United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-05-2008, 12:18 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Fletcher is going to play. We''ll drop points and Chelsea will do a double.
Woop, woop.

Unread 02-05-2008, 12:21 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
No Rooney, Vidic, or Anderson

Park, Brown, Hargreaves in defence, Ronaldo floating about

It's a recipe for disaster.

Doubt we could even win a CL s/f with that shower of shite, let alone close out a title race at home to West Ham and away to Wigan
I detect an ounce of sarcasm??

But being as we've lost 5 games this season (4 of which were against mid-table/relegation fodder) & have only won one of our last 4 League games - pissing a 5pt lead up the wall in the process - You'll forgive some of us for being somewhat nervy on the eve of a must win game against the bogiest of our bogey teams.

Unread 02-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Sloppy

Vidic is ruled out.On sky sports news now.

Unread 02-05-2008, 12:27 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Vidic is ruled out.On sky sports news now.
Probbly sensible and Wes was superb in the middle on Tuesday so it shouldn't be an issue.

Unread 02-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I detect an ounce of sarcasm??

But being as we've lost 5 games this season (4 of which were against mid-table/relegation fodder) & have only won one of our last 4 League games - pissing a 5pt lead up the wall in the process - You'll forgive some of us for being somewhat nervy on the eve of a must win game against the bogiest of our bogey teams.
such sustained negativity is an art I haven't mastered I'm afraid.

west ham aren't really a bogey team of ours imo

i know where you're coming from, but recent results against them will play no part in tomorrow's game at all - nowt bogey about the two boleyn defeats and the last game of last season was a sheer fluke, nothing more.

now if we had to play at wastelands i'd be fully paid up to the doom section despite us winning the league there last season

Unread 02-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Whalefish

Re Rooney:

"But we've got a major final to think about and we're not going to rush him."

Now call me old fashioned, but I still consider the league the priority. It's the clubs bread and butter after all. I accept Rooney may not be fit to play tomorrow, that's fine, but that quote worries me. We may only have to play an injury ravaged West Ham (at home) and Wigan (who should be safe) but I'd like to think he'll be interested in getting the league title done and dusted rather than worrying about a CL Final in three weeks.

Tinkering ahoy....

I appreciate he can't ignore the final at all but there's no margin for error in the league. £#%&! about and Utd could end up with nothing at all.

Unread 02-05-2008, 12:44 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Re Rooney:

"But we've got a major final to think about and we're not going to rush him."

Now call me old fashioned, but I still consider the league the priority. It's the clubs bread and butter after all. I accept Rooney may not be fit to play tomorrow, that's fine, but that quote worries me. We may only have to play an injury ravaged West Ham (at home) and Wigan (who should be safe) but I'd like to think he'll be interested in getting the league title done and dusted rather than worrying about a CL Final in three weeks.

Tinkering ahoy....

I appreciate he can't ignore the final at all but there's no margin for error in the league. £#%&! about and Utd could end up with nothing at all.
I agree, if Rooney is unfit, fair enough but the time for tinkering for its own sake should be over.

Unread 02-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Whalefish

Unleash the Wellbeck........

Unread 02-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:

Unread 02-05-2008, 12:51 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
If we got a good lead I'd be up for that actually.

Unread 02-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Re Rooney

I still seriously question his inclusion at Chelsea; there was no point risking him at all that I can see

So was he played to test - or prove - his fitness for Tuesday, possibly at his own insistance?

This would make some sense, particularly as Tevez is a more than able replacement in the system that has got the team to the final of that competition.

If that was the case, then Ferguson talking about giving him time to mend would now encourage Rooney psychologically not to overdo it, and also keep messers Curbishly, Bruce and Grant - whose team he watched very closely on Wednesday - guessing a bit.

Hopefully he's fit for tomorrow, but Wigan away will be his stage even if he doesn't make West Ham.

Unread 02-05-2008, 01:09 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
such sustained negativity is an art I haven't mastered I'm afraid.

west ham aren't really a bogey team of ours imo

i know where you're coming from, but recent results against them will play no part in tomorrow's game at all - nowt bogey about the two boleyn defeats and the last game of last season was a sheer fluke, nothing more.

now if we had to play at wastelands i'd be fully paid up to the doom section despite us winning the league there last season

[SIZE="3"]DR DOOM SAYS:

Never forget what West Ham have been capable of.

&

@#%&!s.

If it means stopping United winning the Title they will give every last ounce of effort.
It's one of the toughest fixtures we could have had.

Of course we should win, but if we don't get an early goal...if it's still 0-0 after say an hour, I will be physical & mental quivering wreck.

Unread 02-05-2008, 01:13 PM
wonky no

.....................VDS
brown........rio.........vidic........miki

park........hargreaves........anderson

......................giggs

...............tevez...........ronaldo

Unread 02-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Serenity Now

"I remember losing the league title by drawing at West Ham," [Steve Bruce] said. "It's still in the back of my memory.

"I remember how delirious they all were, delighted at the way they denied us. I remember the way they were all whooping away.

"They were all there really giving us the big high-fives down the tunnel just after we had lost the league."

"I don't bear grudges but I've waited a long, long time for [this match]."

Unread 02-05-2008, 01:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
.....................VDS
brown........rio.........vidic........miki

park........hargreaves........anderson

......................giggs

...............tevez...........ronaldo
Vidic is out.

Unread 02-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Whalefish

We should have relegated the @#%&!s last season.

Unread 02-05-2008, 01:24 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Vidic is out.
is evra fit?

brown.........miki...........rio..........evra

Unread 02-05-2008, 01:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
is evra fit?

brown.........miki...........rio..........evra
Yup, apparantly Vidic is the only player out, rooney could be on the bench. i'd keep the defence from Wednesday meself, if it can keep out Barca it should manage OK against the Irons.

Unread 02-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

[SIZE="3"]DR DOOM SAYS:

Never forget what West Ham have been capable of.

&

@#%&!s.

If it means stopping United winning the Title they will give every last ounce of effort.
It's one of the toughest fixtures we could have had.

Of course we should win, but if we don't get an early goal...if it's still 0-0 after say an hour, I will be physical & mental quivering wreck.
Excellent piece of doom, that!

They will most likely try their hardest

But it won't be enough.

Did you know?

March/April 92: Leeds 0 West Ham 0
May 95: West Ham 2 Blackburn 0

Unread 02-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Just been reading that VDS may not play tomorrow so i'm expecting the PIG will play.
that is a disaster in itself. Cue another nervous 90 minutes at OT. He is useless that @#%&!.

I'll bet the team resembles something like this:

vds

O'Shea
Brown
Rio
Paddy

Fletch
Anderson
Carrick/GoCougar

Ronaldo/Nani
Tevez
Giggs