United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: who was the best of Freggleson's rivals?
Mourinho 8 9.41%
Wenger 73 85.88%
Mancini 0 0%
Dalglish 1 1.18%
Benítez 1 1.18%
Keegan 0 0%
other (say so) 2 2.35%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 11-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Mr Castro

I reckon Wenger, purely because of how much I loved that rivalry and the hatred us and Arsenal had in the late 90's/early 2000's. I'd love to have that rivalry back, it's much better than the plastic rivalries these days. Not likely though, Arsenal are so powderpuff these days.

Unread 11-05-2013, 09:06 PM
HERTS_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
I reckon Wenger, purely because of how much I loved that rivalry and the hatred us and Arsenal had in the late 90's/early 2000's. I'd love to have that rivalry back, it's much better than the plastic rivalries these days. Not likely though, Arsenal are so powderpuff these days.
If they qualify for the CL this year their income will increase by £130 million per season (new kit deal £6million to £34 million, stadium 7 million to £30 million, shirt sponsor 6 million to £30 million + skys £60 million + Cl money + they've culled half the stadium from emirates for extra sponsors)

They're nearly there, imo

Unread 11-05-2013, 09:09 PM
red in cumbria

Voted for Wenger like most here - but I think there is still an argument that seeing off Mourinho/Abramovich was SAF's greatest achievement

Unread 11-05-2013, 09:10 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Nah. They were shite in Europe.

Very good team, but nowhere near Fergie's three great United sides.
Bullshit

We were the best team in Europe in the first half of that season

The problem was an injury crisis and we didn't have the squad to cope with it
We could have won a treble that season if our best players had remained healthy

Unread 11-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Bullshit

We were the best team in Europe in the first half of that season

The problem was an injury crisis and we didn't have the squad to cope with it
We could have won a treble that season if our best players had remained healthy
I was talking about Arsenal.

Unread 11-05-2013, 09:16 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I was talking about Arsenal.
My bad

Unread 11-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
My bad
I honestly thought you were a deluded Gooner for a second when I read your post.

Unread 11-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Harri Jaffa

Personally I think taking the title off Jose's chelsea was bigger and more difficult than getting it of bobby or arsene

dunno if that means he was the bigger adversary though...

Unread 11-05-2013, 09:48 PM
oldbastard

Come on fellas, bit of a novice at this, how do I get to vote on this poll? Do I have to part with money? (happy to do so btw, top forum)

Love this £#%&!er as well

Unread 11-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Voted for Wenger like most here - but I think there is still an argument that seeing off Mourinho/Abramovich was SAF's greatest achievement
Just about to say he'll have the chance to do it all over again next season

Unread 11-05-2013, 10:08 PM
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbastard
Come on fellas, bit of a novice at this, how do I get to vote on this poll? Do I have to part with money? (happy to do so btw, top forum)

Love this £#%&!er as well
just click the circle beside your choice then click the 'vote now' button

Unread 11-05-2013, 10:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Just about to say he'll have the chance to do it all over again next season
Yeah - its going to take a bit of getting used to, fo sho

Unread 12-05-2013, 12:01 AM
Dr Gonzo

Himself :

He could have had 2 more titles : 94/95 and 2011/12

Unread 12-05-2013, 06:58 AM
Stickman

Wenger we hated more as he upset our apple cart at the time and formed one of the most @#%&!ish 11's ever to grave the Premier League, longevity wise and how the two couldnt tolerate each other means its him if youre going strictly by the term 'foe'

However, Mourinho raised the bar and had it not been for that appointment I highly doubt wed have won 5 titles since. He gave Old Trafford a much needed shake. FFS even when Chelsea were 9 points behind us and Kalou scored that header at Watford everyones arses went. Would never have had the same effect had that been Henry and Arsenal say. Mourinho made them a ridiculous beast albeit brief (3 years tops)

Just look how weve started seasons ever since (07-08 aside but City away was a freak defeat)....

Unread 12-05-2013, 01:47 PM
red in cumbria

Yup, even though Chelski were nowhere near as good in 2006/07 as the previous two seasons they still fought like cornered rats - that struggle for the title was almost scarily intense.

And one that drained both teams - no surprise that the FA cup final was such a damp squib

Unread 12-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

Hitzfeld

Unread 12-05-2013, 01:52 PM
PleaseGodNo

Difficult one!

Wenger and Sir Alex really weren't the best of buds in the late 90's and that filtered thought to the teams and the fans

BUT Chelski and Jose won back to back championships (something wenger didnt do) and Fergie had to rebuild to win it back

I've voted for Jose but like I say it's a difficult one

Unread 12-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

Or a balloon.

Unread 12-05-2013, 02:10 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

has to be pure tbh

but since he isn't on there i voted wenger
best rivalry the premier league saw nqat

Unread 12-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yup, even though Chelski were nowhere near as good in 2006/07 as the previous two seasons they still fought like cornered rats - that struggle for the title was almost scarily intense.

And one that drained both teams - no surprise that the FA cup final was such a damp squib
I think people forget how horrible it was. When we drew with Boro at Old Trafford Chelsea had the chance to bring it to one or 2 points at St James the following day. Had they won that every man and their dog where our supports concerned were almost conceding in their heads. I cheered my nuts off at the final whistle of that match.
Closed Thread