Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Sparky***

Default Re: £20m for Carlton Cole?

Unread 14-11-2009, 05:31 PM
borsuk

good player, carlton cole. loads of potential to tap there and he'd give us something we're really lacking in.

considering wham are a truly shite side going forwards cole does wonders for them.

20 million is taking the piss, though.

Unread 14-11-2009, 05:38 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
good player, carlton cole. loads of potential to tap there and he'd give us something we're really lacking in.

considering wham are a truly shite side going forwards cole does wonders for them.

20 million is taking the piss, though.
sorry, but I don't think there is anymore potential to tap in. he has found his level at west ham.

his touch is horrible. Finishing is woeful. Capello is prefering heskey to him. that is saying something. Not good enough for mid table sides let alone ones for challenging for the title.

Unread 14-11-2009, 05:54 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
sorry, but I don't think there is anymore potential to tap in. he has found his level at west ham.

his touch is horrible. Finishing is woeful. Capello is prefering heskey to him. that is saying something. Not good enough for mid table sides let alone ones for challenging for the title.
not bothered what capello does or thinks. he has his england side and what's good for england isn't necessarily good for united. you prefer barry to carrick? johnson to brown?

cole would benefit hugely from having quality players around him and quality input from fergie, rene, mickey etc every day. like i said, though, 20 million is taking the piss.

Unread 14-11-2009, 05:58 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
not bothered what capello does or thinks. he has his england side and what's good for england isn't necessarily good for united. you prefer barry to carrick? johnson to brown?

cole would benefit hugely from having quality players around him and quality input from fergie, rene, mickey etc every day. like i said, though, 20 million is taking the piss.
surely you are taking the piss with that bit in the bold.

and on current form, in fact on the form of last 1 and half years, I would pick barry ahead of carrick. brown has been injured for the last year, obviously johnson is picked because of that. and anyways I don't think brown is a full back. he is better at centre back.

Unread 14-11-2009, 06:02 PM
borsuk

Quote:
surely you are taking the piss with that bit in the bold.

and on current form, in fact on the form of last 1 and half years, I would pick barry ahead of carrick. brown has been injured for the last year, obviously johnson is picked because of that. and anyways I don't think brown is a full back. he is better at centre back.
you know what phelan's role is then? you have some kind of insider information on it? if fergie promotes him to assistant that's enough for me.

on the rest, i couldn't agree less.

anyway, the story is doubtless %@#$&!s.

Unread 14-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Charlie Harper

Quote:
anyway, the story is doubtless %@#$&!s.
Agreed...it was "Dean Ashton to sign for United" 18 months ago.

Is there something about West Ham being a United feeder club that I'm not aware of? We haven't bought a player from them since Ince, right?

Unread 14-11-2009, 06:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

I'd agree with that. As much as he's been impressive over the last year or so, Cole is a good example of a player playing in a team that suits him at a level of expectation where he's comfortable. I'd be very surprised if he was able to make any kind of further step up. Not international class, either, imo.

Unread 14-11-2009, 06:27 PM
rafabio

he lacks 3 things to make it at the top level of club game or international games. touch, position/movement and finishing. don't think he will ever develop that. But still he is a good asset to have to teams like west ham, wigan or even sunderland.

Unread 14-11-2009, 06:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Hams-Cole.html

I just thinking the other day we could do with a low-scoring but hard-working overpriced forward with limited technical ability.
Tbf, we never did replace Tevez in that respect .

Honestly though, Cole could be a very potent weapon if coached and used correctly. Not sure that would work at United though. Maybe worth a punt for about £8m, for £20m, they can £#%&! off.

Unread 14-11-2009, 06:59 PM
marlo

carlton has already said he looks forward to working with rooney.

they will make a great strike force.

if united can bring in stanislas and prince boetang(Pompey) I think united could be there or there about!!!!

Unread 14-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Sloppy

Hes £#%&!ing shit and not worth 20p nevermind 20 million.Nowhere near good enough.

Unread 14-11-2009, 08:11 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
carlton has already said he looks forward to working with rooney.

they will make a great strike force.

if united can bring in stanislas and prince boetang(Pompey) I think united could be there or there about!!!!
Trying too hard.

Unread 14-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Agreed on the trying too hard. It would have been funny to just add 'hope he signs' or something. But carrying it on with youtube links and repeating yourself. Bit....awkward.

Unread 14-11-2009, 09:22 PM
MIFF

Ha ha Carlton cole, £20 million! Funny as £#%&!! United! Ha ha ha, Is that the same smug daily mail #@&%! on the sunday supplement last week predicting United's doom, he's got one of those faces that u would love to punch, smug gobshite div

Unread 14-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Whalefish

I think Cole and Rooney could form a beautiful partnership.

Make it so Fergie.

Unread 14-11-2009, 09:51 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I think Cole and Rooney could form a beautiful partnership.
yeah, but he's retired

Unread 15-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Whalefish

Fergie's mate Bob Cass has spoken:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Mail+Online%29

Unread 15-11-2009, 12:34 AM
jem

Default dean ashton

would still be better than tosic.

£#%&!ing hell, sell saha and buy cole? someone is taking the piss.

Unread 15-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Zorg

Closed Thread