United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 28-11-2015, 11:51 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
So, over 9 hours without conceding from open play. We'll be tested today that's for sure with this lot. They didn't play mid-week either so stand by for waves of attacks from Leicester. Think it was Sparky who said this could well be another "Arsenal"
If we win this it will be the result of the season so far.
1-1
They don't play like Arsenal, though. Leicester won't subject us to waves of attack unless we are completely open. They let you have the ball and play on the break. Lot of their goals come in the second half. That's obviously a danger to us, but I'm not expecting them to come flying out the traps.

Unread 28-11-2015, 11:51 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
maybe strikers have runs of form, just seems like most could manage it given a fair wind and a favourable fixture list.

suppose it's stood for a while though. i don't recall much of a fuss when ruud did it; maybe time has blurred the details.
Ruud's was spread over two seasons which gives it lesser value.

Unread 28-11-2015, 11:58 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Ruud's was spread over two seasons which gives it lesser value.
Does it?

Unread 28-11-2015, 12:15 PM
Billy Redface

I want us to win 4-1 with Vardy scoring a consolation in the last minute.

Strangely, I can see us doing OK today. The way Leicester play might suit us. I'd be more concerned/bored if we were playing a team that sit back. I'm not massively convinced by Leicester and I can see us nicking it.

1-2.

Unread 28-11-2015, 12:16 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Does it?
When Vardy got to 9 people were talking about how he'd achieved a record then because "he's done it properly"

I don't recall a big deal when Ruud got to 10. I remember Sturridge got to 8 and there was a £#%&!-fest.

Unread 28-11-2015, 12:16 PM
Clarkie

Have we got any players left?

Unread 28-11-2015, 12:18 PM
Switching Off

Top of the league by 7.30pm

Unread 28-11-2015, 12:19 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Top of the league by 7.30pm
That's a LOT of stoppage time. ..

EDIT : Thought we were the lunchtime game.

Erm, excuse me....

Unread 28-11-2015, 12:57 PM
NegativeNorris

Leicester can't defend at all, so we'll certainly get some chances. I think Lingard will be suited to this game as we need the pace, and their defence is very wobbly. Martial, Memphis and Lingard will create chances.
They'll just do their usual, and very effective, counter attacking. Vardy and Mahrez will surely target Blinds lack of pace, so that will be interesting to see how that goes. They're a decent side, but looking at the amount of goals they concede I think they're really riding their luck. They could quite easily be mid table, and after their run of games coming up, they may well be.

Should be a good game though.

Unread 28-11-2015, 01:13 PM
ZiggyStardust

Unread 28-11-2015, 01:15 PM
elhombre

draw.

Unread 28-11-2015, 01:22 PM
Mr_Ed

Only a convincing win will make me happy. Watching united is exhausting these days.

Leicester... Should be a 2 goal away win

Unread 28-11-2015, 01:22 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I want us to win 4-1 with Vardy scoring a consolation in the last minute.

Strangely, I can see us doing OK today. The way Leicester play might suit us. I'd be more concerned/bored if we were playing a team that sit back. I'm not massively convinced by Leicester and I can see us nicking it.

1-2.
The 2 players who will have the biggest influence on this game are Rooney and Vardy. Wayne showing no signs that he can be the game changer today. Swap Rooney for Vardy (Alan Sugar style - The Apprentice) and I'd subscribe to your prediction.

Unread 28-11-2015, 01:29 PM
Child of Darkness

I'm not watching it . It's too £#%&!ing boring . I keep tuning in all giddy and its soul crushingly tedious shite .

It's not utd IMO it's .... I don't know what the £#%&! it is tbh ........but its not the team I grew up dreaming of playing for .

I'm out .

Will probably still watch .

Unread 28-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Only a convincing win will make me happy. Watching united is exhausting these days.

Leicester... Should be a 2 goal away win
Well that ain't happening.

All the £#%&!ing cosmic turds are aligning for an excruciatingly shit evening's football. That rat faced, wicked witch chinned @#%&! Vardy is looking to break a record set by one of our players, we could possibly go top with a win and Leicester play the kind of fast aggressive football that saw us utterly implode at Arsenal. All signs point to yet more crushing disappointment.

If we manage a win i'll be absolutely stunned.

Unread 28-11-2015, 01:33 PM
Jethro

1-3

Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
I'm not watching it . It's too £#%&!ing boring . I keep tuning in all giddy and its soul crushingly tedious shite .

It's not utd IMO it's .... I don't know what the £#%&! it is tbh ........but its not the team I grew up dreaming of playing for .

I'm out .

Will probably still watch .
LvG is executing Brendan's death by football better than Brendan ever did

andyroo

Vardy is going to dive for a bogus penalty and be the toast of the nation.

Again.

Unread 28-11-2015, 01:35 PM
jem

injuries will hurt us more than leicester. and then leicester will hurt us.

Unread 28-11-2015, 01:41 PM
ashtonred

Golden scenario? 3-0 United win then feet up tonight in front of motd.
Think about it .....