United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2008, 10:39 PM
S/Side.Red

The improvement in standard is huge when you consider that Mali will have a midfield of Sissoko, Seydou Keita and Mahmadou Diarra, with Kanoute up top.

And they're probably not even in the top five or six favourites.

Unread 20-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Coracao

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The improvement in standard is huge when you consider that Mali will have a midfield of Sissoko, Seydou Keita and Mahmadou Diarra, with Kanoute up top.

WUM

Unread 20-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
The improvement in standard is huge when you consider that Mali will have a midfield of [SIZE="6"]Sissoko, Seydou Keita and Mahmadou Diarra, with Kanoute up top.

Amazing - but I think you'll find the clue.

Unread 20-01-2008, 10:46 PM
borsuk

got my vcash on mali

Unread 20-01-2008, 10:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Thought people might pick him out.

He's probably the only one of those mentioned who is actually a lot worse than he was two years ago.

Unread 20-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
WUM
Surely

Unread 20-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge

Perhaps on balance, he's just a £#%&!ing dweeb who posts shite relentlessly.

Unread 20-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Ed Sullivan

I've sky+ all the Angola games

Unread 20-01-2008, 10:54 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
some of the people who post on this site belong back over on RI.

they are still trying to grasp how to be critical and negative with any level of skill

a positive post/thread just bemuses them
Precisely, it's ridiculous how some people just seek conflict no matter what. If the thread doesn't interest you then nobody is forcing you to open the thread and then proceeding to respond to it. Childish and unnecessary.

Unread 20-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
I've sky+ all the Angola games
Gonna go watch them in the local I think, should be quite the atmosphere. They've got some flags up already, and JJB have just had a new shipment of Angola shirts in.

Unread 20-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Precisely, it's ridiculous how some people just seek conflict no matter what. If the thread doesn't interest you then nobody is forcing you to open the thread and then proceeding to respond to it. Childish and unnecessary.
Absolutely spot on.

Tell me - do you have a massive ariel on the top of your council flat, a bank of TVs and your finger constantly poised ready to post the latest news from the Slovakian Invitation League Cup?

Unread 20-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
He's probably the only one of those mentioned who is actually a lot worse than he was two years ago.
Was he ever good? As a footballer, I mean, rather than someone who runs about a lot. At Valencia he cut an impressive figure, and always looked like he should be good, but basically he did £#%&! all.

He's a had a few good matches over the years, matches where he's run about a lot and not had to do anything with the ball, but from what I've seen his complete lack of footballing ability nearly always lets him down in the end.

Unread 20-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Coracao

I'm looking at putting a few quid on tomorrow.

I'm thinking of putting it on Mali, but i know £#%&! all about Benin.

Who plays for them?

Odds are currrently:

Mali 1.71
Benin 6.2
Draw 3.75

Unread 20-01-2008, 11:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Was he ever good? As a footballer, I mean, rather than someone who runs about a lot. At Valencia he cut an impressive figure, and always looked like he should be good, but basically he did £#%&! all.

He's a had a few good matches over the years, matches where he's run about a lot and not had to do anything with the ball, but from what I've seen his complete lack of footballing ability nearly always lets him down in the end.
I'm not sure he was ever that good, no, but I think he was better than he is now. I remember his initial impact at Liverpool and reception from the general media was quite positive. I've heard he's not been the same since that eye injury that kept him out for a while, but whatever the reason he's definitely gone backwards. Certainly gives the ball away a hell of a lot.

Unread 20-01-2008, 11:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I'm looking at putting a few quid on tomorrow.

I'm thinking of putting it on Mali, but i know £#%&! all about Benin.

Who plays for them?

Odds are currrently:

Mali 1.71
Benin 6.2
Draw 3.75
Benin's main player is a lad called Razak Omotoyossi, who plays upfront with Henrik Larsson at Helsingborgs in Sweden. Looking at their squad, their strongest based player plays for Sion in Switzerland. They've even got a player from Accrington Stanley. Not the best squad, I'd suggest.

Unread 20-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
I'm not sure he was ever that good, no, but I think he was better than he is now. I remember his initial impact at Liverpool and reception from the general media was quite positive. I've heard he's not been the same since that eye injury that kept him out for a while, but whatever the reason he's definitely gone backwards. Certainly gives the ball away a hell of a lot.
Remember against us last year where he just booted the ball straight up into the air.

Unread 20-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Coracao

Surely one of most memorable African football moments

Unread 20-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
I tend to think it was a similar story to what happened at Valencia. He looks like such a dominant figure that you think he should be good, but he really isn't. Plus he runs about a lot.

Unread 20-01-2008, 11:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Yeah, makes you wonder how Rafa didn't notice his lack of ability at Valencia.

Still, it's a big step for Mali to be talking about about a guy who plays at the highest level in European football as being their weakest midfielder.

Unread 20-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Yeah, makes you wonder how Rafa didn't notice his lack of ability at Valencia.
Benitez loves grafters. He always has done. He thinks you can make up for lack of quality with the amount of miles you run. Given a choice betweeen a player with great ability and a poor work rate, and a player with poor ability and a great work rate, he would always choose the latter. Of course, I'm sure he'd ideally have players with both, but they're not easy to find.
Closed Thread