United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Bunker Buster

How's it pointless if it's a decent proposal, well presented to the council and secures the future of the ground ?

Unread 26-04-2013, 06:24 PM
sullerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
How's it pointless if it's a decent proposal, well presented to the council and secures the future of the ground ?
mate, if there's one thing I've learnt in supporting United since May, 1999....

it's that our support moans like £#%&! about certain things, then when someone has a go at actually trying to lobby some change, they get moaned like £#%&! about as well.

Unread 26-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Bunker Buster

You've learnt a lot young Hampshire padawan.

Unread 26-04-2013, 06:25 PM
redwhiteandblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
it's never going to happen is it....I'm still waiting for MUST to buy out the Glazers
You seem to think the aim is to just buy OT, it's not. It's to protect it.

Unread 26-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Well said. Can't blame some people who won't roll over and let their tummies be tickled by new owners. Like Bitters in Arab gear and Chelsea fans in Russian hats. Near impossible it may be but they are giving it a go and maintaining some pressure of sorts.

Unread 26-04-2013, 06:29 PM
sullerz

Quote:
I can't remember a faction that didn't get criticized by other sections of support.

IMUSA
MUST
Original FC
The 'Red Knights'
Anti-Glazers
Stretford End Flags (justified)
Yellow & Green
etc etc

so bitchy. Reds trying to out Red each other. Mock the scousers all you will (deservedly so) but they tend to stick to the same message. Albeit one that's based on blaming everyone else...

Unread 26-04-2013, 06:33 PM
elhombre

Quote:

Unread 26-04-2013, 06:43 PM
shenwen

Quote:
at best its secures the right to buy an empty stadium.

from what i am reading it gives first refusal if, and a big if, the club ever decided to leave OT. Then the ground could potentially be 'secured' for the community. the ground, not the football club.

there is nothing there that prevents the glazers moving. sadly the world doesn't work like that.

It sounds to me just like getting a building listed. You stop the owner knocking it down but don't stop him moving his furniture to a different house and selling the listed one to the highest bidder.

I am not knocking them. but it is pointless.

Unread 26-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
what...again

sorry if posted before couldn't see it

Manchester United Supporters Trust (MUST) has lodged an application to be given the opportunity to buy Old Trafford should the stadium ever be put up for sale.
There is no suggestion United’s owners are looking to sell
United’s world-famous home, where they have played since 1910.
That has not stopped MUST submitting a nomination to Trafford Council for the ground to be registered as an ’Asset of Community Value’. If the application is accepted, MUST would be given the opportunity to buy the stadium should the Glazers ever decide to cash in.

They'd have a job shifting old trafford what with you living in the toilets.

Unread 26-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
at best its secures the right to buy an empty stadium.

from what i am reading it gives first refusal if, and a big if, the club ever decided to leave OT. Then the ground could potentially be 'secured' for the community. the ground, not the football club.

there is nothing there that prevents the glazers moving. sadly the world doesn't work like that.

It sounds to me just like getting a building listed. You stop the owner knocking it down but don't stop him moving his furniture to a different house and selling the listed one to the highest bidder.

I am not knocking them. but it is pointless.
It's PR FFS - it keeps the pressure on the gimps and helps to keep them clean. Notable that one of the suits at OT is now blathering this week about how United can learn a lot about communication from German clubs.

Unread 26-04-2013, 06:52 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
It's PR FFS - it keeps the pressure on the gimps and helps to keep them clean. Notable that one of the suits at OT is now blathering this week about how United can learn a lot about communication from German clubs.
I get that.

but people saying it prevents OT being sold off in the future. it doesn't.

Unread 26-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I get that.

It's pressure, a reminder, a local group trying to protect the future and show some people they're still around and care.

Hilarious though.

Due ridicule IMO.

Unread 26-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Ginners

if it guarantees OT wont be sold then i see no problem tbh

Unread 26-04-2013, 06:56 PM
waynes ear's

what sort of MUST think tank comes up with this shit?

Unread 26-04-2013, 06:57 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
if it guarantees OT wont be sold then i see no problem tbh
yep that is exactly what it does

Unread 26-04-2013, 06:57 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullerz
I can't remember a faction that didn't get criticized by other sections of support.

IMUSA
MUST
Original FC
The 'Red Knights'
Anti-Glazers
Stretford End Flags (justified)
Yellow & Green
etc etc

so bitchy. Reds trying to out Red each other. Mock the scousers all you will (deservedly so) but they tend to stick to the same message. Albeit one that's based on blaming everyone else...
What we need is someone unconnected to all these parties to bring everyone together.

I vote Sullers.

Unread 26-04-2013, 06:58 PM
sullerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
What we need is someone unconnected to all these parties to bring everyone together.

I vote Sullers.
El Presidente

Unread 26-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
I get that.

If the Glazers move it (unlikely) not being able to knock down and redevelop OT will put a large financial dent in their plan.

Quite glad MUST with largely local lads exist, a bit of subversion and anarchy. Very Mancunian in fact. Makes a change from the mugs parading in their replica shirts like it's a tourist attraction. Next step is fancy dress like the Bertie's and we can all don £#%&!ing Stetsons.

Unread 26-04-2013, 06:59 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullerz
El Presidente

Unread 26-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
If the Glazers move it (unlikely) not being able to knock down and redevelop OT will put a large financial dent in their plan.

Quite glad MUST with largely local lads exist, a bit of subversion and anarchy. Very Mancunian in fact. Makes a change from the mugs parading in their replica shirts like it's a tourist attraction. Next step is fancy dress like the Bertie's and we can all don £#%&!ing Stetsons.
Kev got the home shirt for Xmas.....

That's gotta hurt.
Closed Thread