United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-08-2008, 09:50 AM
borsuk

fabregas, adebayor, clichy, sagna, toure, rosicky, van persie, eduardo and clichy are all quality players. too early to tell for sure but nasri has a lot of potential, as does ramsay.

they'll be up near to top again and make the latter stages of the cl again.

far too much knee-jerking on here at the best of times. drawing conclusions about the rest of the season on the basis of the first two matches is just daft.

Unread 24-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
fabregas, adebayor, clichy, sagna, toure, rosicky, van persie, eduardo and clichy are all quality players. too early to tell for sure but nasri has a lot of potential, as does ramsay.

far too much knee-jerking on here at the best of times. drawing conclusions about the rest of the season on the basis of the first two matches is just daft.
It's not just based on two matches though - it's based on what i saw in the later stages of last season too and the squad they currently have, i think losing Hleb was a huge blow to them. I think as a passing team they now look like liverpool of the mid 90s - tons of possession but lack of real penetration. I'm going to say they will finish about 6th this year.

Unread 24-08-2008, 10:04 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
It's not just based on two matches though - it's based on what i saw in the later stages of last season too and the squad they currently have, i think losing Hleb was a huge blow to them. I think as a passing team they now look like liverpool of the mid 90s - tons of possession but lack of real penetration. I'm going to say they will finish about 6th this year.

Horseshite

Unread 24-08-2008, 10:17 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

They have two Clichy's? Jammy @#%&!s.

Unread 24-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Fatboy Shrek

There aren't any decent teams who could over take them out of the rest of the pack.

Villa lost to stoke
Blackburn drew at home to hull
Everton lost at home last week
Pompey shipped 4
Spurs

Newcastle maybe

Unread 24-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Fulham 1 Arsenal 0

I still think they have problems with their style of play, i think they've been figured out.

£#%&! it, i'm going to go out on a limb here, as early as it is, and predict that arsenal have their lowest ever premier league finish.
12th then?

Unread 24-08-2008, 12:14 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
12th then?
now don't be cruel

despite the weekend result i reckon villa will do well this year - best chance (with spurs, once they get this berbatov crap out of the way) of challenging liverpool for fourth. good side, attacking football, good balance of youth and experience, some very good young english lads. martin o'neill is doing an exceptional job imo - not least the impressive way he handled the barry situation. he made benitez look a right @#%&!.

the only problem for them is the size (quality) of the squad. i think they'll struggle to cope with the league if they do well in the cups.

Unread 24-08-2008, 12:43 PM
magic_cantona

If Arsenal can sign Xabi Alonso, they will have a very good first 11.Good enough for 3rd place.
Closed Thread