United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-03-2007, 09:51 PM
dinger

The left-back is actually right-footed but has always played on the left for Brazil. There was an article in the Guardian about Brazilian 70's full backs making a comeback and both these lads got a mention.

Unread 27-05-2007, 04:16 PM
legendary saf

Fabio and Rafael both scored last night against World Champions Internacional.

Unread 27-05-2007, 04:32 PM
S/Side.Red

According to the club website, the goals against Inter were scored by Thiago Neves, Rafael & Rodrigo Tiuí. That's also a different Rafael, I think.

Unread 27-05-2007, 04:35 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
According to the club website, the goals against Inter were scored by Thiago Neves, Rafael & Rodrigo Tiuí. That's also a different Rafael, I think.
I dunno mate as I didnt watch it, got it from another United forum

http://www.redcafe.net/showthread.php?t=157533

Unread 27-05-2007, 04:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
I dunno mate as I didnt watch it, got it from another United forum

http://www.redcafe.net/showthread.php?t=157533
Just seen the goals and neither player scored in the match. I don't know where that lad watched this game.

Unread 27-05-2007, 04:37 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Just seen the goals and neither player scored in the match. I don't know where that lad watched this game.

Unread 27-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Coracao

I'm still waiting for £#%&!ing Rincon

Unread 27-05-2007, 05:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I'm still waiting for £#%&!ing Rincon

Unread 26-06-2007, 02:21 PM
legendary saf

[SIZE="4"]Brazil win Eight Nations
(FIFA.com) Monday 25 June 2007

South American champions Brazil won the Eight Nations International U-17 Tournament by defeating Nigeria in a penalty shoot-out after Saturday's final had ended in a 2-2 draw.

The Auriverdes took the lead five minutes into the second half when captain Fabio chipped a superb shot into the net with only goalkeeper to beat.

Nigeria fought back with Osanga King's equaliser in the 63rd minute before Chrisantus Macauley made it 2-1 for the Golden Eaglets with only five minutes remaining. Their joy was shortlived, however, as Atila Araujo levelled matters once again in the 88th minute.

The Brazilians soaked up the pressure in extra time and kept their nerve to win 4-3 on penalties.

Brazil qualified for the final by topping their group with two victories over Korea Republic (2-0) and Haiti (4-0), and a draw with Ghana (1-1).

Captain Fabio was arguably the most valuable player of the tournament. The attack-minded left-back stole the show from playmaker Lulinha, as he showed remarkable talent on the ball and a range of accurate passes. He also scored the opening goal in Brazil's first game against the hosts and added another in the final.

Brazil's newly appointed coach, Luiz Antonio Nizzo was satisfied with winning his first tournament in charge of the team. "We've managed to get past strong opponents from all over the world," he said. "Nigeria were physically stronger than ourselves but if we can concentrate on our game and take advantage of our skills like we did today, we will be able to beat anyone in August."

link http://fifa.com/u17worldcup/news/newsid=539137.html

Unread 21-08-2007, 12:40 PM
legendary saf

Fabio just scored his 2nd and 3rd goal of the U17 WC, game is live on fifa.com and eurosport.

Unread 21-08-2007, 12:55 PM
chorleyred

watched the 8-0 demolition of new zealand and both were fantastic. fabio was constantly in the box, obviously after that match his defensiive game wasn't needed so can't comment on that

Unread 21-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Whalefish

Are they defo Utd players? I keep hearing about the left back (winger??) but not much about the other. What's he like?

Can they cut it on a wet Wednesday night in....oh £#%&! it.

Unread 21-08-2007, 01:02 PM
chorleyred

think they are both difinitely signed, but don't join until the end of this season when they are 18, work permits allowing I imagine

Unread 21-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Rhodzy

Welbeck scored 2 for england today

Unread 21-08-2007, 01:05 PM
chorleyred

fabio just had his hat trick chalked off with an offside goal which was debateable.

the whole team looks so good attacking, but the korean keeper looks pub team

Unread 21-08-2007, 01:06 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
think they are both difinitely signed, but don't join until the end of this season when they are 18, work permits allowing I imagine
They have portuguese passports.

Unread 21-08-2007, 01:08 PM
chorleyred

even better

when do they play england in this competition?

Unread 21-08-2007, 01:14 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
even better

when do they play england in this competition?
9am Friday.

Unread 21-08-2007, 01:19 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Fabio just scored his 2nd and 3rd goal of the U17 WC, game is live on fifa.com and eurosport.
fabio is great. wanted to goto korea to watch england v brazil but decided against it as I had work.

rafael looks more like a normal defender where as fabio is just superb going forward. he even dribbles superbly

They will be here next year. only getting held up because of under 18 rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Ae they defo Utd players? I keep hearing about the left back (winger??) but not much about the other. What's he like?

Can they cut it on a wet Wednesday night in....oh £#%&! it.
yes. From what i have seen fabio certainly can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Welbeck scored 2 for england today
Thats great news. from what i have watched reserve and youth games, he can't be arsed sometimes but when he can he is a real handful.

his game reminds me very much of a young ljunberg. fast, tricky and making late runs into box.

Unread 21-08-2007, 01:23 PM
violater

ive seen them both at ot before in united tracksuits so they are definately our players.
Closed Thread