United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-05-2009, 05:29 PM
BarryX

Taller people (i.e those with longer legs) have longer strides, and can move their legs slower, using less energy, to cover the same distances as shorter people (who tend to have shorter legs). A person with a shorter stride must use a whole lot more energy to cover the same distances...

Unread 18-05-2009, 05:30 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
Taller people (i.e those with longer legs) have longer strides, and can move their legs slower, using less energy, to cover the same distances as shorter people (who tend to have shorter legs). A person with a shorter stride must use a whole lot more energy to cover the same distances...
what does this have to do with distance covered?

Unread 18-05-2009, 05:32 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
correct.

carrick everytime for united.

fabregas for arsenal

ballack for chelsea.

funnily enough and through gritted teeth berbatov covers as much if not more ground that rooney.
I would day Berbie too. Never stops. Watched him one day complete 180 laps of the centre circle. Complete laps as well - never stopped.

Unread 18-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Grimson

Quote:
its not added up for the whole season. (do you have a brain?)

arsenal (h) for example.

fabregas - 8 miles.
carrick 7.42 miles
fletcher 7.35 miles
oshea 6.7miles
evra 5.9 miles
diaby - 7.6 miles
Keep in mind that doesn't differentiate the pace with which the players cover those distances.

Evra looks as if he covers more ground than O'Shea because he's more explosive, so when he bombs forward, it's easy to notice. Same with Essien rampaging from box to box. If someone like O'Shea or Ballack is continually cruising around, it isn't as easy to notice, but the miles add up.

Unread 18-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Part 36 Offer

I love the way Rio is always at the bottom, doesn't need to run

Unread 18-05-2009, 05:39 PM
BarryX

Quote:
what does this have to do with distance covered?
legs, muscles, their use of in propulsion and energy consumed, when comparing variable sizes. thought it was was a relevant comment.

Unread 18-05-2009, 05:40 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
legs, muscles, their use of in propulsion and energy consumed, when comparing variable sizes. thought it was was a relevant comment.
well it isnt. sorry.

Unread 18-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Keep in mind that doesn't differentiate the pace with which the players cover those distances.

Evra looks as if he covers more ground than O'Shea because he's more explosive, so when he bombs forward, it's easy to notice. Same with Essien rampaging from box to box. If someone like O'Shea or Ballack is continually cruising around, it isn't as easy to notice, but the miles add up.

Yep, completely different kinds of fitness. Ronaldo's run are mostly at full speed so his heart rate is really high for a few seconds then really low for a while, Carrick's is often at a constant rate so he can sustain it for longer

Grimson

Also, if I'm not mistaken, these distances include walking. Everybody walks quite a lot in a match.

marlo

anyone bored and want to look at all the stats from every ecl game played this season including the group games....

http://www1.uefa.com/live/competitio...=-1/index.html

tells you most stats....

Unread 18-05-2009, 05:44 PM
BarryX

Quote:
well it isnt. sorry.
yes it is, when you throw in your element of surprise comment.

Unread 18-05-2009, 06:03 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Also, if I'm not mistaken, these distances include walking. Everybody walks quite a lot in a match.
£#%&!ing goalkeepers

Unread 18-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
£#%&!ing goalkeepers
I think people would be quite surprised if they looked at the stats for how much ground keepers cover. I bet there are games where VDS has covered nearly as much as Rio.

Unread 18-05-2009, 06:09 PM
borsuk

Quote:
I think people would be quite surprised if they looked at the stats for how much ground keepers cover. I bet there are games where VDS has covered nearly as much as Rio.
tbph there are games where i've covered as much ground as rio and i'm just popping to the fridge and back a couple of times.

Unread 18-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Yeah, because he's just been walking around cause he's had £#%&! all else to do

Unread 18-05-2009, 06:10 PM
marlo

lehman used to be the best at that.

doing little sprint drills and stretching all the time during games.

Unread 18-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Ether

Who covers the most ground in the whole league?

Unread 18-05-2009, 06:12 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
we will have to bring in a stat big boy for that.

aint seen 'sers' around for a few days.

Unread 18-05-2009, 06:14 PM
borsuk

Quote:
andy reid, if you count his shadow as well.

Unread 18-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Tevez.
Closed Thread