United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-12-2007, 09:14 PM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
How many football (soccer ) teams up sticks and move cities when the owners don't get their own way?
I heard that Manchester United moved to Bury a few years back although I'm not 100% on that so dont quote me on it

Unread 04-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
How many football (soccer ) teams up sticks and move cities when the owners don't get their own way?
English football is only just now seeing the kind of owners American football has always had - billionaire egomaniacs. They can't physically move teams, because there's no place without a team already these days. But they can run off popular managers (Mourinho, Rafa?) and hamstring teams with dodgy transfers (Tevez, Mascherano). Let's just wait and see what else transpires, as it's only just begun.

And by the same token, how many NFL teams go into administration?

Unread 04-12-2007, 10:11 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Where is oakland?
Right next door to San Francisco.

I much prefer the old Bronco's kit and helmets.
Closed Thread