United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Is Erik the right man for us?
Yes 70 97.22%
No 2 2.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 02-04-2023, 09:04 PM
marlo

there should be a jurys still out option.

but my POV is no as it stands.

I think we have given him too much power.
I think his talent ID is amongst the worst I've seen from a 'top manager'
need a director of football because he goes back for rabiot and signs weghorst permanently.

Unread 02-04-2023, 09:06 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
So far we’ve got marlo and GBMUFC demanding his head on a plate. Just curious to see who else wants to join their crew.

Unread 02-04-2023, 09:12 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Victim of his own success in the cups. Squad very depleted. As a severe sceptic of the summer business, most signings came off. Funds released for a Joao Felix or similar in Jan & top 4 a formality.

That said .. bears mentioning that both midfield lynchpins will be 32 come start of next season and a huge amount of minutes on the legs this season, and defence remains very reliant on Varane. Would not be surprised to see a hangover from that. He did have a lot of money to spend in the summer, purse strings were unnecessarily tight in Jan given £ recouped from Ronaldo salary, but expect will need Qatari money to make the next step.

Unread 02-04-2023, 09:14 PM
Ethers

Oh no, Pinhead Zahavi thinks his ‘talent ID’ is poor. I’m shocked.

Unread 02-04-2023, 09:18 PM
GBMUFC2020

Look, we have lost to Arsenal, Man City, Newcastle, Liverpool, Brentford and Villa away. It`s a good job we have been drawn at home in the cups. I said the tactics today were questionable as were the substitutions. We will miss out on the top four at this rate which will be disastrous for the signing of top end players for next season.

Unread 02-04-2023, 09:23 PM
pc6090

Definitely the time to get rid. Can choose between Potter and Rodgers. Either one of them has the perfect pedigree to return us to the top tier

Unread 02-04-2023, 09:35 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
Keep your little clique together. there are plenty who agree with me. If you think today is what United are all about then you can sit in your £#%&!ing armchairs forever and spout shite to each other. here is another opinion not too dissimilar to mine

Weghost was not a necessity. We needed a player to contribute goals after losing ronaldo and martial being unreliable. We need a striker to score us goals so what did that signing actually give the team ?
Just a passenger everygame
Imagine needing to win a game and you sub off the only recognised striker on the pitch at half time. He has done it numerous times. Says it’s all.
@#%&!. Like that other @#%&! who posted ]

Unread 02-04-2023, 09:35 PM
AK14

Who is GBMUFC

Unread 02-04-2023, 09:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
Keep your little clique together. there are plenty who agree with me. If you think today is what United are all about then you can sit in your £#%&!ing armchairs forever and spout shite to each other. here is another opinion not too dissimilar to mine

Weghost was not a necessity. We needed a player to contribute goals after losing ronaldo and martial being unreliable. We need a striker to score us goals so what did that signing actually give the team ?
Just a passenger everygame
Imagine needing to win a game and you sub off the only recognised striker on the pitch at half time. He has done it numerous times. Says it’s all.
Absolutely £#%&!ing clueless.

Unread 02-04-2023, 10:07 PM
92ToBury

We got Weghorst because we're over £900m in debt. We could only afford the fee because we had binned Ronaldo off.

ETH has turned several players around, even upgraded Martial to eating vegetables.

His rehab of Sancho is taking a bit longer. Hopefully Marlo is right and he's a confidence player but I cannot see him and Antony sharing the same flank and both staying happy.

Unread 02-04-2023, 10:09 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
We got Weghorst because we're over £900m in debt. We could only afford the fee because we had binned Ronaldo off.

ETH has turned several players around, even upgraded Martial to eating vegetables.

His rehab of Sancho is taking a bit longer. Hopefully Marlo is right and he's a confidence player but I cannot see him and Antony sharing the same flank and both staying happy.
Sancho will (should) be sold. If club remains in limbo he’ll need to raise funds; if Qatari deal goes through he’ll be non existent in the pecking order.

Unread 02-04-2023, 10:11 PM
MUFC One Love

Strange the way he set the team up today but in terms of personnel he's restricted. The squad is thin. Needs a few more.

Unread 02-04-2023, 10:45 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I’m not sure of your point? That we’ve been beaten by the teams who have beaten us?

Would you prefer that we’ve lost to teams in the bottom half? Or at home?

Nobody wants us to lose games, clearly. But if we’re going to lose games, it’s surely more understandable that they’re away, to the better sides in the league?
Yeah that’s a strange one. Sky showing that one earlier like it’s the only away games we’ve played.

Then saying that won’t win us the title, which nobody said or expected we would.

Trying to think off the top of my head how many away game Newcastle and spurs have won against the top 9. Can’t remember many.

Newcastle won at Spurs. Spurs won at Brighton. Both lost at City. Arsenal aside, not a lot of teams are turning up at the top sides in the country and winning much. Arsenal still haven’t been to Anfield or City either. It’s a strange hill to die on when the target is top four and probably about 65-70 points.

Our away form isn’t great because we’re a team in the early stages of our development. It doesn’t mean we won’t get top four anymore than our home form means we’ll win the title.

Edit:

Just checked

Edit:

Spurs away wins:

Forest
Palace
Brighton
Fulham
Bournemouth

Newcastle away wins:

Fulham
Southampton
Tottenham
Leicester
Forest

Our away wins:

Southampton
Leicester
Wolves
Leeds
Everton
Fulham

Hardly littered with big away wins. We have more away wins than both of them, yet our away form is the one getting dragged across the coals.

Unread 02-04-2023, 11:25 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
there should be a jurys still out option.

but my POV is no as it stands.

I think we have given him too much power.
I think his talent ID is amongst the worst I've seen from a 'top manager'
need a director of football because he goes back for rabiot and signs weghorst permanently.
Absolutely ludicrous opinion. Did he not want any of your Nigerians or something?

Unread 03-04-2023, 06:51 AM
believe

People keep saying we got Weggy because we’re skint but that’s hardly the case. None could have anticipated that two of our forward line would turn in to the shit did, one being a rapist and a massive @#%&! and the other being Mason Greenwood. We hardly ever do big business in the January window and even if we could have who was available at the drop of the hat? Most people were happy with the signing and a lot of people are still happy with it, the manager included.

Same with Sabitzer. Even though I’m not fans of either what I did like was the way we conducted the business in such a last minute panic with very little fuss. That compared to the last ten years of business dealings was positive in itself.

Unread 03-04-2023, 08:16 AM
RedNick80

Sadly, this is why the fan ownership model should be as feared as the Glazers.

Unread 03-04-2023, 09:06 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
People keep saying we got Weggy because we’re skint but that’s hardly the case. None could have anticipated that two of our forward line would turn in to the shit did, one being a rapist and a massive @#%&! and the other being Mason Greenwood. We hardly ever do big business in the January window and even if we could have who was available at the drop of the hat? Most people were happy with the signing and a lot of people are still happy with it, the manager included.

Same with Sabitzer. Even though I’m not fans of either what I did like was the way we conducted the business in such a last minute panic with very little fuss. That compared to the last ten years of business dealings was positive in itself.
That is the case. You think Ten Hag chose to get a Burnley loanee over a striker we'd have to buy?

Unread 03-04-2023, 09:09 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
That is the case. You think Ten Hag chose to get a Burnley loanee over a striker we'd have to buy?
He wanted Arnautovic before the club veto'd it so I wouldn't put it past him...

Also wanted Rabiot before we went for Casemiro...

As for Antony...

Unread 03-04-2023, 09:15 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He wanted Arnautovic before the club veto'd it so I wouldn't put it past him...

Also wanted Rabiot before we went for Casemiro...

As for Antony...
Both very cheap options.... you see a theme here?

Unread 03-04-2023, 09:17 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Both very cheap options.... you see a theme here?
Wouldn't call £65m Big Dog cheap (well worth the money).

Antony for £80m is hardly peanuts...
Closed Thread