United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-03-2009, 05:59 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizza Jazza
We're gonna do a Roma job and @#%&! Inter 7-0

Jose deserves a bloody nose from Sir to show him whos the boss !

Wednesday is the day he gets it !
What we'd all give for that but it's the stuff of dreams.

I agree with the wizard, They'll come and sit with 9 men behind the ball and play for penalties, while all the time trying to nick a goal on the counter.

Unless we score early It'll be a nervy night i fear, but i think we'll come through 2-1

The vermin game should be fun, they have to go for the win, that means they may go against type and be more attacking, in which case unless utd have a really bad day defensively, utd will come through 3-1.

Unread 09-03-2009, 06:01 PM
ScarFace

Aslong as we get past Inter, i can take any scouse result as that can be corrected.

Unread 09-03-2009, 06:03 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
What we'd all give for that but it's the stuff of dreams.

I agree with the wizard, They'll come and sit with 9 men behind the ball and play for penalties, while all the time trying to nick a goal on the counter.

Unless we score early It'll be a nervy night i fear, but i think we'll come through 2-1

The vermin game should be fun, they have to go for the win, that means they may go against type and be more attacking, in which case unless utd have a really bad day defensively, utd will come through 3-1.
The vermin will come and play defensively. That's what Manuel loves to do. He SHOULD come and try to win, but he will send out a team with one up front, hoping, just hoping, that he nicks a win.

Unread 09-03-2009, 06:04 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
The vermin will come and play defensively. That's what Manuel loves to do. He SHOULD come and try to win, but he will send out a team with one up front, hoping, just hoping, that he nicks a win.
Correct. They know they can't take the game to United because they will be out of it by half time. They'll be as cautious as Inter on Weds night, hoping to nick a late goal

Unread 09-03-2009, 06:05 PM
The Mull

We need to score at least 2 on Weds. and we will

The dippers need to win, so they'll play there normal shit back and play on the counter. I hope we tear them a new one.

Early goals in both games will settle the old twitchy bum.

Unread 09-03-2009, 06:09 PM
wee man

My worry is if we don't get past Inter it could have a mental effect on the players for Saturdays game - especially being holders.

Unread 09-03-2009, 06:13 PM
FraUtd

I'm adopting Sparky levels of pessimism, just so I'm prepared for the worst case scenario.

Now I realise even Sparky reckons we'll win one, so I'm beyond Sparky in doomlordery levels, £#%&! that's depressing

Unread 09-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

i would like to point out that both Inter and Liverpool could in fact win at Old Trafford if they play at the top of their games even if United are bang on blob as well because then it is only very small details that decide matches. i remember out-playing the vermin at Anfield and still being 3-0 down at half-time ffs

as some drunk old genius once said it's a funny old game

if that did happen then the CL would be £#%&!ed

therefore it is by far the bigger game of the two

Unread 09-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraUtd
I'm adopting Sparky levels of pessimism, just so I'm prepared for the worst case scenario.

Now I realise even Sparky reckons we'll win one, so I'm beyond Sparky in doomlordery levels, £#%&! that's depressing
I don't know where I get this reputation as a doomlord from.

Unread 09-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Stickman

3-1 v Inter

3-0 again v the Vermin

good times

Unread 09-03-2009, 08:00 PM
red @rmy

both games will end 7-3.

Just whacked a tenner on it.

Unread 09-03-2009, 08:01 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
both games will end 7-3.

Just whacked a tenner on it.
@rsey have you been drinking?

Unread 09-03-2009, 08:06 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
@rsey have you been drinking?
I was being facetious, I cannot call either of these results.

Unread 09-03-2009, 08:06 PM
MJ Ramone

I'd swim through a mile of cat piss for 2 wins.
Liverpool at home is my least favourite fixture in the calendar. I absolutely hate it. Just thinking about it puts a fear of dread into the pit of my stomach.
We've turned them over so often at OT in recent years that I'm paranoid to £#%&! that run could come to an end sooner or later (although a draw against the @#%&!s wouldn't be that bad a result - although Chelsea would get a lift)

If Inter Milan play anything like they did at the San Siro I think we'll £#%&!ing cane them...but I sense a cagey 0-0 going into the last 15mins or so.

If we win our next 2 games it'll be £#%&!ing bliss. The League will be essentially 'in the bag' & we'll be flying in Europe too.
Just feels a bit too good to be true to expect things to keep running so smoothly

Unread 09-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the liverpool result is irrelevant to our season.

I think we'll beat liverpool whatever, because they are shit. I worry that mourinho will find a way to scab a result because (a) he just does somehow and (b) inter have players who can play well for five seconds - which might be enough if they do it against us instead of being total £#%&!ing non-entities (which the percentages suggest they will be).

if we thrash inter, it will send a message. if we thrash liverpool, everyone already knows they're shit.
My thoughts exactly. Very nervous about Wednesday. We are miles ahead of everyone in Europe, but Maureen is a @#%&! and I can see him fluking a result.

Unread 09-03-2009, 09:01 PM
The Return of JC

Inter is far far far more important. Only silly, stupid pride could make you think otherwise.

Unread 09-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

i can see us going behind in both games

but winning both as well

Unread 09-03-2009, 09:19 PM
WarwickRoad

I don't get all this "Maureen will do this ...", "José is a that...", "Mourinho always manages to ..." %@#$&!s. He is not God; he is not Lucifer; he is not even Gabriel. He is a decent manager, with a decent team, and a nice coat and scarf combo.

Inter/Jose and Liverpool/Benitez will be absolutely shitting it.

We will win both.

Unread 09-03-2009, 09:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Inter is far far far more important. Only silly, stupid pride could make you think otherwise.
Agreed. The murderers could beat us 7-0 on Saturday and they still wouldn't be good enough to sustain a league challenge. It'll take a hell of a lot more than a poor result against them for us to lose the league. Going out of the European Cup this early is just unthinkable.

Unread 09-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Coracao

3 nil vs Inter
2 nil vs Dippers
Closed Thread