United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Can't be, you have to be under 18 to play.

He's only a young 'un, striker by trade too, I think. Got a cracking shot on him.

Born - 8 Apr 1991

Unread 28-11-2008, 12:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Born - 8 Apr 1991
Yeah, checked it out, he's at that difficult age of footballer development, when you either push-on or begin to fall by the wayside.

Unread 28-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Part 36 Offer

James looks a great prospect.

Was head and shoulders above everyone in that Milk Cup tournament in the summer. He's a big lad with great feet.

Unread 28-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Yeah, checked it out, he's at that difficult age of footballer development, when you either push-on or begin to fall by the wayside.
A loan spell would help him......

gary neville suggested a few may be breaking through soon.....

Just look at Wellbeck...

Its attainable...but we have a habit of loaning and never bringing back....

Were a buying club...

Its a long time since the Nevilles butt scholes academy times...

Unread 28-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Brenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
i liked the look of him, is he Welsh? Looked strong in the tckle and good presence on the ball, head up, aware of what was around him.
Born in Bacup/Rochdale I think

Unread 28-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Coracao

Too young for James to be loaned out, the lad is still a kid.

The time to loan players out is when they step up to reserve football and they are finding it too easy, or it isn't very challenging for them.

Unread 28-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
They were no better than us whatsoever, so i'm not sure what you're whinging about.

The thing that cost us, is the same thing that costs the first team, shite finishing.

We should have been three nil up and then they scored with their first effort on goal.
not whinging about £#%&! all #@&%!head

they wwere better than United on the day, simple as

apart from a couple of bits of soft defending early on, Chelsea rarely looked threatened by United

as I said, this was largely because our passing and decision-making was off

you're entitled to your own opinion

you'd do better focusing on that

Unread 28-11-2008, 12:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
A loan spell would help him......

gary neville suggested a few may be breaking through soon.....

Just look at Wellbeck...

Its attainable...but we have a habit of loaning and never bringing back....

Were a buying club...

Its a long time since the Nevilles butt scholes academy times...
Once players go out on loan, they tend to drop off the managements radar and are replaced by the next up and coming star (Campbell/Welbeck last season), loaning players out doesn't really work, IMO, quite often it is useless or detrimental, I wouldn't say Gibson or Eagles benefited from their many trips away tbh.

You do get the odd one that gets good playing time and makes his mark (Evans, Campbell, Chadwick, Richardson) but it often means £#%&! all. THe one's that are going to make tend to get in and about the 1st team squad pretty much straight away and do their 'Work Experience' with the first team.

Unread 28-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
not whinging about £#%&! all #@&%!head

they wwere better than United on the day, simple as

apart from a couple of bits of soft defending early on, Chelsea rarely looked threatened by United

as I said, this was largely because our passing and decision-making was off

you're entitled to your own opinion

you'd do better focusing on that
£#%&! me, TT calling me a knbohead. Heard it all now.

Silence, the oracle has spoken.

Unread 28-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Once players go out on loan, they tend to drop off the managements radar and are replaced by the next up and coming star (Campbell/Welbeck last season), loaning players out doesn't really work, IMO, quite often it is useless or detrimental, I wouldn't say Gibson or Eagles benefited from their many trips away tbh.

You do get the odd one that gets good playing time and makes his mark (Evans, Campbell, Chadwick, Richardson) but it often means £#%&! all. THe one's that are going to make tend to get in and about the 1st team squad pretty much straight away and do their 'Work Experience' with the first team.
i did actually mean it tongue in cheek.......were too quick to loan players out.

i had a rant in a thread a while back abut it....

Unread 28-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
£#%&! me, TT calling me a knbohead. Heard it all now.

Silence, the oracle has spoken.
you are pretty £#%&!ing far from the oracle #@&%!head

perhaps your mummy should've told you

Unread 28-11-2008, 03:52 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
James looks a great prospect.

Was head and shoulders above everyone in that Milk Cup tournament in the summer. He's a big lad with great feet.
[SIZE="3"]TRIP DETECTOR

Part 36 Offer and Scarface

Unread 28-11-2008, 04:00 PM
rebelcountyred

only caught the end of the game as i was working late but i was surprised that petrucci only came on near the end of the game, really playing well in recent weeks, had he a knock or summat?

Unread 28-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Coracao

Quote:
you are pretty £#%&!ing far from the oracle #@&%!head

perhaps your mummy should've told you
Perhaps my mummy should have told me?

You really are a weapon.

Unread 28-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Perhaps my mummy should have told me?

You really are a weapon.
that's absolutely fascinating

Unread 28-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Coracao

Quote:
that's absolutely fascinating
As are all your magnificent posts.

Unread 28-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Tumescent Throb

immitation is the sincerest form of flattery

now £#%&! off you #@&%!head

Unread 28-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Coracao

Quote:
immitation is the sincerest form of flattery

now £#%&! off you #@&%!head
Keep saying it, big man.

Unread 28-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Sloane

i went to the game last night and i didnt think the team was as bad as some of you are making out. they bossed the first half and made chelsea look very ordinary. then sloppy defending and chelsea scored two. after that in the second half chelsea were more confident and the better side and united started to play really sloppy from then on.
gill was dreadful, everytime he had the ball at his feet he gave it away. he was never in the right position and when he got tight to somewhere he either gout out muscled or done for pace. wootton the other centre back was ok. morrisson was a plus point at being only 15. james played ok but norwood the other centre mid just looked a tackler and was poor on the ball. macheda up front didnt win much in the air and didnt have much pace and his touch let him down a few times so he didnt impress. we all know about welbeck but he mad things happen more than most as expected really.
but we have to remember i would rather those lads play like that then do what chelsea did, who had bought 8 out of their starting line up last night, a couple of them costing £900,000

Unread 28-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
i went to the game last night and i didnt think the team was as bad as some of you are making out. they bossed the first half and made chelsea look very ordinary. then sloppy defending and chelsea scored two. after that in the second half chelsea were more confident and the better side and united started to play really sloppy from then on.
gill was dreadful, everytime he had the ball at his feet he gave it away. he was never in the right position and when he got tight to somewhere he either gout out muscled or done for pace. wootton the other centre back was ok. morrisson was a plus point at being only 15. james played ok but norwood the other centre mid just looked a tackler and was poor on the ball. macheda up front didnt win much in the air and didnt have much pace and his touch let him down a few times so he didnt impress. we all know about welbeck but he mad things happen more than most as expected really.
but we have to remember i would rather those lads play like that then do what chelsea did, who had bought 8 out of their starting line up last night, a couple of them costing £900,000
good post

Chelsea were the better team on the day imo, but it definately became more obvious the longer it went on

true about the local lads in United's set up - wouldn't have it any other way
Closed Thread