United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2012, 12:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper
He was also up against the League One horror show, Jenkinson, if memory serves? I'm not a Young fan, but I hope he turns out a good signing for us. If only that £18 million had gone on a central midfielder...
I think that is probably the genuine source of my ire, what we could've got with that money, considering what little we appear to have...

Unread 18-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Ginners

started very well, 5 assists and 2 goals in his first 3 games. but since then hasnt scored since and only 1 assist in 600 minutes.

he's a good player, a solid 6/10. but he doesnt really have anything special about him.

Unread 18-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
He was also up against the League One horror show, Jenkinson, if memory serves? I'm not a Young fan, but I hope he turns out a good signing for us. If only that £18 million had gone on a central midfielder...
:everythingeverconcieveableaboutpainmiseryandrepet itionwrappedintoone: gif

Unread 18-01-2012, 02:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
:everythingeverconcieveableaboutpainmiseryandrepet itionwrappedintoone: gif

Like that?

Unread 18-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
started very well, 5 assists and 2 goals in his first 3 games. but since then hasnt scored since and only 1 assist in 600 minutes.

he's a good player, a solid 6/10. but he doesnt really have anything special about him.
Still one more than Downers has had all season and for £2m less. Value.

Unread 18-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Still one more than Downers has had all season and for £2m less. Value.
whilst amusing, doesnt really mean anything. downing would look decent in our side.

Unread 18-01-2012, 02:07 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
whilst amusing, doesnt really mean anything. downing would look decent in our side.

Unread 18-01-2012, 02:09 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
You've a sneaking, in fact not sneaking, rather open admiration for KKkenny's squad Ginners. Bold!

Unread 18-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
You've a sneaking, in fact not sneaking, rather open admiration for KKkenny's squad Ginners. Bold!
i dont think its that bad.

Unread 18-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Like that?
that just about covers it tbf

Unread 18-01-2012, 02:14 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
i dont think its that bad.
and that's fine.

Unread 18-01-2012, 07:21 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Pair of gibbos.

Unread 18-01-2012, 07:26 PM
carlosartorial

I've been underwhelmed so far. Needs time - though not quite sure where he'll fit in come that glorious day when everyone's fit.

Unread 18-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I've been underwhelmed so far. Needs time - though not quite sure where he'll fit in come that glorious day when everyone's fit.
Never going to happen with this squad. The Da Silvas, Owen, and - seemingly - Cleverley are all just a sneeze away from a dislocation.

Unread 18-01-2012, 07:33 PM
taff

don't get why he didn't play on the right more when valencia was out/off-form. for all his claims otherwise he looks pretty one-footed to me, so stuck out on the left he was always going to end up cutting back all game.

bit of a weird signing if he's not going to be a regular. really needs to up his productivity as well; one decent cross and the odd free kick might do at villa, but his final ball has let him down too often so far.

Unread 18-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
don't get why he didn't play on the right more when valencia was out/off-form. for all his claims otherwise he looks pretty one-footed to me, so stuck out on the left he was always going to end up cutting back all game.

bit of a weird signing if he's not going to be a regular. really needs to up his productivity as well; one decent cross and the odd free kick might do at villa, but his final ball has let him down too often so far.
He played on the left most of the time for Villa. It struck me as a strange signing because he's not better than either Nani or Valencia, so then he looks like a squad player bought for £18 million when we were desperate for a central midfielder.

But I suppose the fact he's quick, effective in the counter-attacking environment of the Premiership, and being 'versatile' were factors in signing him.

Unread 18-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Pop

£#%&! him. Ship him out this week. Might get £2m from the likes of Fulham for the peanut-headed barstard.

Unread 18-01-2012, 07:56 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
He played on the left most of the time for Villa. It struck me as a strange signing because he's not better than either Nani or Valencia, so then he looks like a squad player bought for £18 million when we were desperate for a central midfielder.

But I suppose the fact he's quick, effective in the counter-attacking environment of the Premiership, and being 'versatile' were factors in signing him.
he played through the middle or just behind the main striker for England maybe that's why we bought him

Unread 18-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
he played through the middle or just behind the main striker for England maybe that's why we bought him
Yeah, because he's better than Wayne Rooney who occupies that position.

Unread 18-01-2012, 08:03 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Yeah, because he's better than Wayne Rooney who occupies that position.
think the might have just hinted at my sarcasm
Closed Thread