Originally Posted by Coracao
Keeping saying it and it eventually might come true
ok

Unread 29-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
ok
I just find it an utter shit argument, sorry.

It is also one that makes little sense. The addition of Park, gives far more balance to the side.

It is also one that this seasons results* frankly, make a mockery of (Considering I assume you believe we are carrying a player when both of them play).

W 8 (Bolton, West Brom x 2, Stoke, City, Sunderland, Boro, Chelsea) D 3 (Villareal, Chelsea, Everton)

Unread 29-01-2009, 03:28 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
................................VDs

Brown.......Rio.......Evans.....Evra

Ronaldo....Carrick...Fletcher...Park

...........Rooney....Berbatov

The only possible change I can envisage is Rooney in place of Park and another central midfielder added. Which on form, you'd have to pick Giggs.
If everyone is fit, that is almost certainly the side that will start in Milan - with any luck, Vidic will avoid a ban

Unread 29-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Ether

One of either Scholes or Giggs will definitely start over there imo.

Unread 29-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Sloppy

We'll shit em.

Unread 29-01-2009, 03:32 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
One of either Scholes or Giggs will definitely start over there imo.
Probbly right, Fergie often likes his experienced players in big Euro aways.

Unread 29-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
If everyone is fit, that is almost certainly the side that will start in Milan - with any luck, Vidic will avoid a ban
Will be interesting to see what Fergie does with right back for the rest of the season. Neville has actually surprised me, as he has progressed quite well (I thought he was completely finished). I'd be more confident with Wes there though, especially away.

Unread 29-01-2009, 03:38 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Will be interesting to see what Fergie does with right back for the rest of the season. Neville has actually surprised me, as he has progressed quite well (I thought he was completely finished). I'd be more confident with Wes there though, especially away.
I think Nev has been excellent recently and Wes didn't start the season well and got injured. I might stick with Nev there.

Unread 29-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
I just find it an utter shit argument, sorry.

It is also one that makes little sense. The addition of Park, gives far more balance to the side.

It is also one that this seasons results* frankly, make a mockery of (Considering I assume you believe we are carrying a player when both of them play).

W 8 (Bolton, West Brom x 2, Stoke, City, Sunderland, Boro, Chelsea) D 3 (Villareal, Chelsea, Everton)
I believe that both Park and Fletcher are excellent players and unlike others would not ever dis them.

I should really adjust the point as well, I only mean against the bigger teams

Just think it provides a little bit of an imbalance sometimes, but maybe i'm being harsh. I think our best midfield is with one of them in just not both, there isn't any need because the work they do is phenominal and we can best utilise that by having more creativity next to them.

Giggs/Scholes, Carrick, Park/Fletcher is a dream midfield 3 for me

Unread 29-01-2009, 03:42 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
He's done better then I expected, but I'd hate to see him up against a winger with genuine pace. Hopefully, Wes can get back to the standards he set last year and become first choice RB again.

Unread 29-01-2009, 03:43 PM
antonin jablonsky

Serie A experts, what would be Inters likely lineup?

Unread 29-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

looking forward to these matches of course, but they fall too early in the season for them to define how far we've come as a team

hopefully we'll be clicking through the gears as March rolls into April, but the period in between now and then is way too hectic for any real true gauge of where we're at to be made

if we can keep getting results over the next 6 weeks without any real spanners being thrown in the works we'll be looking at a fantastic season of course

of course we need to play some top class football if we are to progress, but hopefully we aren't going to be at the peak of our powers for the Inter games, or the League Cup final or vermin matches for that matter - it's too early in the season if we have genuine aspirations of prevailing in Rome, as surely we must have.

Unread 29-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I believe that both Park and Fletcher are excellent players and unlike others would not ever dis them.

I should really adjust the point as well, I only mean against the bigger teams

Just think it provides a little bit of an imbalance sometimes, but maybe i'm being harsh. I think our best midfield is with one of them in just not both, there isn't any need because the work they do is phenominal and we can best utilise that by having more creativity next to them.

Giggs/Scholes, Carrick, Park/Fletcher is a dream midfield 3 for me
The problem I have with the team that you have put forward with

Ronaldo............Berbatov.........Rooney

Is that I believe Rooney is then going to be dragged out wide left, where he has to track back and help the full back. I think it is more balanced when we have Park left.

How many times have we actually gone with 3 central midfielders this season? I can't think of many ocassions. Even the game at Anfield, Rooney and Anderson were playing in wide positions (that still £#%&!ing baffles me). I could imagine Fergie changing it for a game like this, but it is surprising how litle he has used it this season.

Unread 29-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
The problem I have with the team that you have put forward with

Ronaldo............Berbatov.........Rooney

Is that I believe Rooney is then going to be dragged out wide left, where he has to track back and help the full back. I think it is more balanced when we have Park left.

How many times have we actually gone with 3 central midfielders this season? I can't think of many ocassions. Even the game at Anfield, Rooney and Anderson were playing in wide positions (that still £#%&!ing baffles me). I could imagine Fergie changing it for a game like this, but it is surprising how litle he has used it this season.

I've been thinking about this a bit more and you are right about balance. It depends on the role that Park has.

The team I put up is not really Rooney on the left, the 3 of them are pretty interchangeable. Width would be from the full backs.

Unread 29-01-2009, 04:30 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
The team I put up is not really Rooney on the left, the 3 of them are pretty interchangeable. Width would be from the full backs.
Yes, but in an away game in a European tie, we're never going to leave three players up the pitch while we defend. If you look back to last season, Rooney was required to track back on the left (effectively becoming a left sided midfielder) when we weren't in possession. If we don't play Park, I think (based on how we've played in Europe since Rooney joined) Wayne would be required to undertake a similar role.

Regarding Giggs & Scholes. Given Ryan's performance against Chelsea, maybe Fergie will be tempted to play him. But my hunch is, either Giggs or Scholes will only make an appearance as a sub.

Unread 29-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Yes, but in an away game in a European tie, we're never going to leave three players up the pitch while we defend. If you look back to last season, Rooney was required to track back on the left (effectively becoming a left sided midfielder) when we weren't in possession. If we don't play Park, I think (based on how we've played in Europe since Rooney joined) Wayne would be required to undertake a similar role.

Regarding Giggs & Scholes. Given Ryan's performance against Chelsea, maybe Fergie will be tempted to play him. But my hunch is, either Giggs or Scholes will only make an appearance as a sub.
I hope Giggs starts

If I was Fergie i'd be planning the games he'll be rested in now.

Unread 29-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Coracao

Quote:

That is my fear too.

Quote:

If I was Fergie i'd be planning the games he'll be rested in now.
The fixtures have actually fallen quite well for us. The two games prior to Inter away are both at home. We were then supposed to play Portsmouth at home, but the Carling Cup final is after it now.

Unread 29-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
That is my fear too.

Hardly a problem if we win the CL though really

Unread 29-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Hardly a problem if we win the CL though really
With the dip in Ronaldo's form this season, I think we need Rooney in a position to hurt teams. Rather than sacrificing parts of his game.
Closed Thread