Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:07 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
...and ate and drank too much.

fat £#%&!ing shit, he is.

during the match he moved in from the right, may have been for a free kick [60-odd mins in] and actually looked like he was struggling to muster the energy to run at pace.

say what you want about being broad/bulky - i'm quite stocky - but i don't look like i've been on the piss in Marbella for 3 weeks...
your photos take pounds off you

(had to double take this was El and not Believe)

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:08 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
your photos take pounds off you

(had to double take this was El and not Believe)
i've got a great running shot of me - proper hench.

not posting it on here, though, the moment's gone.

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:10 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Either way he went away with England in the summer, and that's £#%&!ed him up once again wherever it be physically or mentally.
am I going crazy or did he play just two games over the summer. in ukraine. is that really too tasking for a 27 year old athlete?

your argument would have some credit if it were not for the fact that he was £#%&!ed up before the euros

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Coracao

Shite last night and towards the end of the season. Still our most important player though unfortunately.

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:13 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
am I going crazy or did he play just two games over the summer. in ukraine. is that really too tasking for a 27 year old athlete?

your argument would have some credit if it were not for the fact that he was £#%&!ed up before the euros
Yeah he only played 2 games, but usually when he goes away for tournament he comes back looking off the pace and disinterested.

His fitness will come (either way it's a disgrace he's in that condition), but the lack of 1st touch (and 2nd) these days is much more concerning as that's something he's lacked for a while now.

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:13 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Shite last night and towards the end of the season. Still our most important player though unfortunately.
I very much doubt that will be the case with the signings of Van Persie and Kagawa

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:15 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Yeah he only played 2 games, but usually when he goes away for tournament he comes back looking off the pace and disinterested.

His fitness will come (either way it's a disgrace he's in that condition), but the lack of 1st touch (and 2nd) these days is much more concerning as that's something he's lacked for a while now.
he should be back, for the first game of the season, which was a tough one, in peak condition. no excuses, it's not as if he wasn't aware when the £#%&!ing season started.

and even without the fitness issues who looked ropey last night.

no idea what's going on with him.

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:16 AM
BarryX

There's no way he will be sold this season, not a £#%&!ing chance considering the lengths Fergie went to, to keep hold of him (and lets be honest, Fergie is edging ever closer to retirement)....

The question is where and how to play him RVP and Kagawa together. I am just not sure whether it will work - on paper it looks sexy as £#%&!, but Rooney's first touch lets him down down so, so much, so maybe he should be played as an out and out striker, and RVP be played a bit deeper (or even on the left, ala Wellbeck last night).

Hand on heart I would love to see Berbs thrown into the mix with Shinji and RVP. His first touch and link up play is vastly superior to Rooney's (on recent form).

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
I very much doubt that will be the case with the signings of Van Persie and Kagawa
Can agree with that, for probbly the first time since he signed I can imagine us starting big games without him.

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Cream

Slowly but surely morphing into Matt Le Tissier.

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:20 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
Slowly but surely morphing into Matt Le Tissier.
Agreed.

[Presuming you mean Matt Le Tissier in his current physical state as opposed to his condition whilst a professional footballer]

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
he should be back, for the first game of the season, which was a tough one, in peak condition. no excuses, it's not as if he wasn't aware when the £#%&!ing season started.

This.

He just doesn't look arsed, constantly giving up on the ball when in the past tenacity and aggression would have seen him create something or make the oppo make a mistake.

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:21 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He was, I don't think he will be this season and it could go one of two ways for him...he steps his game up like he did when ronaldo and rvn were here or he sees his arse.

He needs to start running at players again, he did it last night and everton shit it. He's a powerful lad and he needs to use that to his advantage.

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Big Norm

Quote:

Think the issue is complacency on his part. He's been virtually undroppable for Utd and England for years now but the more time goes on this is because of reputation rather than form. I am pretty sure he's always been lacklustre in his off-season fitness but he's the wrong side of 25 to get away with that now.

The RVP signing means he's no longer an automatic choice, hopefully, and this may see him dropped for a few games and he'll either knuckle down and sort it or throw a massive hissy fit and £#%&! off next season.

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:23 AM
The Return of JC

Big season. Van P is in now, the big name that was making him question the clubs ambition ... If we can't get a rise out of him, we never will. He's not a kid anymore. Hes in his peak years, hes got things to prove and class players around him. There really are no excuses and with his ability, he should be the best player in the league this season. Another season of half arsedry and I'd happily see him sold next summer.

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Knockers

Said last night it'd make a lot of sense for Chelsea to buy him. I reckon we've had his best years so I wouldn't be too fussed. Can't see it happening, even though it's well known fergie sees his arse with him at least once a season.

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:25 AM
History

The amount of shit rooney get's on here

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
He deserves some of it.

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
is justified.

Unread 21-08-2012, 10:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
is justified.
Not all of it, he scored more than 30 goals last season yet there is a consensus he was shit, which is ridiculous. His general play might not have been great but that's a fantastic return and it's £#%&!ing stupid beyond words to say he was shit.
Closed Thread