Closed Thread

Unread 28-12-2008, 03:10 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
You don't honestly believe that do you?
Yes.

They sell out once a year...against us.
They have no Historical or geographical rivalry with United yet the effort they put in against us is obscene (to quote the great man)

I don't 'hate' them in the same way I hate certain other Clubs, but they just irritate the living shit out of me.

Unread 28-12-2008, 03:21 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yes.

They sell out once a year...against us.
They have no Historical or geographical rivalry with United yet the effort they put in against us is obscene (to quote the great man)

I don't 'hate' them in the same way I hate certain other Clubs, but they just irritate the living shit out of me.
Teams do get their arses up for man utd especially boro, in the same way that little spanish sides can get spanked 4-0 by valencia one week and then the next they are beating barca or real madrid, it's just a fact of life but i'm sure no professional player would ever want relegation if given that choice.

Unread 28-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
you're clearly either not well practiced or not very good at processing information accurately, nor of drawing obvious inferences from said info for that matter.

now whilst i'll happily concede i'm lacking either the ability or the inclination to help you in that regard, i can point you in the general direction of the information itself and leave you, as they say, to moiwyw
I have no difficulty drawing inferences from information, which is why in our previous exchange I attempted to get you to confirm what was obviously inferred, ie that clubs try harder against teams attempting to win the title for a third consecutive season.

The fact is, and I really don't care if you disagree, you're still no less wrong, teams give their all every time they play United, and if you think the likes of Middlesbrough would be any less arsed tomorrow if Chelsea were reigning champions then I'm afraid you've got a screw loose.

Save the posting of league winners, it is totally irrelevant to the point. You said, unequivocally, that teams try harder because we were going for three in a row. I said that was %@#$&!s, for no other reason than, er, because it is.

Unread 28-12-2008, 03:32 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
Teams do get their arses up for man utd especially boro, in the same way that little spanish sides can get spanked 4-0 by valencia one week and then the next they are beating barca or real madrid, it's just a fact of life but i'm sure no professional player would ever want relegation if given that choice.
Well maybe I exaggerated slightly to make my point...but I don't think I'll ever get used to it. The way teams 'raise their game' for us.
I know it happens, I understand why it happens, I'm used to it after all these years...but STILL it makes my blood boil & sends my blood pressure off the @#%&!ing chart.

We have to play in a bear-pit of an atmosphere at every away ground...did you hear St James' Park today??...it was like a £#%&!ing morgue. You could actually hear the coaching staff shouting instructions from the touchline.
Contrast the atmosphere at Goodison Park this season between our visit & Liverpool's....£#%&!ing night & day, & they're supposedly Everton's main rival (they put more effort & bile into slagging off Wazza off than they do against any Liverpool player or the team as a whole)

Unread 28-12-2008, 03:46 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Well maybe I exaggerated slightly to make my point...but I don't think I'll ever get used to it. The way teams 'raise their game' for us.
I know it happens, I understand why it happens, I'm used to it after all these years...but STILL it makes my blood boil & sends my blood pressure off the @#%&!ing chart.

We have to play in a bear-pit of an atmosphere at every away ground...did you hear St James' Park today??...it was like a £#%&!ing morgue. You could actually hear the coaching staff shouting instructions from the touchline.
Contrast the atmosphere at Goodison Park this season between our visit & Liverpool's....£#%&!ing night & day, & they're supposedly Everton's main rival (they put more effort & bile into slagging off Wazza off than they do against any Liverpool player or the team as a whole)
Understand the frustration i share it, but it makes it all the sweeter when utd do put these teams in their place, and lets hope that they put the smoggies to the sword tomorrow, but for that to happen we need to be a lot more impressive attacking wise than we have been so far this season.

Unread 31-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafty Crank
I have no difficulty drawing inferences from information, which is why in our previous exchange I attempted to get you to confirm what was obviously inferred, ie that clubs try harder against teams attempting to win the title for a third consecutive season.

The fact is, and I really don't care if you disagree, you're still no less wrong, teams give their all every time they play United, and if you think the likes of Middlesbrough would be any less arsed tomorrow if Chelsea were reigning champions then I'm afraid you've got a screw loose.

Save the posting of league winners, it is totally irrelevant to the point. You said, unequivocally, that teams try harder because we were going for three in a row. I said that was %@#$&!s, for no other reason than, er, because it is.
just caught up with this...

i get it, you don't think professional football teams give a £#%&! about the prospect of being dominated for 3 straight seasons by United and are no more determined to stop us than normal

wow
Closed Thread