United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-08-2007, 03:59 AM
Rex7

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
No it was in LA.

For some reason, the Yanks tend to have the team orders arse about tit.

For example, if the fixture reads LA Galaxy v New England Revolution, that would mean LA were the away team.
It comes from baseball, because the home team bats last.

Unread 17-08-2007, 03:59 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I thought this tournament was a marketing thing - like the recent Premier League trophy in hong kong. no merit whatsoever.

good goal, but check out that keeper. he makes barthez look like a giant.
I think you've got some bad info shenwen. It's not a marketing thing, it's a legitimate Cup competition. Not the biggest, but nothing like the PL trophy thingy, which is a preseason friendly. This is a season-long competition amongst the top 8 MLS and Primera Division teams.

The keeper is Troy Perkins. He's 6'2"

Unread 17-08-2007, 04:06 AM
Rex7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Bastard
Yes, there's two divisions and then play-offs. I've got a feeling that this year the teams that get the most points go into the play-offs, regardless of what division they're in. But I could be wrong about that.
Top 2 teams from each division, then best 4 over all.

1st round is 2 legs, the rest is straight knockout.

And the Revolution will lose in the MLS Cup Final, because Steve Nichol will make them play Scouse like.

Unread 17-08-2007, 04:35 AM
Stone Monkey

Grimson, do you watch the Utd games in that famous Reds bar in NY? Can't remember what it's called but I've seen it in documentaries.

Unread 17-08-2007, 04:36 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex7
And the Revolution will lose in the MLS Cup Final, because Steve Nichol will make them play Scouse like.
DC will crush them, again, if they meet in the playoffs.

Unread 17-08-2007, 04:37 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey
Grimson, do you watch the Utd games in that famous Reds bar in NY? Can't remember what it's called but I've seen it in documentaries.
Nevada Smith's - no, too crowded, too annoying. I get a lot of them at home on either Fox or one of the Spanish channels, or I go to the Red Lion on Bleeker Street in the Village.

Unread 17-08-2007, 04:40 AM
Stone Monkey

That's the one, yeah looked a bit touristy too if you know what I mean. So you are in Manhattan right?

You ever get over to the West Coast and I'll take you to the #@&%! n Bull in Santa Monica.

Unread 17-08-2007, 04:45 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey
That's the one, yeah looked a bit touristy too if you know what I mean. So you are in Manhattan right?

You ever get over to the West Coast and I'll take you to the #@&%! n Bull in Santa Monica.
Yeah I live in the East Village. I'll take you up on it, I'd love to make it out there.

Unread 17-08-2007, 04:52 AM
Stone Monkey

Absolutely mate. Just let me know.

Unread 17-08-2007, 09:31 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I think you've got some bad info shenwen. It's not a marketing thing, it's a legitimate Cup competition. Not the biggest, but nothing like the PL trophy thingy, which is a preseason friendly. This is a season-long competition amongst the top 8 MLS and Primera Division teams.

The keeper is Troy Perkins. He's 6'2"
really!! he looked tiny when i saw the clip on cnn last night. there you go

Unread 17-08-2007, 11:11 AM
endsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeeeeee
He said on sky sports news there that when the free kick was given he felt like he would score
I would fancy my chances against such poor quality opposition too.
Closed Thread