United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-10-2008, 02:57 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie_red
What a £#%&!ing #@&%!.

He has dressed his kids in those kits for one reason and one reason alone - attention.

The sole reason I hate that lying @#%&!.

Unread 16-10-2008, 02:58 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
What a £#%&!ing #@&%!.

He has dressed his kids in those kits for one reason and one reason alone - attention.

The sole reason I hate that lying @#%&!.
adidas. nft.

Unread 16-10-2008, 02:59 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
adidas. nft.
Dress them in Galaxy tops then. nft.

Unread 16-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Argentina

As someone who is working in the grass roots of soccer in America I can tell you he has had an impact. An impact that the MLS isn't going to feel for another few years. It's like flood waters. The rain happens at the top of the hill, but it doesn't start flooding you down on the river plane straight away.

2 years ago, the company I was working for hired 24 coaches for their summer camps in southern California. It went up to 35 last year. This summer is was 52. Sole reason - Beckham. This isn't gonna affect the national game for another 10 years.

It's said it takes 3 generations for something new to become commonplace. I reckon we're in the 2nd generation of American Soccer playing kids.

Unread 16-10-2008, 04:05 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
As someone who is working in the grass roots of soccer in America I can tell you he has had an impact. An impact that the MLS isn't going to feel for another few years. It's like flood waters. The rain happens at the top of the hill, but it doesn't start flooding you down on the river plane straight away.

2 years ago, the company I was working for hired 24 coaches for their summer camps in southern California. It went up to 35 last year. This summer is was 52. Sole reason - Beckham. This isn't gonna affect the national game for another 10 years.

It's said it takes 3 generations for something new to become commonplace. I reckon we're in the 2nd generation of American Soccer playing kids.
Not going to disagree as working over there you have a better view of it than anyone - I just can't see it being big over there. Yes he may get more people playing/interested in soccer but I can't see it ever "taking off".

Unread 16-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Not going to disagree as working over there you have a better view of it than anyone - I just can't see it being big over there. Yes he may get more people playing/interested in soccer but I can't see it ever "taking off".
Like I said it usually takes 3 generations. And I reckon we're in our 2nd generation of proper soccer players being coached. It's getting bigger and it's not going to be an overnight thing.

Unread 16-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Smiling Bastard

Quote:
I think it will.

The number of people over here who know and care about the game, and who play it, has growing slowly but steadily since I've been here. MLS could grow in the same way, and to some extent already has. What worries me about it, though, is that I've heard conflicting things about how it's going. One time you hear that the Columbus Crew are operating at a profit, the next you hear that the only hope for the league is to make Beckham-style gambles and hope they pay off. I'm just not sure how steady the finances are.
Closed Thread