United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-09-2008, 05:07 PM
MJ Ramone

Well, Scholesy is suspended for Wednesday so I imagine the pairing will be Anderson & Hargreaves in centre mid.
I'm happy with that.
If they do well then they should start at Stamford Bridge. Fletcher will probably feature too.

Hopefully we won't see Rooney stuck out on the RW again (surely Fergie could be done for 'Crimes against Football' for his part in that nonsense)

As already pointed out, if he wants to play all 3 strikers he has to do it with a 4-3-3 or a 4-3-2-1 etc..

Wes & Paddy hardly got forward at all yesterday because Liverpool took advantage of our out of position 'wingers'

Unread 14-09-2008, 05:13 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

But, it is worth noting that Anderson was very poor, in both his touch and his passing, very poor. His position on the field should not affect that. He definitely needs games.
i thought its understandable for a plater to have a poor first touch when playing out of position.

thats the defences' evidence always presented in the case of wayne rooney when he plays out of position.

tbh as i said in august we are struggling to score just like i said we will with scholes in midfield. its no wonder we are resulting to long balls because the defenders know feeding in scholes will only resort in the ball coming back to them.
scholes now, against good midfields always turns his back and plays it back or easily sideways..yesterday he was so pressured he was turning off the pitch (you didnt miss the two occasions that happen did you)

hargreaves and anderson will be brilliant on wednesday.
only found out scholes was suspended for wednesday today..and its my birthday wednesday as well. good gift.

Unread 14-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
and its my birthday wednesday as well. good gift.
Happy birthday.

Unread 14-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Happy birthday.
Cheers.

Unread 14-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Cheers.

Unread 14-09-2008, 05:19 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Cheers.

is it your birthday as well?

Unread 14-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Cheers.
whens yours?

Unread 14-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Camel

Quote:
Cheers.

Unread 14-09-2008, 05:23 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'd pick Carrick and Anderson as the midfield 2 or next weekend in an ideal World, but without Carrick we will struggle, a lot.

We were fine until Carrick got that knock yesterday, after that we struggled. No energy no presence, throughout the team. Scholes was overran from that point on.
Yep. For me, Carrick has to play pretty much every single game. Have we had any news on his injury yet?

Unread 14-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep. For me, Carrick has to play pretty much every single game. Have we had any news on his injury yet?
yeah, he's done in his right ankle.

Unread 14-09-2008, 05:35 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Most important midfielder.

Unread 14-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Ether

Quote:
Had it x-rayed and nothing was broken. Fergie said he's doubtful for wednesday, but hopefully that means he's got a chance for the weekend. We really need him.

Unread 14-09-2008, 05:48 PM
borsuk

scholes was terrible on saturday, but then the whole m/f was terrible on saturday. for me fletcher has to start the next two games in a central position. he's been our most in-form m/f in pre-season (though he was shite for scotland against macedonia) and his energy and the goal threat he appears to have added will be important. i'm sure nani will get a start in both games as well.

vds
wes - rio - o'shea - evra
hargreaves - fletcher - anderson - nani
rooney
berbatov

tevez rested to play against chelsea

Unread 14-09-2008, 06:16 PM
jem

Default I hate fletch

but even I will admit he's had a good couple of games and is our talisman against chelsea.

however, I am not desperate enough to say he should play.

I think vds could do with a think, too.

tommy k

neville g - snoop - brown - evra

nani - hargreaves - carrick* - tevez

rooney -----

----- berbatov
* or (gulp) o'shea.

Unread 14-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Ether

What's Tevez done to deserve getting shunted on to the left?? He's been our best attacking player this season.

Unread 14-09-2008, 06:31 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
What's Tevez done to deserve getting shunted on to the left?? .

scored and looked like a genuine goal threat are his main offences

Unread 14-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Grimson

Chelsea are a great side and don't lose at home. A point would do just fine.

Unread 14-09-2008, 06:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
but even I will admit he's had a good couple of games and is our talisman against chelsea.

tommy k

rooney -----

----- berbatov
* or (gulp) o'shea.
Kuszczak, Neville and O'Shea all starting at Stamford Bridge? There wouldn't be much point showing up.

Unread 14-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

tommy k

rooney -----

----- berbatov

* or (gulp) o'shea.

NO NO and thrice NO!!!

VDS had a mare Sat but contemplate the PIG is just madness!

I have never felt confident with him in net

If Foster was fit then yes possibly

Unread 14-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
scored and looked like a genuine goal threat are his main offences
I'm baffled at the lack of credit he gets from some people on here.
Closed Thread