Closed Thread

Unread 22-02-2007, 09:04 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Chris Colemans Chinese isnt he?

Unread 22-02-2007, 09:10 PM
tatty

I'm praying that chinese kid 'Dong' turns out to be the new Denis Law.

Unread 22-02-2007, 09:11 PM
irk

it all boils down to whether they would deliver

Unread 22-02-2007, 09:11 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I'm praying that chinese kid 'Dong' turns out to be the new Denis Law.
King Dong

I get it

Unread 22-02-2007, 09:14 PM
khmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
They'd be £#%&!ed if they had a Champions League game on a Tuesday.

Unread 22-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
thats rubbish mate ..
No it's not Lee. Black players are discouraged from going into management based on the treatment of previous player/managers like Ricky Hill and Viv Anderson, or the gap in level of jobs offered to Roy Keane and Paul Ince. There are currently 7 black ex-players with better qualifications than Gareth Southgate, Dennis Wise, and Roy Keane, none of whom can get a job in management. And the Premiership has never had a black English manager, despite 25% of players being non-white.

Read the below article if you are serious about knowing the score (i.e. if you are not burnallbooks).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6376121.stm

Unread 22-02-2007, 09:22 PM
tatty

I see what you're saying Grimson but the truth of the matter is that no black manager has ever won the Premiership or indeed the 1st division before it.

You can't blame chairmen for not employing fuzzy-wuzzies if they've got a record like that.

Unread 22-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I see what you're saying Grimson but the truth of the matter is that no black manager has ever won the Premiership or indeed the 1st division before it.

You can't blame chairmen for not employing fuzzy-wuzzies if they've got a record like that.

You're kidding, right? Black people are individuals and should be hired or fired based on their qualifications and results. It shouldn't matter what other black managers have done (there haven't been nearly enough for a statistical record anyway). OF COURSE no black manager has won the Prem or the Championship - there have only been two (Gullit and Tigana) who were ever given the chance.

Unread 22-02-2007, 09:35 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

You're kidding, right? Black people are individuals and should be hired or fired based on their qualifications and results. It shouldn't matter what other black managers have done (there haven't been nearly enough for a statistical record anyway). OF COURSE no black manager has won the Prem or the Championship - there have only been two (Gullit and Tigana) who were ever given the chance.

Yep.

Although it doesn't follow that being a great player makes you a great manager there have been so many top notch black players over the last 20 years that you've got to say they're not being given a fair crack when it comes to stepping up to management.

However, unlike most other employment fields it is nigh on impossible to prove there is anything untowards happening when premiership management jobs are being offered.

Unread 22-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Grimson

That's me missing your sarcasm two days in a row. Sorry.

Unread 22-02-2007, 10:33 PM
redtour_99

Lawrie Sanchez - master minded the defeat of the greatest team in the world Ingurland!

Unread 22-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Default Anyone remember

the Manager of Wolves in the early 80's - Sammy Chung
Closed Thread