United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
But it's not very often they do.
true, but they showed they can play like that. i think they will kick on from this, now they have nothing but the league to concentrate on.

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:02 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What is the script with Ledley King?

He disappears for weeks/months on end, his career in doubt, then turns up and puts in a superb display, playing the full 120 minutes of a cup final, and will now probably disappear again.
He can't train and can't play 2 games in a row due to injury.

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:03 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
yup, when you think they were missing 4 regulars as well. if they play like that theyll do very well.
brilliant team.

there was nothing between the teams and were were only missing maybe rooney and carrick.

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He can't train and can't play 2 games in a row due to injury.
Hmmm, but why? Is it his knee's? Can't they be repaired in any way?

It's a shame, he's a quality player.

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:06 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
brilliant team.

there was nothing between the teams and were were only missing maybe rooney and carrick.
and Berbatov of course, oh wait, I get you.

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Ginners

one thing i think came out of that game, gibson isnt ready and doesnt show any signs of being ready for big games. bar a couple of nice passes/interceptions he was dreadful

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Whalefish

Yet it required Zakora and Jenas to run about like loons for most of the game in an effort to contain a fairly slow midfield pairing. Which they didn't manage to do for most of it, bar a spell in the first half.

I don't rate the lad that highly but he did ok.

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:12 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
and Berbatov of course, oh wait, I get you.
Not to mention Vidic, Neville, Brown, Park, Rafael, Fletcher and Giggs

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:13 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Yet it required Zakora and Jenas to run about like loons for most of the game in an effort to contain a fairly slow midfield pairing. Which they didn't manage to do for most of it, bar a spell in the first half.

I don't rate the lad that highly but he did ok.
I think our issiues were mainly down to a lack of ability to keep the ball up front to be honest. Think Gibson was average.

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Withers

Thumbs up

Quote:
brilliant team.

I'm looking forward to the three day sulk when Carrick and Ether get here.

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
I think our issiues were mainly down to a lack of ability to keep the ball up front to be honest. Think Gibson was average.
Probably true. Not much stuck and our main attacking threat(s) were Ronaldo and Nani cutting inside.

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:16 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
I'm looking forward to the three day sulk when Carrick and Ether get here.
i never sulk.

the forum was turning on me with tt and co calling for me to be banned so i took a step back also had family problems

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:18 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
i never sulk.

the forum was turning on me with tt and co calling for me to be banned so i took a step back also had family problems
You ran away.

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Pop

Happens to the best of them. How many times in the past has Ashly Cole handed Ronnie his arse on a plate?

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Probably true. Not much stuck and our main attacking threat(s) were Ronaldo and Nani cutting inside.
Yeah, with Tevez having a poor game and Welbeck looking a bit out of his depth we just couldn't get any flow to our game.

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Happens to the best of them. How many times in the past has Ashly Cole handed Ronnie his arse on a plate?
Less than is said.

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Withers

Quote:
i never sulk.

Stay strong marlo.

Not sure I would have come back and deleted my blog and signatures if I was taking a step back though.

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:22 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
i never sulk.

you £#%&!ing bottled it more like

Quote:
You ran away.

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Only wide player in the PL to really trouble Evra. As Marlo said, not for the first time it's happened either.

Thought Modric had a decent game too.

Bentley is £#%&!.

I thought Modric was their best player yesterday, wasted in that team imo.

Unread 02-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
I thought Modric was their best player yesterday, wasted in that team imo.
There was a report in one of the rags yesterday which claimed Harry was going to sell him in the Summer.
Closed Thread