United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-07-2009, 04:08 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i don't think arsenal will miss adebayor at all. if eduardo keeps fit they'll be fine up front. toure will be a big loss, though, and they'll struggle to find a really good replacement.
yeah but he probably wont stay fit,

theyll miss him because their other options are eduardo, van persie and bentdner.

two of which have terrible injury records and one is a £#%&!ing donkey

Unread 28-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
yeah but he probably wont stay fit,

theyll miss him because their other options are eduardo, van persie and bentdner.

two of which have terrible injury records and one is a £#%&!ing donkey
eduardo nearly lost his leg, its not exactly a recurring injury. also vela will play a lot more this year, he's gonna be class.

Unread 28-07-2009, 04:10 PM
dunk

Arsenal will be fine.

Bendtner will be an adequate replacement for Adebayor in terms of presence and will allow for rotation of strikers. Bendtner, Van Persie, Eduardo and Vela, backed up by a few youngsters.

As mentioned, they are more than covered at CB and Toure was struggling to get games at points last season, Djourou, Vermaelen, Gallas, Senderos, Silvestre, Song.

The midfield is strong, although possibly missing a Gilberto type figure, but they have plenty of creativity.

I think they won't be far off the top tbh.

Unread 28-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Coracao

They will probably miss Adebayor in the European games and games where they go with 1 up top.

Van Persie and Eduardo aren't leaders of the line, and I don't rate Bender.

Unread 28-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
They will probably miss Adebayor in the European games and games where they go with 1 up top.

Van Persie and Eduardo aren't leaders of the line, and I don't rate Bender.
I heard recently that Milan were interested in Bendtner. I just don't get it, he's shocking. He can head the ball and that is about it. I read an interview by him a few months ago saying how he is going to step it up to become one of the best in the world. That's a big £#%&!ing step if you ask me because at the moment, he's Birmingham standard.

Unread 28-07-2009, 04:17 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
eduardo nearly lost his leg, its not exactly a recurring injury. also vela will play a lot more this year, he's gonna be class.
is he a striker? Thought he was more a midfielder/forward in the rosicky/nasri role.

Unread 28-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
is he a striker? Thought he was more a midfielder/forward in the rosicky/nasri role.
no you moron, he's a striker.

Unread 28-07-2009, 04:19 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
I heard recently that Milan were interested in Bendtner. I just don't get it, he's shocking. He can head the ball and that is about it. I read an interview by him a few months ago saying how he is going to step it up to become one of the best in the world. That's a big £#%&!ing step if you ask me because at the moment, he's Birmingham standard.
bretner is a good player.

always rated him. only 21 as well. alot of time to improve.

Unread 28-07-2009, 04:19 PM
silv

Quote:
no you moron, he's a striker.
alright, you @#%&!, chill.

Unread 28-07-2009, 04:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
He's not. His finishing was poor last season, but he is a right handful size wise, holds the ball up well and links up well, plus he is young.

He's going to be a very good striker.

Wenger would have let him go by now if he wasn't.

Unread 28-07-2009, 04:38 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
bretner is a good player. always rated him. only 21 as well. alot of time to improve.
You do realise he is a 'lighty'?

Unread 28-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Vela and Arshavin are cracking players.

Adebayor is a £#%&!ing hat stand. wtf is he thinking going to the liars?

Unread 28-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Gazw649

Quote:
i dont think arsene will spend even half of it, he'll probably try and sign a holding midfielder on the cheap and that will be it.
WE should have this policy

Unread 28-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazw649
WE should have this policy
we do?

Unread 28-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I don't see who they are going to bring in personally. What is the incentive of going there? I can't see them challenging for quite some time with the way things currently are. They have been weakened from last season and they should have lost 4th place then if Villa hadn't have completely bottled it.
Why did Arshavin go there?

Why did van Persie re-sign?

They are a big club, in London, 60,000 stadium, have had Henry, Bergkamp etc there in recent times, Wenger is hugely respected & they play good football, in the CL semi's (battered, obviously ) etc etc

They only need to attract the right kind of player, or produce them. Their full backs are a case in point, Nasri & Rosicky as well. Development at the right age, you can go on to better things (unless your name is Adebayor) & be richly rewarded while doing so. They pay good money Arsenal, massive wage bill.

Villa never bottled anything, they had a tiny squad that ran out of legs & form. They, Everton & City will all still struggle to get any closer next season. The top 4 will stay the same, and Arsenal will surprise a few - they have consistency & talent, bags more than most in the league. They'll still win £#%&! all, except maybe a domestic cup, but that's fine with me ffs. I can appreciate a side playing good football, they just don't know that they need some %@#$&!s to go with it to reach a level of winning leagues etc.

Unread 28-07-2009, 06:51 PM
LaPaz

Aren't Arsenal interested in Brede Hangeland from Fulham as a replacement for Toure?

Unread 28-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
Aren't Arsenal interested in Brede Hangeland from Fulham as a replacement for Toure?
Him, Huntelaar and some French based central midfielder according to the papers.

Kalou has also been mentioned.

Think the latter would be a very good signing.

Unread 28-07-2009, 08:26 PM
£#%&! KFC

think it's very premature to write Arsenal off...Toure has been shite since he got malaria, tough on him and all that but been a shadow of the player he was and he wasn't even that good before great bit of business by WEnger getting £16million for him

Vermaelen looks a far better player but obviously he needs to settle into English football , as for Adebayor he wasn't interested last season and their fans hated him so again it's good business but only IF they buy 2 or three quality players but still think they will finish above the Divs and possibly the vermin depending on who he signs....but he won't need to sell Fabregas now

Unread 28-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Sandman

I think Arsenal will be our closest challengers this season, they were starting to look very good again towards the end of last season. And they've got some very good players coming back to fitness as well.

Unread 28-07-2009, 08:38 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I think Arsenal will be our closest challengers this season, they were starting to look very good again towards the end of last season. And they've got some very good players coming back to fitness as well.
Jack Wilshere will win his first England cap next season. YHIHF.
Closed Thread