United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Sparky***

£#%&!'s sake. We're going to struggle big time to field a decent side against spurs and West Brom.

Unread 21-01-2009, 02:32 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
100% agree. £#%&!ing stupid imo.

Saturdays team should now be picked with Tuesday in mind.
Definitely. I'm not usually one to £#%&! the FA cup off but we're in danger of blowing everything and letting the scousers win the league by default. A few cup weekends of RNR, or even playing our postponed matches, would do us a power of good.

Unread 21-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Definitely. I'm not usually one to £#%&! the FA cup off but we're in danger of blowing everything and letting the scousers win the league by default. A few cup weekends of RNR, or even playing our postponed matches, would do us a power of good.

Agreed

Unread 21-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
Wes should be back this week in full training. Should ease the defensive worry a little bit.
Wes is brilliant when his concentartion is 100% which will take at least 4 games in the reserves or somewhere.

Unread 21-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Blagger

United 'fan' in college today: 'Nani is shit, £#%&!ing glad he's injured - why the £#%&! does he shoot from outside the box, he never hits the target nevermind scores.'

Unread 21-01-2009, 04:46 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
£#%&!'s sake. We're going to struggle big time to field a decent side against spurs and West Brom.
that's OK, so are they.

Unread 22-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Maybe not a gamble, but somethings holding him back from getting in the team.

Even last night he was not even on the bench?

Give the lad a chance
I'd say it's just down to match fitness. Doesn't help that the reserves have only played about 6 games this season. So returning from injury, he hasn't even had any games to play in.

He'll get his chance very soon though.

Unread 22-01-2009, 09:46 AM
charliesharkey

might get his chance now rafael is out for 3 weeks. obviously ferie would hesitate blooding them both together.

Unread 22-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Pete's Shoes

Reserves are playing this afternoon, Fabio is in. Fingers crossed he does enough to warrant a place. And what about this Belgian we have on loan from Stoke? De Laet, he's a defender

Unread 22-01-2009, 10:21 AM
antonin jablonsky

Spurs have more injuries than us. Gonna be missing all of their centrebacks this weekend, King, Woodgate and Dawson all out.

Unread 22-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Whalefish

Are those three defo out, has it been confirmed?

Unread 22-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Spurs have more injuries than us. Gonna be missing all of their centrebacks this weekend, King, Woodgate and Dawson all out.
Yeah just seen 'Arry on TV saying he was sending the weakest team he could to play us. Great confidence booster for the players picked

Unread 22-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
According to Harry on SSN yeah, although he's a crafty cockney so you never know

Unread 22-01-2009, 10:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Seemed to be, on the Beeb this morning, As Pete;s says, 'arry has apologised in advance for the team he's gonna pick.

Unread 22-01-2009, 10:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...830988,00.html

Harry plans United 'mish-mash'
Spurs boss focuses on league survival
Last updated: 22nd January 2009

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has told Sir Alex Ferguson that Manchester United will face a 'mish-mash team' in the FA Cup on Saturday

Spurs scraped through on aggregate to the final of Carling Cup on Wednesday, surviving a major scare in a 3-2 defeat at Championship outfit Burnley.

Redknapp, whose side are involved in a Premier League relegation battle, also saw a number of players sustain injuries at Turf Moor as Jamie O'Hara, Jonathan Woodgate and Michael Dawson picked up problems.

And having made it to Wembley, the Spurs boss is now turning his attention to top-flight survival and confesses he will not risk collecting any more fitness setbacks when travelling to Old Trafford in the cup.

"We've got some tough games, we've a game at Man United that really is so secondary to me now," Redknapp told Sky Sports.

Battle
"If Alex is listening, I'm really going to send a real mish-mash team up there. I hope it doesn't upset the supporters, but we played extra-time and we're out on our feet a little bit.

"That's the only group I've got here. The lads who didn't play tonight will play and I'm going to rest the key players who played tonight because I can't afford to lose any more to injuries."

Tottenham travel to fellow strugglers Stoke on Tuesday in the league and Redknapp admits that match is the priority.

"It will be a real very, very weakened team going to Old Trafford because we play Stoke on Tuesday," he added.

"Woodgate and Dawson can't play (against United) and O'Hara has done his groin.

"We're in a relegation battle and need to get a team together to play against Stoke."

Unread 22-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
According to Harry on SSN yeah, although he's a crafty cockney so you never know
He was quoted a while back that he'd be playing a weakened team, League Cup and the league was all he was concentrating on. The former to secure a UEFA spot.

I'm expecting him to stick out a mixture of their reserves and some fringe players. They'll still have a decent striker up front and probably Modric and Bentley in. They'll be an attacking threat. No idea who'll play in defence, Bale/Zakora/Huddlestone/Hutton? That's not too bad - Rocha could play I guess.

Anyway, I'm more worried about our injury situation. Getting £#%&!ing silly.

Unread 22-01-2009, 10:32 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He was quoted a while back that he'd be playing a weakened team, League Cup and the league was all he was concentrating on. The former to secure a UEFA spot.

I'm expecting him to stick out a mixture of their reserves and some fringe players. They'll still have a decent striker up front and probably Modric and Bentley in. They'll be an attacking threat. No idea who'll play in defence, Bale/Zakora/Huddlestone/Hutton? That's not too bad - Rocha could play I guess.

Anyway, I'm more worried about our injury situation. Getting £#%&!ing silly.
It's terrible and Hutton isn't fit anyway is he? Corluka may play but is also doubtful.

Unread 22-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Pete's Shoes

Hutton is out with a metatarsal injury, will be out for a while.

Unread 22-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Whalefish

Ah right, didn't know that. Corluka is a £#%&!ing good player.

Unread 22-01-2009, 10:34 AM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Seemed to be, on the Beeb this morning, As Pete;s says, 'arry has apologised in advance for the team he's gonna pick.
They play Stoke at home on tuesday which is a much bigger game for them than the United game wqhich they aren't expected to win whatever side they field at OT.
Closed Thread