you can bttt and I'll eat humble pie if we don't go through. I think it's well and truely in our favour.
we should still go through, but there is no way I would call it in our favour. we are favoured by being the better team, but that means nothing if we don't £#%&!ing play like it.

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Tiberian

Anyone else surprised at the team Selection tonight, specifically Ole. Left us with 3 mid 30's players in the same area of the team, and they were all sluggish. Ole put a lovely ball in for the goal, but he was pretty much a passenger in the game.

We missed Park's energy and workrate, not enough movement and showing for the ball when we had 11 men, but that is a long term problem in Europe.

One thing that impressed me about Roma tonight was their willingness to play at pace, quick free kicks, thow ins, corners trying to take advantage of a loss of concentration.

We are the exact opposite in Europe, we get a dead ball and is takes an age to be delivered, players walk forward, there is no energy or urgency, plenty of time to reorganize for the defensive team. We look to contain and control rather than exploit space. Roma, especially in the first half, did everything at pace and hustled us out of it.

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:28 PM
jem

Default I don't know you

but I know your typical responses. I read the forum occasionally, you know.

and that is not my typical response to a defeat (or even being a man and a goal down at half-time... when, incidentally, I said we could win 4-1). I react the same way to a victory. if we play like that, I will criticise. it was £#%&!ing horrible and heinze should be every bit as much ashamed of his stupidity as scholes.

I was going to old trafford before you were born, #@&%!y.

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:29 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Anyone else surprised at the team Selection tonight, specifically Ole. Left us with 3 mid 30's players in the same area of the team, and they were all sluggish. Ole put a lovely ball in for the goal, but he was pretty much a passenger in the game.

We missed Park's energy and workrate, not enough movement and showing for the ball when we had 11 men, but that is a long term problem in Europe.

One thing that impressed me about Roma tonight was their willingness to play at pace, quick free kicks, thow ins, corners trying to take advantage of a loss of concentration.

We are the exact opposite in Europe, we get a dead ball and is takes an age to be delivered, players walk forward, there is no energy or urgency, plenty of time to reorganize for the defensive team. We look to contain and control rather than exploit space. Roma, especially in the first half, did everything at pace and hustled us out of it.
I don't know if it's a lack of energy or the fact that we were time-wasting from the start.

I thought it was funny when roma kicked the ball away and then complained about us time-wasting, though.

£#%&! me, we were even backpassing from corners.

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:30 PM
MUFC One Love

I'm sorry but I completely disagree. For once I was impressed with us in Europe, such a hostile atmosphere and a hard working team, fergie finally sent them out to play our game (probably because he had to due to injuries and not many options) but it was completely £#%&!ed up by Scholes, he let the club down tonight.

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I don't know if it's a lack of energy or the fact that we were time-wasting from the start.

I thought it was funny when roma kicked the ball away and then complained about us time-wasting, though.

£#%&! me, we were even backpassing from corners.
That free kick 5 mins from the end on the left, end up trying to pass the ball a cross the back with 2 defenders up front hoping for a ball in, playing for a draw at 2-1 down it seemed.

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Camel

i'd love to argue with jem, but on this occassion he has it spot on.
Closed Thread