Closed Thread

Unread 11-08-2015, 10:57 AM
Semantic Lisp

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins

Unread 11-08-2015, 11:02 AM
PeakyBlinder

Mendes made 3M Euros from that deal alone.

Wonder how many bottles of wine Fergie got...

Unread 11-08-2015, 11:11 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyBlinder
Mendes made 3M Euros from that deal alone.

Wonder how many bottles of wine Fergie got...
None, he got a flat in New York.....true story

Unread 11-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Whip Hubley

You're all being way too cynical imo.

Yes, we overpaid a bit but RM's interest was utterly genuine at the time. Bebe was seen by many as the out and out striker equivalent of (C) Ronaldo in the sense that half of Europe was interested. Little known fact that Wenger had basically instructed the Arsenal board to sign him "as soon as possible" but Bebe was a united fan since playing on the streets of Portugal as a 4 year old and he passed a TV shop, and we happened to be playing (and winning) the FA Cup. Lee Martin was an unlikely hero for the young Tiago Manuel Dias Correia.

I though he showed great promise but was just overawed unfortunately when it came down to it. Think he's proven a few people wrong since going back to Portugal and banging them in for fun.

Unread 11-08-2015, 11:19 AM
dragflick

Unread 11-08-2015, 11:23 AM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Forgot he even scored for us tbh.

Unread 11-08-2015, 11:49 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
You're all being way too cynical imo.

Yes, we overpaid a bit but RM's interest was utterly genuine at the time. Bebe was seen by many as the out and out striker equivalent of (C) Ronaldo in the sense that half of Europe was interested. Little known fact that Wenger had basically instructed the Arsenal board to sign him "as soon as possible" but Bebe was a united fan since playing on the streets of Portugal as a 4 year old and he passed a TV shop, and we happened to be playing (and winning) the FA Cup. Lee Martin was an unlikely hero for the young Tiago Manuel Dias Correia.

I though he showed great promise but was just overawed unfortunately when it came down to it. Think he's proven a few people wrong since going back to Portugal and banging them in for fun.

That's the one part of that I do believe tbh

Unread 11-08-2015, 12:02 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Reading through that official Bebe thread this morning in work I'm having stop myself from bursting out laughing

Ginners

Unread 11-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Darmian_fan

I think we should avoid all business with Jorge Mendes. He's a leech as it comes. Until now, none of the business done with him has done us any good, we have lost millions on him. I have a feeling that there's corruption going on in the club which involves this money maniac.

Unread 11-08-2015, 06:00 PM
Reno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmian_fan
I think we should avoid all business with Jorge Mendes. He's a leech as it comes. Until now, none of the business done with him has done us any good, we have lost millions on him. I have a feeling that there's corruption going on in the club which involves this money maniac.
Corruption you say!! Shocking revelations

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakyBlinder
Forgot he even scored for us tbh.
He hadnt, he was just dancing for doller. He passed the hat round 2 minutes after.

Unread 11-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Classic nay vintage Darmers

Unread 13-08-2015, 02:38 AM
Swagger

Sorry lads, if you want your di Maria's and falcaos you need to take a few bebes

This is business. Jose did similar at real. £#%&!ing contrao for 30 million

Unread 13-08-2015, 02:59 AM
Doctor Hver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Probably the strangest and most suspicious transfer of modern times

At the time we probably didn't think it could get worse than the previous summer's 3 headed transfer monster of Owen, Valencia and Obertan to replace Ronaldo but then we top it the following summer by signing a bum

You have to hand it to Mendes as he obviously got a friend in Marca put on their front page the day we signed him that Madrid were after "the jewel of Vitoria Guimaraes " to add an air of legitimacy to what was obviously the most bungtastic transfer of all time

No the sigining of Owen, Obertan and Valencia was.

Unread 13-08-2015, 04:29 AM
angrydimaria

sir alex on mendes some time back

“Jorge Mendes is the best agent I dealt with, without a doubt. He was responsible, looked after his players… and was very fair with clubs.”

Unread 13-08-2015, 05:09 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Agreed. He stitched us up good and proper with that Ronaldo @#%&!.

Unread 13-08-2015, 08:40 AM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
Pretty tricky when he is the agent for the majority of the world's best players...

Is Eric Hall still doing business? I'm sure he has some lads we could sign...

Unread 13-08-2015, 08:47 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Closed Thread