United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-10-2022, 01:49 PM
rogieop

If a player(last man) deliberately takes out an opposition player who is bearing down on goal but its outside the box(ole v newcastle) instead of freekick and Red card penalty to be awarded.

Unread 28-10-2022, 01:50 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Not so much a law, but I HATE how referees will always ‘see the attack out’ before blowing for full time.

Unless there’s an injury, blow the whistle bang on the allotted time.
How about half/full time can only be blown if the ball is out of lay, like in rugby. Could make for some great passing moves at the end of game.

I'd ban shepherding the ball out of play. If you didn't touch it last it's not under your control, so stopping someone getting to it is obstruction.

Unread 28-10-2022, 01:52 PM
est.1878

If you get drawn a team two or more divisions lower in a cup you have to play 45 minutes entirely with weaker foot , will stop the comp being devalued with reserve teams

Unread 28-10-2022, 01:52 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
How about half/full time can only be blown if the ball is out of lay, like in rugby. Could make for some great passing moves at the end of game.

I'd ban shepherding the ball out of play. If you didn't touch it last it's not under your control, so stopping someone getting to it is obstruction.
Think you want the ‘which current rule would you enforce’ thread

Unread 28-10-2022, 01:53 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
If a player(last man) deliberately takes out an opposition player who is bearing down on goal but its outside the box(ole v newcastle) instead of freekick and Red card penalty to be awarded.
tin hat fully on, but pretty sure its time for penalty shoot outs to be the american version . normal pens when not shoot out.

Unread 28-10-2022, 01:55 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Yeah that’s a good one. Especially when the ball is five yards away and the defender is just slamming their back into the forward.

Unread 28-10-2022, 01:58 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Think you want the ‘which current rule would you enforce’ thread
Which one?

Ball has to be in play for full time and the other one every time I complain about it I'm told it's perfectly within the rules.

Unread 28-10-2022, 02:03 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Get rid of throw ins

Not sure if this is against the rules at the moment, so possibly unnecessary, but I’d make it legal to be able to lift your teammate from set pieces like they do in rugby lineouts

Just look at this picture, and imagine Ronnie being lifted up by The Scottish Player and Varane, ready to power a downward header into the top corner. The scenes

Which shows you have no appreciation of the game of football, stay with rugbbery and stop pretending to support utd. Idiot

Unread 28-10-2022, 02:04 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Which shows you have no appreciation of the game of football, stay with rugbbery and stop pretending to support utd. Idiot

Rattled.

Unread 28-10-2022, 02:08 PM
guerreiro

Anyone doing the heart shaped hand celebration, gets immediately sniped from the roof.

Unread 28-10-2022, 02:09 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Which one?

Ball has to be in play for full time and the other one every time I complain about it I'm told it's perfectly within the rules.
May want to start a thread on arbitrary and subjective rules, obstruction is already there but not sure anyone can claim to know where the metaphorical line is

Unread 28-10-2022, 02:10 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Uses an artificial aid to unfairly assist play – for example, leaning on the shoulders of a teammate to increase height, using an article of clothing to avoid direct contact with the ball, removing the corner flag on a corner kick, hanging on the crossbar.
Martin Keown was notorious for this

Unread 28-10-2022, 02:19 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
tin hat fully on, but pretty sure its time for penalty shoot outs to be the american version . normal pens when not shoot out.
I'd 100% endorse this, a player having to take it from the centre spot for a 1v1 with the 'keeper is far more entertaining a prospect than simply watching professionals fall to pieces from 12 yards.

Unread 28-10-2022, 02:33 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
May want to start a thread on arbitrary and subjective rules
Well, it is Friday..

Unread 28-10-2022, 02:35 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Martin Keown was notorious for this

Unread 28-10-2022, 02:36 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Anyone doing the heart shaped hand celebration, gets immediately sniped from the roof.
Yep. In fact any rehearsed celebrations or those that are obviously 'branding' to be punished by a red card. And being sniped from the roof.

Unread 28-10-2022, 03:01 PM
windy waffles

I'm sure I remember, years ago, they trialed 'kick-ins' instead of throw ins in the States somewhere. This was a good 20+ years ago.

Unread 28-10-2022, 03:03 PM
NedKelly

One intentional handball allowed for each team per game.

Unread 28-10-2022, 03:04 PM
BarryX

The ball has to stay within the boundaries of the corner markings when a player is taking a corner. Likewise, the keeper's grounded foot shouldn't leave the penalty area when kicking the ball from his/her/their (whatever the £#%&!s') hands. The only player who should be able to question a ref's decision is the Captain.

Unread 28-10-2022, 03:07 PM
AK14

Clamp down on showboating like what we saw from Antony last night, 6 month ban maybe?

No place for that sort of thing in the beautiful game of football.
Closed Thread