United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-09-2008, 10:15 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
We know you're an Anderson hate dunk.
I don't hate him, I think he should be a £#%&!ing brilliant player.

The only issue I had with him last season was his lack of fitness, his performances in the main were excellent, but he has dropped off performance wise and has been poor since about March. In fairness, there were lot of mitigating factors for his performances last season but he should have benefitted from last season and has had a much better pre-season than most, but is apparently 'short of the required fitness' and has been £#%&!ing woeful on the pitch, failing to do even the basics right.

I fully expect him to be one of the bet attacking midfielders around, in the not too distant future, but he has yet to achieve anything of any real substance in the final third of the pitch in a year, so he has a £#%&! of a lot to do IMO.

Unread 18-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Whalefish

How much of a Summer break did he get? When did he have to be with the Brazil team for the Olympics? In short, I don't think his pre season has been that great or ideal. The conditioning needed for the Olympics probably won't have been the same as that needed for the demands of the PL. However the lad flew back and asked to be included in the Utd set up straight away. Pat on the back there, I reckon he had the opportunity of a few weeks off.

It's still early days in the campaign, even if we lose on Sunday. I'm not worrying too much. It's not ideal, but I'm sure we'll turn it around and big Andy will be an important player.

Unread 18-09-2008, 10:35 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
How much of a Summer break did he get? When did he have to be with the Brazil team for the Olympics? In short, I don't think his pre season has been that great or ideal. The conditioning needed for the Olympics probably won't have been the same as that needed for the demands of the PL. However the lad flew back and asked to be included in the Utd set up straight away. Pat on the back there, I reckon he had the opportunity of a few weeks off.

It's still early days in the campaign, even if we lose on Sunday. I'm not worrying too much. It's not ideal, but I'm sure we'll turn it around and big Andy will be an important player.
Very true. He has needed a rest since March, if he hasn't had one then it's no wonder he's not at his best. I'm not worried about the overall season, and I know he will come good, he was excellent at Portsmouth, it's just strange and slightly disconcerting to see a young player struggling with fitness/stamina, especially one that could well be so important to United.

Unread 18-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Coracao

Quote:
I don't want Scholes anywhere near the starting XI on Sunday. If him and Giggs start it'll be car crash stuff. Game could be all over in the first twenty mins.

(Hopes post jinxes it, Scholes starts and scores the winner from 30 yards)
Sorry, but that is %@#$&!s.

We have no player who can pass the ball well enough to leave Scholes out on Sunday. Do you propose we start with Fletcher and Hargreaves in a 2 man midfield? Or with a completely off the pace Anderson in a 3 man midfield?

If Carrick was fit, then Fergie may have the option of leaving Scholes out.

Scholes should be part of a 3 man midfield on Sunday. If he doesn't play, then we wil continually be giving away possession cheaply.

Unread 18-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Whalefish

Lets hope he deals with the tempo on Sunday better than he did at Anfield. I agree a three man midfield is the way to get the best out of him though. He needs the other two to be runners, players to do the dirty work so perhaps him, Fletcher and Hargreaves.

Can't see Anderson starting, mainly because Fergie will probably see Sunday as a containing job. May nick it on the counter etc. Can't see it myself. Think we'll see Rooney out of position again, looking increasingly frustrated as the match goes on. Our own goal threat will be much of the same to date, minimal.

Unread 18-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Lets hope he deals with the tempo on Sunday better than he did at Anfield. I agree a three man midfield is the way to get the best out of him though. He needs the other two to be runners, players to do the dirty work so perhaps him, Fletcher and Hargreaves.

Can't see Anderson starting, mainly because Fergie will probably see Sunday as a containing job. May nick it on the counter etc. Can't see it myself. Think we'll see Rooney out of position again, looking increasingly frustrated as the match goes on. Our own goal threat will be much of the same to date, minimal.
With regards to Rooney, I suspect on Sunday it will be a choice between Rooney and Tevez. I expect Ronaldo and Berbatov (if fit) to start the game.

I actually think we are going to 'surprise' people on Sunday. I've been reading a few 'general' football message boards and people seem to be writing us off and saying the title is Chelsea's. Quite something after just 3 games.

I think we'll win. But i'm not a doomlord.

Unread 18-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Whalefish

I'm quite optimisitc about the rest of the season. Just think a lack of fitness/sharpness coupled with Satan selecting the first three away fixtures has created a false picture. It may prevent us from catching Chelsea, I dunno, but it should make it an interesting season.

I'd be tempted to play Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez up front Sunday. Berbatov off the bench if he's fit.

Unread 18-09-2008, 11:37 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
I'd be tempted to play Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez up front Sunday. Berbatov off the bench if he's fit.
Agreed.

Rooney looked pretty sharp to me last night. Good energy, hold up play was good & he was taking players on - albeit mainly out wide again unfortunately.
Playing Ronaldo & Berbatov who are both either just back or likely to be back from injury doesn't make sense.

Tevez & Rooney didn't have anything to work with last night.
Fletcher did pretty well, but as already pointed out the gap between midfield & the strikers was too big.

Whether I like Ronaldo or not (& I can't say that I do...& incidentally I thought his 'returning hero' reception last night was disgusting. That's the kind of ovation you save for the likes of Ole when he came back after 3 years of injury nightmare. Not some self-obsessed, smirking REal Madrid tease) ..him & Rooney bring the best out in eachother.
They link well & understand eachother's game.

I haven't got a clue what the side will be on Sunday, but the midfield will be absolutely key.

Unread 18-09-2008, 11:58 AM
borsuk

there's no way on earth we're going to chelsea with a two-man m/f in our current form. actually, i think fergie's blueprint for playing chelsea is much the same as the cl final: a strong m/f 4 with rooney dropping wide when we lose possession.

certain starters are vds, wes, rio, evra, fletcher. the back four will depend on whether fergie considered evans' performance more convincing than neville's; i suspect he did, and we'll see wes at rb to counter cole/malouda and evans in the middle. wes will be particularly important if scolari has deco on the left of a m/f three, as he has most of the time so far. i wouldn't be surprised at all to see park get a start, if his fitness is up to it, with nani on the bench.

vds
wes - rio - evans - evra
hargreaves - fletcher - scholes - park (- rooney)
rooney
tevez

berbatov, ronnie, nani, o'shea, anderson, neville, kuszczak

Unread 18-09-2008, 12:02 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
there's no way on earth we're going to chelsea with a two-man m/f in our current form. actually, i think fergie's blueprint for playing chelsea is much the same as the cl final: a strong m/f 4 with rooney dropping wide when we lose possession.

certain starters are vds, wes, rio, evra, fletcher. the back four will depend on whether fergie considered evans' performance more convincing than neville's; i suspect he did, and we'll see wes at rb to counter cole/malouda and evans in the middle. wes will be particularly important if scolari has deco on the left of a m/f three, as he has most of the time so far. i wouldn't be surprised at all to see park get a start, if his fitness is up to it, with nani on the bench.

vds
wes - rio - evans - evra
hargreaves - fletcher - scholes - park (- rooney)
rooney
tevez

berbatov, ronnie, nani, o'shea, anderson, neville, kuszczak
That would be my side too...but I'd go with Anderson instead of Park.
I know Anderson looks a yard short right now, but at least he's capable of a bit of class.
Nani wouldn't get anywhere near my starting 11. He's still far too raw & erratic for me.

Unread 18-09-2008, 12:11 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
That would be my side too...but I'd go with Anderson instead of Park.
I know Anderson looks a yard short right now, but at least he's capable of a bit of class.
Nani wouldn't get anywhere near my starting 11. He's still far too raw & erratic for me.
i think park was possibly our best player last night, alongside fletcher. very underrated and adds a lot of solidity down the flank defensively. plays very well with rooney too. i don't think anderson is anywhere near form, for whatever reason*. atm i'd sooner put possebon in there.

* for the hard of thinking, this does not mean that i don't rate anderson

Unread 18-09-2008, 05:13 PM
£#%&! KFC

I would rather see a midfield of Ronaldo Hargreaves Anderson and Nani on Sunday but it's not going to happen

Scholes will start and Giggs as well no doubt

Unread 18-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Ed Sullivan

Does anyone think he might be very slightly disabled?

His face looks a bit like he might have a bit of something.

Top player.

Unread 18-09-2008, 05:19 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
i think park was possibly our best player last night, :
are you £#%&!ing serious?

did you not watch the game?

Unread 18-09-2008, 05:20 PM
£#%&! KFC

Park was awful second half

Unread 18-09-2008, 05:25 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Park was awful second half
he'd be a candidate for our worst player with gary neville yesterday.

dont know how football expert boruk thinks he was our best player.
dont know why saf brought off our best player and it was visible immediately how crap we looked without the parl running around like cat chasing a ball of string.

Unread 18-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Sparky***

i don't think gary neville put 1 decent cross in all night.

Unread 18-09-2008, 05:29 PM
£#%&! KFC

Park should have had at least one penalty

Anderson should have started ffs.....the reason there are fitness concerns might have summat to do with the fact he plays one game then sits out the next two

if Anderson played 10 or 12 games in a row like last season we might actually start to play football again

Ferguson could end up ruining him at this rate

Unread 18-09-2008, 05:46 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
he was quite good first half he was gash after the break that's why he took him off, he wasn't excellent far from it....

Neville did OK apart from his shocking delivery would still rather have him than Brown at right back on Sunday though
i'll go with fergie on this one, eh.

why wouldn't you want wes in the team? or is it just you'd prefer wes in the middle? wes has been one of our most consistent performers for the last year and has been one of the few (with rio) players to start the season at a decent level. he's got to be in there imo.

Unread 18-09-2008, 05:48 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
i'll go with fergie on this one, eh.

why wouldn't you want wes in the team? or is it just you'd prefer wes in the middle? wes has been one of our most consistent performers for the last year and has been one of the few (with rio) players to start the season at a decent level. he's got to be in there imo.
I didn't say I didn't want him in the team did I I said not at right-back because without Vidic we need Ferdinand and Brown as the central pairing with Neville and NOT £#%&!ING O'SHEA at right-back..though I was impressed with Jonny Evans last night we need Brown in the centre Sunday
Closed Thread