United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-08-2020, 01:56 PM
bosskeano

fantastic talent...better option than Koulibaly IMO

guess they've had a transfer plan change away from Sancho if they are going to sign DVB and looking to sign Upamecano b/c they could have signed him for 40m before he signed his new contract. They'll have to probably pay an extra 10-15m to get him now otherwise they have to wait until the end of the season for that release clause to become active

Unread 31-08-2020, 06:17 PM
bosskeano

The young centre-back has been tipped with becoming Solskjaer’s second signing of the window after the Reds agreed a £40m move for Ajax’s Donny van de Beek yesterday, as per Sky Sports.

One person who rates Upamecano very highly is ex-pro Darren Bent, speaking on TalkSport earlier today, Bent said: “Koulibaly seems to be the one people speak about, but when I watched him in the Champions League, he wasn’t great at all.

“I like the Leipzig centre-half, he really impressed me and against Spurs in the Champions League group stages he was superb.

“He’s one I thought a lot more people would have gone for. I think he’s better than Koulibaly.”

Unread 31-08-2020, 06:22 PM
dunk

Next!

Hmm. Give them £50m and Smalling. Bargain.

Unread 31-08-2020, 07:32 PM
bosskeano

£50m plus a player would be a good piece of business for the 21 yr old....you'll see a ton of teams come in for him if he's still at Red Bull come the end of the 2021 season. That buyout clause is ridiculously low.

Unread 31-08-2020, 07:33 PM
ScarFace

Do we have an official energy drink sponsor? Just offer them a sneaky deal,

Unread 31-08-2020, 11:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Hope he signs I’ve got some great meccano puns lined up
Upamecano - he makes things (happen)

Unread 01-09-2020, 08:41 AM
Vedder

Unread 01-09-2020, 08:53 AM
Dr Stranger

Get it £#%&!ing done.

Him and Donny Brasco for £80-90m would be brilliant business.

Unread 01-09-2020, 01:53 PM
bosskeano

he's got the combination of strength and pace that would make a very good partnership with Maguire

Unread 01-09-2020, 01:55 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Absolute player this lad. Fingers crossed

Unread 01-09-2020, 03:16 PM
puressence

possibly the signing of the summer ...

Unread 01-09-2020, 08:52 PM
dunk

£#%&!ing hell, I hope that’s true

Unread 01-09-2020, 09:01 PM
Cream

Lindelof ain’t it. Bailly is a physical catastrophe.

We need to take a punt.

Unread 01-09-2020, 10:46 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Lindelof ain’t it. Bailly is a physical catastrophe.

We need to take a punt.
Might as well start Smalling then.

Unread 01-09-2020, 11:07 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://twitter.com/probrorox99/stat...011681280?s=21

f***ing hell, I hope that’s true
any truth to the 37.5m and we should be knocking down their door in the middle of the night to steal him

Unread 01-09-2020, 11:35 PM
Scholseyfanforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Agree - these two plus a DM would be perfect. But way too perfect to actually happen
Agree. I'd be thrilled with that.

- DMF - Kante(pure defensive option - best in the world. Transfer Listed recently) / Alcantara(two way quality player. great technique in the middle. mad wage demands though)
- Maybe add a 20m LB as bonus - Reguilon / Pervis Estupinan
- Loan Bale for under 120k/week and Ighalo as bench strength for injuries and Cup runs. James Rodriguez available on a free transfer too.

I feel that is the quality of bench strength we need to be able to realistically compete on 3-4 fronts.

We shouldn't be short of goals with
- a maturing front 3
- Bruno, Pogba and VDB's creativity and goal threat
- upgraded defensive line leading to better / more counter chances and confidence for the attacking players to go all out.

Unread 02-09-2020, 03:44 AM
Chris Quayd

Good post scholesy lad, I too think signing Uppers, Kante, Thiago, VDB, James, Bale and Reguilon would be solid business. Wouldn’t be against a new goalie too, perhaps Oblak?

Unread 02-09-2020, 09:14 AM
dunk

Unread 02-09-2020, 09:22 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholseyfanforever
Agree. I'd be thrilled with that.

- DMF - Kante(pure defensive option - best in the world. Transfer Listed recently) / Alcantara(two way quality player. great technique in the middle. mad wage demands though)
- Maybe add a 20m LB as bonus - Reguilon / Pervis Estupinan
- Loan Bale for under 120k/week and Ighalo as bench strength for injuries and Cup runs. James Rodriguez available on a free transfer too.

I feel that is the quality of bench strength we need to be able to realistically compete on 3-4 fronts.

We shouldn't be short of goals with
- a maturing front 3
- Bruno, Pogba and VDB's creativity and goal threat
- upgraded defensive line leading to better / more counter chances and confidence for the attacking players to go all out.
Ey up, Louis van Gaal's logged on

Unread 02-09-2020, 09:45 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Good post scholesy lad, I too think signing Uppers, Kante, Thiago, VDB, James, Bale and Reguilon would be solid business. Wouldn’t be against a new goalie too, perhaps Oblak?

Messi available.

Upamecano, less so.
Closed Thread