United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no. this thread is 100% @#%&!ish, I agree. I wish I could have stopped myself. then again, a few of the recent posts regarding my supreme knowledge of football have been a little ill-advised, too.

Seldom have I seen such utter, utter shit posted by someone other than Marlo.

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:06 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he was going down before there was any contact. he dived. whether it was a penalty or not is open to debate, but gerrard did not make the most of it... he made it.

no. this thread is 100% @#%&!ish, I agree. I wish I could have stopped myself. then again, a few of the recent posts regarding my supreme knowledge of football have been a little ill-advised, too.
Evra went for the ball, missed it and caught Gerrard's foot. Penalty.

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
Evra went for the ball, missed it and caught Gerrard's foot. Penalty.
Yep. Gerrard knew it was going to happen and was on his way down before Evra made the tackle though.

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Zorg

Erm, sorry lads but it was the most blatant penalty you could ever wish to see.

Evra got nowhere near the ball. Absolutely nowhere near.

ffs !

Unread 14-03-2009, 07:44 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if over the last couple of weeks I have given the impression that we have looked shaky at the back and had been lucky the opposition weren't taking their chances.

if I have suggested that our midfield is not capable of controlling a game.

I was wrong. I should have shown a little more belief in fergie and our boys. there is probably nothing worse than being smug about it after the potential whipping became a reality in the most horrible way imaginable.

therefore, I would like you to know that I am not smug. I'm hurting too, you know.
i take it back, jem. i should have listened to you, really. all those times you were saying nemanja was a liability who should be dropped. yup, you certainly saw that one coming.

it was individual mistakes that cost us, not collective defending.

still, if trying to find a way to big yourself up is your idea of a good thing to do after watching that, you be my guest.

:shakehead:

Unread 14-03-2009, 08:50 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i take it back, jem. i should have listened to you, really. all those times you were saying nemanja was a liability who should be dropped. yup, you certainly saw that one coming.

it was individual mistakes that cost us, not collective defending.

still, if trying to find a way to big yourself up is your idea of a good thing to do after watching that, you be my guest.

:shakehead:
no, I was just being a @#%&!.

that said, it has been individual mistakes that have made our defence look shaky recently.

vidic is always an accident waiting to happen and always has been. ;0)

Unread 14-03-2009, 09:16 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

that said, it has been individual mistakes that have made our defence look shaky recently.

fair enough

vidic and rio have both made a fair few mistakes over the last few games, it's true. evra has also been shakey. i think it would be good for evans and fabio to get a game or two to give them a bit of a rest - though that would have been easier with a ten- than a four-point lead...

Unread 15-03-2009, 01:52 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he was going down before there was any contact. he dived. whether it was a penalty or not is open to debate, but gerrard did not make the most of it... he made it.

no it's not. it was a penalty. a ridiculous challenge to make. gerrard would have dived, but he didn't need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

all defenders are - it's in the nature of the game. someone has to £#%&! up somewhere for a goal to be scored. the thing with vidic is you'll wait longer in between the inevitable mistakes.

Unread 15-03-2009, 01:59 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Seldom have I seen such utter, utter shit posted by someone other than Marlo.

although you're clearly forgetting sniffer, pure, dakpul and koppas

Unread 15-03-2009, 09:35 AM
plopborsky

this type of look at me thread is of marlo standards but without the links of fit birds.

Its the end of the world as we know it

Unread 15-03-2009, 11:20 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
this type of look at me thread is of marlo standards but without the links of fit birds.

Its the end of the world as we know it
fair comment.

Unread 15-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Smeggs

no need for smugness after that result.
Closed Thread