United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-08-2008, 06:53 PM
MJ Ramone

I'm not a huge Berbatov fan & he wouldn't be my first choice, but we need more striking options at United & if we have to 'play dirty' to get him then that's what we'll do I guess.

NOBODY likes selling us their players.
The 'ABU' culture exists at all levels of football.
We're always made out to be Big Bad United, even when we're doing nothing wrong.
Spurs thought they could have Blackburns best player (Bentley) without much fuss..not to mention the Bostock transfer from Palace etc..
United are top of the food chain in England & rightly so.

Robbie Keane went to Liverpool without any fuss, just as Mascherano went to LIverpool without any fuss last season.
Compare the identical Tevez & Berbatov transfer attempts & it's like chalk & cheese.

Unread 23-08-2008, 07:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
fisher vs bell?

so if a club dont say anything, the player is for sale? brilliant
No, not at all.

But United quite categorically stated that Ronaldo was not for sale at any price, did they not?

Spurs have said £#%&! all, in fact they have intimated that Berbatov can leave during interviews with the club management since as far back as November.

That makes the case of Ronaldo and Berbatov quite different.

For all we know, Berbatov has been told he can go once they have found a replacement or something similar, or he may have been told he can leave several times, only for it to be put back, or in other words he is being dicked about.

I am not saying he is right, nor am I saying he is right for United, but the comparisons you draw with the Ronaldo case are inaccurate and wrong, I'm afraid.

Unread 23-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Sloppy

Berbatov refused to play according to Poyet on SSN

Unread 23-08-2008, 07:20 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

confirmed.

anyay hold tight you mans, im off out to chirpse champs...in london town.

Unread 23-08-2008, 07:22 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Good.

Unread 23-08-2008, 07:23 PM
dunk

Quote:

confirmed.

anyay hold tight you mans, im off out to chirpse champs...in london town.
I envy you this evening. Have a good 'un.

Unread 23-08-2008, 07:24 PM
CockOfTheNorth

I hope we make another move tonight whilst they're pissed off with him.

Unread 23-08-2008, 07:36 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I envy you this evening. Have a good 'un.
you should

two of my boys teams won today and one has said he is spending 2 bags on bottles confirmed which means champs will be around the table...

zoooooooooooop

Unread 23-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Rhodzy

Unread 23-08-2008, 07:43 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
please explain...
and non over elaborated %@#$&!s masking your points in the midst of shit. what exactly do you mean?

two clubs who dont want to sell their player unless for the right price.
if the price was right we would sell ronaldo and the same goes for spurs.
and on the otherhand how do we know spurs want to sell?
or is it because spurs havent said anything we assume they want to sell?

levy did the right thing reporting united to the fa as we have unsettles the player to the extent now where he is refusing to play football unless they sell him??

we reported real to fifa for unsettling our player correct???

whats the different in contract status?
both are contracted to clubs correct?

didnt robbie keane hand in a transfer request you silly @#%&!?
abit different to bust ups in training and refusing to play eh? just a bit?

Marlo, are you a child? Are you a little teeny tiny wittle infant? Can you EVER just have a discussion without bleating, foaming at the mouth and yelling '@#%&!!' at someone? Just stick to the point, man.

The difference is that Real Madrid have made their pursuit very public - that's what we complained about. Spurs have reported us for the same thing, but the DIFFERENCE is that we haven't said anything publicly. Not a single thing. Levy based his rant on a one misquote from The Sun.

Secondly, one of the main Ronaldo gripes has been that he only signed a contract extension 12 months ago. Berbatov hasn't. Technically, both players are under contract, ofcourse. But in terms of contract length, player age, it's entirely different. If we had finished 12th (or wherever Spurs finished), I don't think many of us would have a problem with Ronaldo wanting to leave. Berbatov is 27, not 23. He's at an age where he wants to play CL football. Spurs are not matching the ambitions of the player and this can't come as a surprise to them, can it? Whereas Ronaldo's is a shock considering the success of the club.

Berbatov appears a frustrated character who is at an age where he needs his ability and ambition matched. Ronaldo is a young boy who agreed to a contract extension just a year ago and has just won the double. Very different circumstances, wouldn't you say?

Like I say, the fundamentals are the same - both players are under contract, but the personal details and circumstances are entirely different. Like I said in my first post, I don't have an issue with Levy. Just the motivation for his going to the FA and his comparing our conduct to Real Madrid's.

Does this mean we now need to compare every transfer to any other transfer?

Now, take a deep breathe. Leave sentence structure and punctuation out of it and try not to respond with a series of mongy 'WHHHAAATTT?'s and 'EEEHHHH?'s.

Unread 23-08-2008, 07:49 PM
razzle

Quote:
please explain...
and non over elaborated %@#$&!s masking your points in the midst of shit. what exactly do you mean?

levy did the right thing reporting united to the fa as we have unsettles the player to the extent now where he is refusing to play football unless they sell him??

as did berbatov

what's your point?

Unread 23-08-2008, 08:12 PM
utd for ever

Quote:
please explain...

No we wont and we made that clear contrary with spurs,a idiot will compare both the situation when it is miles apart...

Unread 23-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Spurs have said from the start that berbatov is not for sale.

If they dont sell him, berbatov has a choice; act like a slapped arse and not play any football for a full season aged 27 and at the peak of his game, or, accept the situation and concentrate on playing, safe in the knowledge that it would probably be his last season for spurs.

My money's on the latter; he may well have pissed off people with his behaviour but then thats all about opportunity. In many ways this is similar (not the same) as the ronaldo situation where ronnie did pretty much everything except sign a madrid shirt and hand in a transfer request. As ronnie says 'score a few goals and they'll all be cheering again'. Supporters are fickle and really only care about the team winning.

Berb may come to us, but if he does spurs will look just as weak as we would have had we sold ronnie to madrid and i'd have no respect for them at all, in fact i'll respect them more if they stick to their guns and dont sell him to us, especially after reporting us to the f.a for unsettling one of their players.

If he comes the pressure will be immense; if he fails to perform he'll be booed off the park after this, especially if he's starts costing tevez his place.

Unread 23-08-2008, 08:28 PM
utd for ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Spurs have said from the start that berbatov is not for sale.

If they dont sell him, berbatov has a choice; act like a slapped arse and not play any football for a full season aged 27 and at the peak of his game, or, accept the situation and concentrate on playing, safe in the knowledge that it would probably be his last season for spurs.

My money's on the latter; he may well have pissed off people with his behaviour but then thats all about opportunity. In many ways this is similar (not the same) as the ronaldo situation where ronnie did pretty much everything except sign a madrid shirt and hand in a transfer request. As ronnie says 'score a few goals and they'll all be cheering again'. Supporters are fickle and really only care about the team winning.

Berb may come to us, but if he does spurs will look just as weak as we would have had we sold ronnie to madrid and i'd have no respect for them at all, in fact i'll respect them more if they stick to their guns and dont sell him to us, especially after reporting us to the f.a for unsettling one of their players.

If he comes the pressure will be immense; if he fails to perform he'll be booed off the park after this, especially if he's starts costing tevez his place.
No they have never said that,from the start ramos and spurs has said if a suitable offer arrives then they will sell him....

Unread 23-08-2008, 08:55 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I'm not a huge Berbatov fan & he wouldn't be my first choice, but we need more striking options at United & if we have to 'play dirty' to get him then that's what we'll do I guess.

NOBODY likes selling us their players.
The 'ABU' culture exists at all levels of football.
We're always made out to be Big Bad United, even when we're doing nothing wrong.
Spurs thought they could have Blackburns best player (Bentley) without much fuss..not to mention the Bostock transfer from Palace etc..
United are top of the food chain in England & rightly so.

Robbie Keane went to Liverpool without any fuss, just as Mascherano went to LIverpool without any fuss last season.
Compare the identical Tevez & Berbatov transfer attempts & it's like chalk & cheese.
VERY GOOD POST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Sorry, Lou, thats %@#$&!s. I can't remember the last time a player of Berbatov's status in the English game so clearly wanted to join United. Ince in a United shirt before he signed ?? Maybe....

Furthermore he has come out publically and said the figures quoted about his valuation are ridiculous. Thats almost certainly true - 28 - 32 million is over the odds.

The point is if he comes, tries his hardest, and fails, why would any Red boo him the park (or single him out, ahead of any other player that underperforms ? ). Are you saying this because of the way he's handled himself in this transfer business ?? It makes no sense to me.

I find it refreshing that a player badly wants to join us, a player in a position we are in desperate need to fill...good luck to the lad - hope his dreams come true.

Unread 23-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Tronics

TBH i'd have him regardless of the attitude.

Anything is better then bringing on O'shea as an attacking option.

Unread 23-08-2008, 09:07 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
TBH i'd have him regardless of the attitude.

Anything is better then bringing on O'shea as an attacking option.
Dong ?

Unread 23-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd for ever
No they have never said that,from the start ramos and spurs has said if a suitable offer arrives then they will sell him....
They've been saying it for a long time, even when Jol was manager and it's the reason they are pissed off at both united and liverpool.

Levy said: "The behaviour of both clubs has been disgraceful. We told both clubs very early on that we had no interest in selling Robbie or Dimitar, respectively, and that they should refrain from pursuing the player.

"Both clubs arrogantly chose to ignore this request and we now have evidence that both clubs have systematically been working to prise the players away from us, outside of Premier League rules of conduct."

Do a search for 'berbatov not for sale' spurs stance has been clear for a long time.

Unread 23-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
VERY GOOD POST.

Sorry, Lou, thats %@#$&!s. I can't remember the last time a player of Berbatov's status in the English game so clearly wanted to join United. Ince in a United shirt before he signed ?? Maybe....

Furthermore he has come out publically and said the figures quoted about his valuation are ridiculous. Thats almost certainly true - 28 - 32 million is over the odds.

The point is if he comes, tries his hardest, and fails, why would any Red boo him the park (or single him out, ahead of any other player that underperforms ? ). Are you saying this because of the way he's handled himself in this transfer business ?? It makes no sense to me.

I find it refreshing that a player badly wants to join us, a player in a position we are in desperate need to fill...good luck to the lad - hope his dreams come true.
like i say if tevez is forced on the bench while some berbatov experiment takes place which costs us games fans will get pissed off. If berbatove gets stoppy because things are not going his way - he'll get booed, it's the style of player he is - genius or slapped arse, seems there's no middle ground and at OT the slapped arse routine wont go down well. thats all.

Unread 23-08-2008, 09:24 PM
utd99

Quote:
That's hypothetical.

Liverpool's interest, Keane's transfer request and the actual transfer happened very quickly so why would he have reason to be disgruntled? Who knows how he would have reacted if they had told him to stick his 'dream move' up his arse and play?

In fact one could argue that Spurs acquiesced to all of Keane's requests in very short order and none of Berbatov's over a much longer period, and you should know, if indeed you aren't just a figment of Ethers imagination , that nothing serves to disgruntle and disillusion an employee more than seeing another treated differently.

It may well be that Berbatov is thinking to himself 'well I wanted to leave last year and they said no so I played on for a season, have conducted myself with dignity and silence throughout the months of this episode privately making it clear my desires, and Keane gets his transfer in 10 minutes flat so where has that got me?

And you know what, he'd have a point.
Closed Thread