United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-02-2009, 01:40 AM
koppas

100\1 to go rest of the season without conceding. Get on it.

Unread 21-02-2009, 01:43 AM
jem

Default every time derby crossed

they had a man free in the middle or at the back post.

zamora easily won a header against ferdinand that went just wide with edwin nowhere near. the one he poked across the goal (when edwin pulled a silly face into the camera), he wasn't even in the same post code.

I don't know how the £#%&! we haven't conceded in 14 league games, but it is not because no one has had a sniff. it is distracting, though. you'd better believe teams can score against us.

I think the inter game could be tough. I honestly think our form is poor. watching the world club final the other night, we were superb. we don't look like that at the moment, we're just doing enough. we need to change gear. I'd like to see it tomorrow rather than wonder if we can do it on tuesday.

Unread 21-02-2009, 01:52 AM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
they had a man free in the middle or at the back post.

zamora easily won a header against ferdinand that went just wide with edwin nowhere near. the one he poked across the goal (when edwin pulled a silly face into the camera), he wasn't even in the same post code.

I don't know how the £#%&! we haven't conceded in 14 league games, but it is not because no one has had a sniff. it is distracting, though. you'd better believe teams can score against us.

I think the inter game could be tough. I honestly think our form is poor. watching the world club final the other night, we were superb. we don't look like that at the moment, we're just doing enough. we need to change gear. I'd like to see it tomorrow rather than wonder if we can do it on tuesday.

we won 4-1 at Derby it was 4 going on 10

and despite the fact Fulham rolled over some of our football on Wednesday was the best we've played for a while

very poor wum

Unread 21-02-2009, 01:54 AM
Camel

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
i might be wrong but it's 9 wins out of 9 in the league and 14 clean sheets...can't wait to we start playing well

www.fredtissue.com awaits

Unread 21-02-2009, 01:56 AM
gbmufc

There isnt a team left that can come near us in the Prem. I am predicting 4 goals tomorrow. We are ready to explode!

Unread 21-02-2009, 01:57 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
cheers Cammers

bet Forzagarza shot his load when he saw that pic

I £#%&!ing hate £#%&!ing mayo£#%&!ingnaise though ruins the Zinger

Unread 21-02-2009, 01:58 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
There isnt a team left that can come near us in the Prem. I am predicting 4 goals tomorrow. We are ready to explode!
no no we're shit Jem says so

Unread 21-02-2009, 02:00 AM
jem

Quote:

we won 4-1 at Derby it was 4 going on 10

and despite the fact Fulham rolled over some of our football on Wednesday was the best we've played for a while

very poor wum
it's not a £#%&!ing wum.

bloody hell. I think you people saying we're playing well are the ones on a wind-up.

there is only one team that can beat united, as usual. and that's united.

derby might only have scored one, but that's because they missed a couple of sitters. that's rather my point. we are giving up loads of chances, but incompetent £#%&!wits aren't taking them. our defence is hardly impregnable.

I just can't believe we keep winning and it worries me that we will get dumped out of europe by one sloppy performance. say... for the sake of argument.... one without vidic.

Unread 21-02-2009, 02:07 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I just can't believe we keep winning and it worries me that we will get dumped out of europe by one sloppy performance. say... for the sake of argument.... one without vidic.
It's a good point. In 2000 & 2001, we weren't really pushed domestically, meaning we struggled to raise our game in Europe. Look how comfortably Bayern dispatched us in 2001.

I'm not suggesting that the League is piss easy this season (it isn't), but it does concern me that we haven't raised our level for some time (if at all) in the League this season. We'll have to be at our very best against Inter - we haven't been so far domestically and it might tell against the Italians. Their whole season hinges on winning the European Cup and I expect them to be very tough.

Of course, I'm a doomlord and always expect the worst

Unread 21-02-2009, 02:09 AM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
It's a good point. In 2000 & 2001, we weren't really pushed domestically, meaning we struggled to raise our game in Europe. Look how comfortably Bayern dispatched us in 2001.

I'm not suggesting that the League is piss easy this season (it isn't), but it does concern me that we haven't raised our level for some time (if at all) in the League this season. We'll have to be at our very best against Inter - we haven't been so far domestically and it might tell against the Italians. Their whole season hinges on winning the European Cup and I expect them to be very tough.

Of course, I'm a doomlord and always expect the worst

you're right....look at how well Inter have done in Europe in the last few years compared to United

Unread 21-02-2009, 02:15 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
you're right....look at how well Inter have done in Europe in the last few years compared to United

Inter really used to bottle it at the KO stage under Mancini. I think with Jose there, they'll play with a lot more confidence.

Then again, our own lads have the experience of Roma, Barca, Lille, Lyon. Playing at the San Siro won't phase them. But I worry about our away form - you can't deny that we make very few chances away from hope and have been very wasteful at times.

Absolutely buzzing for it though. 80,000 at the San Siro...can't £#%&!ing wait

Unread 21-02-2009, 02:17 AM
gbmufc

Remember Porto?... same senario, Everyone thought this is a tough one and we despatched em 4-0.

The football we played against Fulham 1st half was the best we have played all season and we didnt have our best 11 out. I just cant see this were lucky shit. Every team gets the odd chance but we get more than most its a percentage thing. 10 chances 2 goals, you know it makes sense.

Blackburn will be despatched i promise you and Inter are in a league which is incomparable to the prem.

Believe

Unread 21-02-2009, 02:20 AM
jem

Default we should stuff inter

they aren't very good, they have a donkey up front and we have magic in our boots.

unfortunately, things don't always pan out they way they should.

it wouldn't surprise me if we won 7-0. but that's not what worries me.

Unread 21-02-2009, 02:22 AM
£#%&! KFC

Talking

Quote:

Inter really used to bottle it at the KO stage under Mancini. I think with Jose there, they'll play with a lot more confidence.

Then again, our own lads have the experience of Roma, Barca, Lille, Lyon. Playing at the San Siro won't phase them. But I worry about our away form - you can't deny that we make very few chances away from hope and have been very wasteful at times.

Absolutely buzzing for it though. 80,000 at the San Siro...can't £#%&!ing wait
we have been wasteful up until the turn of the year not now and we should rip them apart on the counter

Fergie saw Maureen out of Chelski and he owes him for Porto for that reason ...and the small factor of us being a much better team than Inter

I can't wait for Tuesday and if we get through I'll be delighted...but all I want from this season is No18.....anything else is a bonus

Unread 21-02-2009, 02:24 AM
jem

Default bonus?

ah.... now I feel better.

thanks, kev.

:0)

Unread 21-02-2009, 02:26 AM
Camel

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
Remember Porto?... same senario, Everyone thought this is a tough one and we despatched em 4-0.

The football we played against Fulham 1st half was the best we have played all season and we didnt have our best 11 out. I just cant see this were lucky shit. Every team gets the odd chance but we get more than most its a percentage thing. 10 chances 2 goals, you know it makes sense.

Blackburn will be despatched i promise you and Inter are in a league which is incomparable to the prem.

Believe
to my mind the passing and penetration has got markedly better in the last few weeks, 7 goals in 2 games and we are in having problems scoring, sheah

Unread 21-02-2009, 02:28 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
I can't wait for Tuesday and if we get through I'll be delighted...but all I want from this season is No18.....anything else is a bonus
Yea, that Porto game in '04 was a sickener

The way the draw has gone, this could well be the toughest game we have until a possible final. I think if we get past Inter, we will have an excellent shot at Rome. I honestly think we have a squad more then capable of repeating last seasons triumphs and I think the players believe it too.

We've a great run of games coming up. Blackburn tomorrow in an evening KO. Then Inter away, with the League Cup final & return leg soon after. And of course, one of the biggest show downs with the wall pushers in years.

Unread 21-02-2009, 02:30 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
they aren't very good, they have a donkey up front
yes

Quote:
...but all I want from this season is No18.....anything else is a bonus
yes

Unread 21-02-2009, 02:33 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Yea, that Porto game in '04 was a sickener

The way the draw has gone, this could well be the toughest game we have until a possible final. I think if we get past Inter, we will have an excellent shot at Rome. I honestly think we have a squad more then capable of repeating last seasons triumphs and I think the players believe it too.

We've a great run of games coming up. Blackburn tomorrow in an evening KO. Then Inter away, with the League Cup final & return leg soon after. And of course, one of the biggest show downs with the wall pushers in years.
if we get past Inter we should get to the final but you just know itb will be Barca or Madrid in the last 8 for us

some great games coming up indeed and could be even better than last year

Unread 21-02-2009, 02:48 AM
Camel

i can't believe you guys are so worried about inter.

jose will try to stifle the game and bully our midfield same as he always does.

they are far from a match for us over two legs
Closed Thread