United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Rhodzy

Unread 21-12-2007, 05:38 PM
dunk

So we have actually signed him then?

Is he going to be in the squad from 1st Jan?

WTFIGO?

Unread 21-12-2007, 05:39 PM
1MUFC

Thought this was a wum and took no notice of it but have just found out . So is he going to be like a proper 1st team striker ?

Bit out of the blue isn’t it really, papers or anything not having the slightest, being signed from some unknown league. Will be very interesting how he turns out.

Unread 21-12-2007, 06:10 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
Thought this was a wum and took no notice of it but have just found out . So is he going to be like a proper 1st team striker ?

Bit out of the blue isn’t it really, papers or anything not having the slightest, being signed from some unknown league. Will be very interesting how he turns out.
Ferguson said he doesn't expect him to be a first team player yet (eg at all this season).

Unread 21-12-2007, 06:13 PM
</forzagarza>

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Ferguson said he doesn't expect him to be a first team player yet (eg at all this season).
i.e. he's a load of £#%&!ing shite and United have paid so Fergie can get his Chrsitmas bonus from his agent.

Unread 21-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
"At this time of year, it is always difficult to get the players you would like to get.
Actually that quote is a genuine 2007 quote, I know he says it at this time every year. I just hope that in the summer he wont say that he'll wait till January and then trot that shite out again next year.

BTW, anyone know how much we've paid? I hope it was £#%&! all, surely if he was going to make it he'd have made it by now? Anyone seen anything of him playing? You should have seen what Veron did in training.

Unread 21-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Ether

Quote:
I scored in a training match
£#%&!ing hell, let's start him on Sunday then if that's the case.

Unread 21-12-2007, 06:41 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
Carlos was born in Mozambique.
oh yeah. bums.

Unread 21-12-2007, 06:48 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
£#%&!ing hell, let's start him on Sunday then if that's the case.

Unread 21-12-2007, 07:07 PM
quackhandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
It was mentioned on the BBC website about a month ago actually, but still, know nowt about him!

Unread 21-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Salien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Actually that quote is a genuine 2007 quote, I know he says it at this time every year. I just hope that in the summer he wont say that he'll wait till January and then trot that shite out again next year.

BTW, anyone know how much we've paid? I hope it was £#%&! all, surely if he was going to make it he'd have made it by now? Anyone seen anything of him playing? You should have seen what Veron did in training.
Wasn't Solskjaer 23 when he signed? No one knew who he was and look gow that turned out. Give the lad a chance before you pass judgement just because you haven't heard of him.

Unread 21-12-2007, 07:15 PM
marlo stansfield

looks like the club have no faith in saha..

also read else where barring ronaldo who was out of the country...louis saha didnt attend the xmas party!

Unread 21-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Why would he trot out that line in the Summer. It's not as if we'll be completely inactive, that was hardly the case last Summer. To an extent he's right re January although I'm sure he trotted that quote out before we signed Vidic and Evra too. If Utd approach next Summer carefully - and were they to bag a striker in January - then I'd argue they don't need anymore than 2 new faces.

Unread 21-12-2007, 07:30 PM
</forzagarza>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salien
Wasn't Solskjaer 23 when he signed? No one knew who he was and look gow that turned out. Give the lad a chance before you pass judgement just because you haven't heard of him.
There's a gulf between 23 and 24. At a guess I'd say you're 22 and there's things like this you haven't learnt yet.

Unread 21-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Salien

Quote:
Originally Posted by </forzagarza>
There's a gulf between 23 and 24. At a guess I'd say you're 22 and there's things like this you haven't learnt yet.
Wrong. I'm 28 and you can also only guess about the guy's ability.

Unread 21-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Spiffy

Quote:

I said right at the start I could be wrong, I was pissed off when we signed Eric FFS.
Solskjaer was a one off. How many 24 year olds that you've never heard of come good? I hope he does but the odds are against him.

Unread 21-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Salien

Quote:
I said right at the start I could be wrong, I was pissed off when we signed Eric FFS.
Solskjaer was a one off. How many 24 year olds that you've never heard of come good? I hope he does but the odds are against him.
Can't argue with that. I admit it is unlikely that he is going to set the world alight, but you never know. I just think that we can't really lose in this deal since he has probably cost next to nothing in fee and wages.

All i'm saying is give the guy a chance. I for one kind of miss the days when we signed some unheard of player that is a real surprise. I can't wait to see him play.

Unread 21-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Can't argue with that. I admit it is unlikely that he is going to set the world alight, but you never know. I just think that we can't really lose in this deal since he has probably cost next to nothing in fee and wages.

All i'm saying is give the guy a chance. I for one kind of miss the days when we signed some unheard of player that is a real surprise. I can't wait to see him play.
Fergie said it's unlikely he will be involved with the first team this season.

Unread 21-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Salien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Fergie said it's unlikely he will be involved with the first team this season.
It's a strange move either way. I bet he probably just needs the African nations cup games under his belt to get the caps he needs for a permit.

I just can't see Fergie going for this kind of signing unless he has something about him.

Where does it say he won't be in the first team?

Unread 21-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
“If we can get the work permit we can map out a future for him, but I wouldn’t see him as a first-team player this season.”
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....al_for_manucho
Closed Thread