Actual pecking order to start atm...

Carrick
Fletcher
Anderson
Scholes
agreed

Unread 11-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Sloppy

Carrick and Anderson is our best midfield by a mile.Fletcher has been better than he normally has been this season but hes still way short of the type of player we really need.Anderson is a miles better player with a lot more to offer.

Unread 11-12-2008, 12:29 AM
dunk

Actually, Carrick and Scholes is our best midfield partnership, probably followed by Hargreaves and Anderson.

Based on current form and fitness though, the best pairing is Carrick and Fletcher.

Unread 11-12-2008, 12:30 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Carrick
Fletcher
Anderson
Scholes
as a firm supporter of big dazza i simply do not think that at the top of his game he is that good.
at the beginning of the season we had giggs in there, no carrick, were chopping and changing etc so fletcher looked brilliant.
but now the dust is settling we are seeing an average midfielder doing the basics well but not capable of the spectacular or that thing separates puts you at the top of the game.
i dont think he has been involved in any of the proper 'united' moves this season.
yes he looks busy but i thinks his streak of form has run its course.

he doesnt have that intelligence of a pass that carrick,anderson and scholes have.
carrick and anderson our the inform players both with a eye for a ball as you see them both always threading through those intelligent balls that rooney and tevez love.

Unread 11-12-2008, 12:31 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Carrick and Anderson is our best midfield by a mile.Fletcher has been better than he normally has been this season but hes still way short of the type of player we really need.Anderson is a miles better player with a lot more to offer.
That's the way I see it too.

Unread 11-12-2008, 12:32 AM
marlo

Quote:
very good point.

id rather carrick and scholes start than fletcher and carrick.

anderson and carrick would be my choice.

Unread 11-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Actually, Carrick and Scholes is our best midfield partnership, probably followed by Hargreaves and Anderson.

Based on current form and fitness though, the best pairing is Carrick and Fletcher.
This form of fletchers.I dont get it.Hes playing well yes butwe need to have ando and carrick starting in centre mid.Miles more affective.

Unread 11-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Whalefish

I'll be stunned if Anderson starts Saturday.

Which is a pity because I don't think we need to 'contain' Spurs midfield. It's not that good.

Unread 11-12-2008, 12:35 AM
wonky no

Quote:
This form of fletchers.I dont get it.Hes playing well yes butwe need to have ando and carrick starting in centre mid.Miles more affective.
how? fletch scores goals as well as tackles and picks passes.

Unread 11-12-2008, 12:36 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
as a firm supporter of big dazza i simply do not think that at the top of his game he is that good.
at the beginning of the season we had giggs in there, no carrick, were chopping and changing etc so fletcher looked brilliant.
but now the dust is settling we are seeing an average midfielder doing the basics well but not capable of the spectacular or that thing separates puts you at the top of the game.
i dont think he has been involved in any of the proper 'united' moves this season.
yes he looks busy but i thinks his streak of form has run its course.

he doesnt have that intelligence of a pass that carrick,anderson and scholes have.
carrick and anderson our the inform players both with a eye for a ball as you see them both always threading through those intelligent balls that rooney and tevez love.
If you actually watch Fletcher rather than trying to catch yourself a glimpse of 'Big Andy' on the subs bench you would see he is involved in most good things United do and his presence allows Carrick to move a bit further forward. Both Fletcher and Carrick have weighed in with goals, and good goals too, this season as well as assisting with general attacking play, it's a bit harsh to write him off as 'not that good', sums you up a bit actually.

Unread 11-12-2008, 12:38 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'll be stunned if Anderson starts Saturday.

Which is a pity because I don't think we need to 'contain' Spurs midfield. It's not that good.
I think he deserves to start, been very good in the last few games.

Unread 11-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
I think he deserves to start, been very good in the last few games.
Fergie tinkers, Anderson played 90mins tonight. He'll need a break now, no question about that.

Unread 11-12-2008, 12:42 AM
marlo

Quote:
If you actually watch Fletcher rather than trying to catch yourself a glimpse of 'Big Andy' on the subs bench you would see he is involved in most good things United do and his presence allows Carrick to move a bit further forward. Both Fletcher and Carrick have weighed in with goals, and good goals too, this season as well as assisting with general attacking play, it's a bit harsh to write him off as 'not that good', sums you up a bit actually.
'isnt that good' is relative.

if all our midfielders are at the top of their game the wors....actually ...."least best' is fletcher.

Unread 11-12-2008, 12:42 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
how? fletch scores goals as well as tackles and picks passes.

Unread 11-12-2008, 12:46 AM
marlo

a point i find hilarious.

when comparing midfielders 'goals scored' is important and used to defend one player but the same group justify a STRIKERS performances by saying "its not all about goals"...

think about it people.

im going to watch 'quantom of solace' . night.

Unread 11-12-2008, 12:48 AM
Sloppy

Anderson wont start as ferguson sees him as a carling cup or 2nd string type player.Why i do not know.

Unread 11-12-2008, 06:46 AM
borsuk

anderson is still very inconsistent. when he's good, he's great and we all get excited at what he's capable of. but when he's off, he's nowhere, and he started the season quite poorly.

he's certainly shown signs of picking his form up in the last few weeks and he - like tevez and nani - have responded well to the questions asked of them. hopefully they'll get their reward, tevez especially.

Unread 11-12-2008, 07:55 AM
keano's love

fletcher is a limited player. Put him amongst a group of average midfielders then he might shine.

But as the team has settled, he has become more and more marginalised. In the past few games, he has become invisible. Shrugged off the ball easily and outpaced by the slowest of midfielders.

If he is a regular starter in our midfield when both anderson and scholes are fit, god help us.

we should go with nani, anderson, carrick, ronaldo against spurs. Spurs defence and midfield will be shit scared about the ability to pass and pace of those 4. Jenas will not know what hit him when anderson puts his one of many bone crunching tackles.

Unread 11-12-2008, 09:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Carrick
Fletcher
Anderson
Scholes
Maybe but it took Scholes to realise tonight that trying to go straight through a packed defence constantly was idiotic. To be honest Fergie does love Scholes, wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to Scholes and Carrick in midfield.

Unread 11-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Withers

Anderson had a good game last night, looked better when Scholes came on though.

I think we will go with a three man midfield on Saturday and I think Anderson may be the one to miss out, which will be a tad harsh on him really.
Closed Thread