United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-08-2010, 02:24 PM
safingtons

Default Re: Anderson - can he step it up this year?

He'll be world class.

Unread 18-08-2010, 02:29 PM
El Chalten

Anderson > Ozil

nft.

Unread 18-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Withers

He's dog shit.

Will be at Boro or Sunderland next year.

Unread 18-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Sullingtons

I always said he looks like he has a bit of downs in him.

Unread 18-08-2010, 02:31 PM
safingtons

Seriously the thread author makes a great point, he was really good in his first season as a teenager, theres a lot to work on there, just a bit more professionalism from the boy and a run in the side and we'll see his quality again i'm sure.

Certainly not a 'shite' player or someone we should sell asap. The same idiots abusing Ando are the same ones who tried to force Nani out of the club.

Unread 18-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Seriously the thread author makes a great point, he was really good in his first season as a teenager, theres a lot to work on there, just a bit more professionalism from the boy and a run in the side and we'll see his quality again i'm sure.

Certainly not a 'shite' player or someone we should sell asap. The same idiots abusing Ando are the same ones who tried to force Nani out of the club.
Yep. Came very close to by posting sentences on a forum neither he or the club are aware of.

Seriously

Unread 18-08-2010, 02:37 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Yep. Came very close to by posting sentences on a forum neither he or the club are aware of.

Seriously
Just because you don't 'go the game'.

Unread 18-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Sullingtons

I still don't think Nani will be here past a year or two.

Get rid of fat arse certainly though.

Unread 18-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Just because you don't 'go the game'.
English please.

Unread 18-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
you say, DV, that he makes wasteful, lung busting runs but that he doesn't seem to be making forward runs from midfield anymore...

Probs been told about the former but not yet worked out when it is appropriate to make the runs. See Scholes the other night against Newcastle, he knows how to 'pace himself' etc, as you put it.

Probably just inexperience and maybe a bit of balooning on the side. Lots of potential, still. Up to him whether or not he looks at scholes and giggs and decides to follow their lead.
I meant more that he doesn't seem to dribble with the ball much from midfield. That's a really useful quality to have in your side; a player who can carry it in the central areas, as we've seen sometimes when Giggs has been playing centrally, like against Chelsea at home 2 seasons ago.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Could be class, he said himself that his leg break caused issues with his confidence when it came to running with the ball. If he can add the old side of his game to the experience he gained in his first year we'll have a proper box to box midfielder with a very high skill level. His shooting has been £#%&! but again that's an issue of confidence imo as he's proved that he can finish. Yet again on the internet it's a case of too many too willing to write off a young player. I think the main reason there was no big signing in centre mid was that Fergie still has faith he'll come good and so do I. If we sold him now I reckon we'd regret it as we watched him develop in to one hell of a player elsewhere.
1. Ah, never saw that. Massive shame, hopefully he'll get it back.

2. Like I said in the first post, he doesn't seem to be able to pace himself in central midfield, and is prone to ballwatching. Maybe that'll come with experience but perhaps he should be used further up the pitch where ball watching won't harm us too much from a defensive point of view and where investing all that energy would be much more useful.

3. Yes, I hope Fergie still has faith in the player.

Perhaps it was too short a time to tell, but in the match he picked up his injury last season, he'd come back into the side after a spell out of it and his 'attitude' did look better.

Missing out on the signings we have done, for whatever reason, won't be so much of an issue if Anderson can fufill his promise. A key part of that will be playing him in a position where he will be the most effective. It looked like he could be effective deep in midfield in his first season, but to me, because of the things I mentioned it doesn't look that way anymore.

Maybe Fergie is reluctant to use him further up the pitch because his use of the ball isn't always sensible. I hoped that playing/training with Scholes would help him learn when to go for the killer or ambitious pass.

Unread 18-08-2010, 02:50 PM
dodger

Ah Jimmy Anderson, gotcha. No he'll never quite cut it.

Unread 18-08-2010, 02:51 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Blackpool would be ideal
he would overdose on candyfloss and blackpool rock

Unread 18-08-2010, 02:51 PM
carlosartorial

Rather than having this discussion next August, can we just bump this thread?

Unread 18-08-2010, 02:52 PM
MJ Ramone

I like big, fat Ando ...& I've always been convinced he's quality, but it's up to him to prove it.

The uncertainty that hangs over our midfield is a bit of a worry tbf.

Unread 18-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I like big, fat Ando ...& I've always been convinced he's quality, but it's up to him to prove it.

The uncertainty that hangs over our midfield is a bit of a worry tbf.

It's the bit that hangs over his midrift that worries me

Unread 18-08-2010, 03:32 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
It's the bit that hangs over his midrift that worries me
tsk tsk

Unread 18-08-2010, 03:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
3. Yes, I hope Fergie still has faith in the player.
Of course he will. It was only about 18 months ago that Fergie talked about Anderson in the same breath as Keane and Robson. Fortunately, Fergie doesn't lack the perspective of a lot of football watchers. He is well aware that going through difficulties, both in their growth as players and as people, is common for young players, and he's always been prepared to be patient if he believes the potential will reward it. He'll still believe he can turn Anderson into the world-class player he should be.

Unread 18-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Tumescent Throb

push pineapple shake the tree

Unread 18-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Coracao

He needs to start showing improvement. If anything, he has gone backwards.

No pre-season doesn't really bode well considering his fitness, or lack of.

Unread 18-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Albert Tatlock

He thinks he's Ronaldhino, but without the track record
Closed Thread