Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-04-2023, 08:05 PM
Bunker Buster

It was around 82/83 mins

Worth a gamble

Unread 02-04-2023, 08:06 PM
dunk

Exactly. Our GD is an abomination anyway, may as well lose by a couple as 1. Ł#%&!ing state of the players is the issue top to bottom.

Unread 03-04-2023, 08:27 AM
shenwen

Not sure bringing Pellistri is a fair gamble. Lad looked lost. Would rather stick Martinez in attack.

There's just too many gaps in midfield lately. Got to sort that out - most likely a signing or two in the summer. Was hoping Sabitzer could do for one but he's looking more anonymous each week.

Unread 03-04-2023, 08:42 AM
Hyman_Roth

This thread

Thought he got it wrong yesterday. I wanted Antony off but it was the wrong move. Sancho should be playing in the women’s league. I would have had Fred on rather than mctom from the start.

The centre backs was an odd one. If Rashford isn’t playing well then there’s no goals and our midfield without cass and Eriksen is shite.

Fine to question the manager - the very best get scrutinised but anything beyond some mild criticism at this stage is 100% mental or wummy.

He’s clearly got all the attributes that we need to get this club back where it belongs. It would be self sabotage on an unprecedented scale to do anything other than 100% unquestionably support him.

Unread 03-04-2023, 08:59 AM
Seamus

the players are running on empty, we have Casemiro, Eriksen and Martial all coming back. I wouldnt doubt the manager, he hasnt had a centre forward and has utilised Weggy but he isn't built to play 3 games a week.

Knee jerk reactions questioning the manager

Unread 03-04-2023, 09:03 AM
atticusgrinch

Had to bad rep this Ł#%&!ing moron.

Unread 03-04-2023, 09:23 AM
dragflick

Ł#%&! me.

Unread 03-04-2023, 09:32 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
the players are running on empty, we have Casemiro, Eriksen and Martial all coming back. I wouldnt doubt the manager, he hasnt had a centre forward and has utilised Weggy but he isn't built to play 3 games a week.

Knee jerk reactions questioning the manager
Yep, he’s shown what he can do with all players available. He’s what we need. We all said trophy and top four. Despite all the bed wetting after last I'm still sure he’ll deliver that and maybe more

Unread 03-04-2023, 09:46 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
I am sorry but after that performance today I am beginning to have my doubts? he made some odd decisions, but not really for the reasons you state.

Weghorst ffs! Had less touches in the first half than their goalie! he did what he does in every game. should have shot across the keeper, for sure. I read a stat yesterday that the only person who has scored more goals in the bundesliga since 2018 is lewandowski. nearly fell off my chair (and I was lying down).

Dalot gets taken apart every attack but he gets 90 minutes? wan b was ill. it's the only reason dalot played. but he wasn't taken apart. newcastle most attacked down the right. dalot did ok again st max.

Varane and Martinez )best player on the pitch) get replaced by Ł#%&!ing Linerlof? this was a dumbass move, whatever 10h's rationale.

Anthony doing his job with shit support gets replaced by Sancho. sancho played like a slug, but at least he can use both feet.
aside from one nice flick to dalot, antony did Ł#%&! all. although it would have helped if the ref hadn't been Ł#%&!ing blind to burn's persistent fouling, including a rugby tackle.

Sabitzer and Mcshite should have come off at half time! to be replaced by......? they were playing because we have no other midfielders. we should have played a three-man midfield. maybe it was a game to try martinez or shaw or someone who can actually win the ball in midfield? what would you suggest? it's easy to say who played badly, but what do you do when there are shit@#%&!s all the way down?

Fernandes....your the Ł#%&!ing captain ffs. at least get stuck in! needs a rest. can't do everything, every game.

I shot on target I think in the whole game. Jesus that was worse than Leeds at Home.

Manager if you can`t see it then it`s a problem!
10h (and shaw) blaming their attitude is a cop out. rashford didn't look fit. sabitzer and The Scottish Player are not characters. but... the set-up was ridiculous. 10h doesn't seem to adapt the formation or instructions dependent on the opponent. the passing out from goal kicks is down to him. the subs were perplexing. we weren't stretching them up front, so it was a waste having all those attacking players and a gaping hole in midfield; we should have been more compact, with three midfielders and wide players who actually tracked back - that's on 10h.

if willock could shoot straight, that could have been another liverpool. as it goes, the two goals were avoidable, but the pressure was one way. we need to control the game before we can win it. and we never did.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:07 AM
dunk

The flick, the ball to Sabitzer for his ‘chance’ first half and the ball to Weghorst for his chance first half. In fact, Antony was responsible for everything we did that threatened Newcastle’s goal. Not much, but that was because absolutely everybody else couldn’t be arsed.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:10 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The flick, the ball to Sabitzer for his ‘chance’ first half and the ball to Weghorst for his chance first half. In fact, Antony was responsible for everything we did that threatened Newcastle’s goal. Not much, but that was because absolutely everybody else couldn’t be arsed.
He’s the one how gets most stick and yet is the one who is putting in most effort. Antony or Sancho shouldn’t even be up for debate right now.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:15 AM
jem

Quote:
I'm not sure rashford couldn't be arsed. he just couldn't move. bearing in mind how much time trippier spent in our half, he should have had plenty of the ball.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:17 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
He’s the one how gets most stick and yet is the one who is putting in most effort. Antony or Sancho shouldn’t even be up for debate right now.
Antony grafts and is constantly trying to unsettle the opposition. Most of the time when he looks bad it’s because left hand side United have left him completely isolated and are expecting him to sort out 2-3 men on his own with no options in the box. Sancho was Ł#%&!ing appalling when he came on, we off the pace from the start, he managed to put us even further off the pace.

It’s completely on the players. Half of that team have been here for 3 or more seasons and they’ve still not wrapped their heads around the fact that teams are going to absolutely bust a gut against them, every game. The number of sprints thing is appalling. We get out fought and out muscled every game and are 2nd to everything for huge swathes of most games.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:18 AM
jem

antony was summed up the one time he had a five-yard start on the defence and could have crossed or shot with his right foot. he had to hold up and check back onto his left. ffs, he could have just steamed at the goal, but all his had in his head was "oh, shit... it's on my right."

a professional footballer who can't use both feet.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:20 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I'm not sure rashford couldn't be arsed. he just couldn't move. bearing in mind how much time trippier spent in our half, he should have had plenty of the ball.
He should, but we couldn’t get it to him.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:23 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
antony was summed up the one time he had a five-yard start on the defence and could have crossed or shot with his right foot. he had to hold up and check back onto his left. ffs, he could have just steamed at the goal, but all his had in his head was "oh, shit... it's on my right."

a professional footballer who can't use both feet.
Not sure if we’re thinking of the same moment but I’m pretty sure he was looking to cross but had to check back because Weghorst was nowhere to be seen.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:36 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Not sure if we’re thinking of the same moment but I’m pretty sure he was looking to cross but had to check back because Weghorst was nowhere to be seen.
I am pretty sure there were a couple of players in the box, but... whichever incident... antony can't use his right foot and that is pretty embarrassing. I'm not blaming him for the way we played (the "antony" shot he had on his left foot was utterly pathetic as well), but it is a fairly critical weakness and is apparent in every game. sometimes, he just has to try with his right foot.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:39 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
There’s been loads of players can’t use their weaker foot. I’m not sure I ever saw Valencia or Berbatov use their left for anything other than standing on or the simplest of passes, for instance.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:41 AM
Bunker Buster

Antony was out best player yesterday, still have no idea why he was taken off....

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:42 AM
jem

Quote:
There’s been loads of players can’t use their weaker foot. I’m not sure I ever saw Valencia or Berbatov use their left for anything other than standing on or the simplest of passes, for instance.
don't make me post valencia's goal again.

there are loads of players who are one-footed. valencia was slated for it constantly. there is no excuse for one foot being useless. Ł#%&!ing work on it.
Closed Thread