United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-07-2021, 08:21 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

I play every Thursday. Between 7-9 a side, depending on numbers, on a 3/4 length pitch.

Unread 10-07-2021, 08:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by M33mike
How many on here still play a bit? Browser defo still plays to a decent standard. Easily a minimum of 50 before I try showing off and £#%&! it all up.
Used to play 5 a side once a week well into my 30s. But the long-term damage on my left knee from the 'lorry incident' meant that eventually after playing it would blow up the next day and be agony to walk on.

I had to knock it on the head in the end. Gutted at the time because i really enjoyed it.

Unread 10-07-2021, 08:33 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Used to play 5 a side once a week well into my 30s. But the long-term damage on my left knee from the 'lorry incident' meant that eventually after playing it would blow up the next day and be agony to walk on.

I had to knock it on the head in the end. Gutted at the time because i really enjoyed it.
Forgot you got run over

Lol

Unread 10-07-2021, 08:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Forgot you got run over

Lol

Unread 10-07-2021, 08:38 PM
silv

Quote:

The good old days. Sparkys ups and downs. City boy winthorpe...

Unread 10-07-2021, 08:53 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by M33mike
How many on here still play a bit? Browser defo still plays to a decent standard. Easily a minimum of 50 before I try showing off and £#%&! it all up.
Still going at a good level with training twice a week

As for keepie ups, until my legs tire or I lose concentration.

Unread 10-07-2021, 09:19 PM
Knockers

Do I recall Browser posting a few seconds of utter sex on five-a-side pitch a few years ago? Can totally accept him being a don.

I think I’d get 20 on a good day. Not played football properly since having the @#%&! kids. Even in the power league days skills were irrelevant. You were better off just looking psychotic. My acne scars only went so far.

Unread 10-07-2021, 09:24 PM
M33mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

Fair play pal, and dunk aswell. I still play 7 a side once a week. Was playing 11 a side for a vets team until Xmas but I’ve realised, despite being the youngest there, (humble brag fully £#%&!ing intended) I’m just nowhere near competitive enough to play 11 a side football anymore.

Sparky, it’s a matter of time before my injuries catch up with me, I’d be well gutted if I couldn’t play anymore

Unread 10-07-2021, 09:36 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Including knees? An infinite amount. My knee control is incredible. Without? Who knows but I’ll try in my garden in a bit.
same.

Unread 10-07-2021, 09:42 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:

Yeah I used to play up until I left Norway, 11 and 5 a side but I found it was my lower back that crippled me; I was alright when we played on grass but they play a lot on gravel pitches and I think it was too hard a surface and it just jarred my back.

Unread 10-07-2021, 09:59 PM
d_knight

Remember that Brazilian player that could dribble with the ball on his head?
We were linked with him as well.
The £#%&! happened to him?

Unread 10-07-2021, 10:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
Remember that Brazilian player that could dribble with the ball on his head?
We were linked with him as well.
The £#%&! happened to him?
Kerlon. Went to Inter then faded into obscurity..

Unread 10-07-2021, 10:44 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

Stickers deffo the highest level on here. Very jealous you’re still going, I’d love to be training twice a week and playing 11s competitively but 38 now. A big injury at 30 and 4 years out put paid to my serious football. Came back for a Sunday swansong 34-37 but it never felt as serious, was a joy getting back out there though till the baby arrived and called it a day. Just the odd game of 7s on a Saturday for me now.

It’s enough competition to get your fix but I do miss the good old days, the fitness and the intensity of it. Stick with it as long as you can stickers

Unread 10-07-2021, 10:49 PM
Fat Al

Depressing, but this makes me kind of glad I was always shit at football. I mean, I loved playing but I was £#%&!.

God knows how I'd have handled it if I was halfway decent & just failed to make the grade professionally or like many on here, was getting to the point where I could no longer play.

I came to terms with it very early, that I was never going to be good enough to play at any kind of level.

Unread 10-07-2021, 10:51 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Do I recall Browser posting a few seconds of utter sex on five-a-side pitch a few years ago? Can totally accept him being a don.

My guy

Any excuse..

Unread 10-07-2021, 10:53 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
My guy

Any excuse..

https://youtu.be/GGI_037aHkE

Unread 10-07-2021, 10:53 PM
woody78

I remember practicing as a youngster and getting to about 100.

Haven't attempted them in years.

Still playing 11 aside at 43

Unread 10-07-2021, 10:55 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
My guy

Any excuse..

10/10 for the goal.

3/10 for the celebration.

Unread 10-07-2021, 10:58 PM
M33mike

Quote:
My guy

Any excuse..

Unread 10-07-2021, 11:03 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
10/10 for the goal.

3/10 for the celebration.

fair. Was a shocker.

Was last game of the season and Goal of the season that year won a bottle of Hibiki.

Normally far more muted
Closed Thread