United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2014, 06:11 PM
Jez Quigley

Default Throb

You're a classic politician - spinning what was actually said into something few people can disagree with.

Of course a squad needs balance - he is not denying that.

If you read the article, he is saying the quality of player is not what it was and let's face it, if Rooney and RVP are not playing tomorrow, I bet man for man we are not better than Chelsea in more than 3 positions (DDG, Vidic and Rafael?)

In those 5 title wins Scholes was a key player and we have not replaced him. Yes we have been unlucky with RVP injuries and Carrick going offline for a period but even so, it's disingenuous to pretend there is nothing wrong with the squad

Do you honestly think Smalling is better than Brown?

We still have a good future spine (DDG, Jones, Cleverley and Welbeck) but Gordon is 100% right about our squad not being up to scratch and Moyes clearly shares that view, seeing as though he is apparently looking to get rid of some players and bring in others.

Unread 18-01-2014, 06:14 PM
armchair

I was agreeing with the article until he started blaming fergie. Yes the squad was unbalanced but any top manager would have us better placed than moyes has us.

Unread 18-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley

You're a classic politician - spinning what was actually said into something few people can disagree with.

If you read the article, he is saying the quality of player is not what it was and let's face it, if Rooney and RVP are not playing tomorrow, I bet man for man we are not better than Chelsea in more than 3 positions (DDG, Vidic and Rafael?)

In those 5 title wins Scholes was a key player and we have not replaced him. Yes we have been unlucky with RVP injuries and Carrick going offline for a period but even so, it's disingenuous to pretend there is nothing wrong with the squad

We still have a good future spine (DDG, Jones, Cleverley and Welbeck) but Gordon is 100% right about our squad not being up to scratch and Moyes clearly shares that view, seeing as though he is apparently looking to get rid of some players and bring in others.
Quiggers nails it again ...

Unread 18-01-2014, 06:16 PM
HarkNowHear

Getting subbed in 2 FA cup finals on the spin has obviously left deep scars.

59 years old, same age as no£#%&!

Unread 18-01-2014, 06:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I was agreeing with the article until he started blaming fergie. Yes the squad was unbalanced but any top manager would have us better placed than moyes has us.
Absolutely- as others have said, where is the Moyes vision to take us forward? Fergie had one even when he was struggling pre-1990.

Unread 18-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

Brown was far better than most defenders in the country

However, just to point at a direct comparison of their ability is clear evidence that Hill hasn't thought it through - surprised the silly £#%&!er didn't start babbling on about net spends as well

Sad fact is that Brown was plagued by injuries and that situation has continued at Sunderland

Smalling isn't as good as Brown but is injured far less, he's half decent on the ball, a very good defender when he's facing the game, and he doesn't seem to kick up a fuss about the way he is used. He is a very useful player in United's squad on that basis.

Unread 18-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Brown was far better than most defenders in the country

However, just to point at a direct comparison of their ability is clear evidence that Hill hasn't thought it through - surprised the silly £#%&!er didn't start babbling on about net spends as well

Sad fact is that Brown was plagued by injuries and that situation has continued at Sunderland

Smalling isn't as good as Brown but is injured far less, he's half decent on the ball, a very good defender when he's facing the game, and he doesn't seem to kick up a fuss about the way he is used. He is a very useful player in United's squad on that basis.
Oh I completely agree with that. Smalling will be an excellent squad player at worst, a CB fixture for 6 years for us and England at best.

It's not like Hill has come out and said anything ridiculous like we should play Hernandez, Rooney, RVP, Welbeck, Nani and Young as our front 6 or anything.

Unread 18-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Oh I completely agree with that. Smalling will be an excellent squad player at worst, a CB fixture for 6 years for us and England at best.

It's not like Hill has come out and said anything ridiculous like we should play Hernandez, Rooney, RVP, Welbeck, Nani and Young as our front 6 or anything.
brown being better than smalling was one of his main claims to evidence his point ffs

Unread 18-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
brown being better than smalling was one of his main claims to evidence his point ffs
Brown is better than Smalling - I was just saying Smalling is not that shit

Even you said Brown is better than Smalling :-)

Unread 18-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Brown is better than Smalling - I was just saying Smalling is not that shit

Even you said Brown is better than Smalling :-)
are you wushing/wumming me

Unread 18-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Wart Chest

Quote:

Unread 18-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wart Chest

I'm hoping the power of suggestion will do its stuff on him
Closed Thread