United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-05-2009, 10:38 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
I would love to see Fabio make it, but just can't see him getting a run of games at left back whilst Paddy is around/uninjured.
How about at left wing?

Unread 19-05-2009, 10:41 AM
BarryX

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
If Tosic can play left wing, Nani right side, we can stick Ronnie through the middle & there will be no need for a striker in the Summer...
Yup. I'd also be very interested to see if young Fabio could do a job out on left midfield/wing. The amount of goals he has scored from left back in his young career, and the skill he seemingly posseses indicates that he could (although whether at this level remains to be seen).

Unread 19-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Rhodzy

Fabio has enough quality to play centre midfield.

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Coracao

Welbeck.

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
anderson had quite a difficult second season but has really come on strong in the last couple of months. hopefully next year he'll be a regular starter and really push on.

of the rest i expect welbeck to make the fourth striker position his own. fabulous potential and seems to have a great attitude as well.
Saying that, i thought he was shite against Wigan!

Unread 19-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Part 36 Offer

Evans is going to world class.

For a 21 year to be so good at centre back it almost defies belief.

Unread 19-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Evans is going to world class.

For a 21 year to be so good at centre back it almost defies belief.
Id almost forgot to include Evans, since i think hes earned his spot in the team now.

This must be the first season in ages where realistically we dont NEED to sign anyone. If we do its just being greedy, no need for Valencia at all. obviously a big name signing is always welcome, and maybe an experienced playmaker on the cheap who can come in and change games when Scholes isnt available, but all Anderson needs is a goal and i think he'll be awesome.

Unread 19-05-2009, 04:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Id almost forgot to include Evans, since i think hes earned his spot in the team now.

This must be the first season in ages where realistically we dont NEED to sign anyone. If we do its just being greedy, no need for Valencia at all. obviously a big name signing is always welcome, and maybe an experienced playmaker on the cheap who can come in and change games when Scholes isnt available, but all Anderson needs is a goal and i think he'll be awesome.
Possibly. Although I can't help but feel our midfield lacks something now Scholes is fast becoming a shadow of his former self. Something I don't think anyone at the club currently can bring. I am hoping that Ljajic will be the man, but I think he will be starting as a wide player.

Unread 19-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Possibly. Although I can't help but feel our midfield lacks something now Scholes is fast becoming a shadow of his former self. Something I don't think anyone at the club currently can bring. I am hoping that Ljajic will be the man, but I think he will be starting as a wide player.
Worth remembering Hargreaves is back next season too.

Unread 19-05-2009, 04:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Worth remembering Hargreaves is back next season too.
Yep. Still doesn't bring what Scholes in his prime did, IMO.

Unread 19-05-2009, 04:49 PM
dodger

Quote:
Not many do though. We've been spoiled in that regard

Unread 19-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Coracao

3 named in Under 19 qualifiers, potential tournament this summer if we get through.

http://www.thefa.com/England/MensUnd...ad_110509.aspx

Unread 19-05-2009, 04:58 PM
armchair

Think the original list should've omitted Ando tbh. He will improve but he's already established himself whereas the others haven't.

It's some list in any case!

Unread 19-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Aye but if we are gonna play 3 centrally of Anderson, Hargreaves, Fletcher and Carrick I would really like to see Carrick more advanced as he could easily be getting 10-15 a year imo. If Anderson ever scores and settles infront of the goal there's no reason he couldn't do the same. The by the time Hargreaves knees have worn down to nothing Matt James could be pushing for a place. Can se Carrick having quite a long career due to his style of play too.
Closed Thread