Unread 21-04-2009, 10:12 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:12 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Oh great. Another thread opened, another thread slagging Berbatov.

[SIZE="7"]BORING @#%&!S

Ste, it was said tongue in cheek ffs.

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Tiberian

Arshavin is quality, 2 good feet, quick, very good appreciation of a pass, superb technique in tight areas, and can finish. Why did it take him so long to alert the major leagues to his ability. He is 27 now, looks an outstanding attacking player, a late developer perhaps.

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:14 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Ste, it was said tongue in cheek ffs.
Like every other thread on here over the last few days?

You all should start your own group where you can slag Berbatov until your hearts content. I'm £#%&!ing fed up of reading the same shite in almost every £#%&!ing thread, tongue in cheek or not.

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:15 PM
koppas

Quote:

You all should start your own group where you can slag Berbatov until your hearts content. I'm £#%&!ing fed up of reading the same shite in almost every £#%&!ing thread, tongue in cheek or not.
We can't all be wrong.

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:16 PM
wiganste

Quote:
We can't all be wrong.
Start a group then

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Tumescent Throb

Talking

i saw that then

"was it like basketball?"

clueless £#%&!ing #@&%!heads

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Arshavin is quality, 2 good feet, quick, very good appreciation of a pass, superb technique in tight areas, and can finish. Why did it take him so long to alert the major leagues to his ability. He is 27 now, looks an outstanding attacking player, a late developer perhaps.
He's hardly been a secret. Been known for a while although a late developer seems apt. A move was always tricky for two reasons the money he'd cost and his wages. Was on very good money at Zenit. He didn't seem that desperate for a move until recently either.

I think he's a wonderful player. There was a comment from Wenger during the Euros which suggested he wasn't sure he could handle the pace and physical nature of the PL - the games come thick and fast and wondered if he could take it. I'm kind of glad he took the gamble though, suited to their style of football.

I'm pleased he's cup tied in Europe.

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:19 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
He wasn't even in the Russia squad for Euro 2004, so perhaps he was a bit of a late developer. He was voted domestic Player of the Year in 2006, but it did seem to take a long time (probably last year) for him to catch the eye outisde Russia.

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:20 PM
marlo

anfield.
4 attempts
4 on target
4 goals

arshavin

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Yep. His first touch is outstanding, he made the 3rd and 4th goals look easy but they were both made by great first touches.

We should have enough to beat Arsenal over two legs, I think are ball retention and freshness will play a significant part.

Quote:

Spot on, tongue in cheek or not, it's getting £#%&!ing silly now.

They must even be boring themselves by now with the same old regurgetated shit.

Give it a £#%&!ing rest.

koppas

Quote:
Start a group then
Done.

Wanna invite?

Raging Pig

Thumbs up

Fourth goal was an incredible hit. Dodged a bullet with him being out for the CL

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He's hardly been a secret. Been known for a while although a late developer seems apt. A move was always tricky for two reasons the money he'd cost and his wages. Was on very good money at Zenit. He didn't seem that desperate for a move until recently either.

I think he's a wonderful player. There was a comment from Wenger during the Euros which suggested he wasn't sure he could handle the pace and physical nature of the PL - the games come thick and fast and wondered if he could take it. I'm kind of glad he took the gamble though, suited to their style of football.

I'm pleased he's cup tied in Europe.

There's always been big doubts over his attitude and, in particular, his consistency.

Supremely gifted player, though.

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Yep. His first touch is outstanding, he made the 3rd and 4th goals look easy but they were both made by great first touches.

We should have enough to beat Arsenal over two legs, I think are ball retention and freshness will play a significant part.
Arsenal will cause us problems especially if we stand off and let them play. Their movement and passing in the final third is outstanding, the man on the ball has a lot of options, they have runners from deep and players who can pick a pass.

The formula for success against Arsenal has not changed, physical pressure, high tempo, bully them to an extent. Engage them in a pure football match and they can beat anyone.

Missing Arshavin, but Van Persie and Abebayor will be back. I would be looking to play Rooney right up top in that match, see if he can replicate the performance he put in the FA Cup match last year when he tortured with his movement and power.

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:32 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Arsenal will cause us problems especially if we stand off and let them play. Their movement and passing in the final third is outstanding, the man on the ball has a lot of options, they have runners from deep and players who can pick a pass.

The formula for success against Arsenal has not changed, physical pressure, high tempo, bully them to an extent. Engage them in a pure football match and they can beat anyone.

Missing Arshavin, but Van Persie and Abebayor will be back. I would be looking to play Rooney right up top in that match, see if he can replicate the performance he put in the FA Cup match last year when he tortured with his movement and power.

We just need to watch out for their quick passing from the half way line to the penalty area. When they get it right, they can be devastating.

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:36 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Oh great. Another thread opened, another thread slagging Berbatov.

[SIZE="7"]BORING @#%&!S
Shurrup Ste, he's shit and you know it !...Never once have you picked to play him on Fred UTD 10v Fifa

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:40 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Shurrup Ste, he's shit and you know it !...Never once have you picked to play him on Fred UTD 10v Fifa
Mark my words. He'll get the winning goal in this seasons European Cup Final

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:41 PM
koppas

Quote:
I bet you £100 he doesn't.

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:42 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Wont make him unshit.

Will be great but he'l still be shit unless he starts playing like a footballer and not a " wiggle wiggle pass sideways " @#%&!
Closed Thread